• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Its a forum. People talk about stuff. Right now they are talking about the decision to end group buys. Talking about stuff doesn't hurt anything. It is a neat way to exchange ideas. Telling people "If you don't like it you can leave." ignores the concept that while there may be a new rule, people might enjoy expressing their opinion of it. Relax.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Its a forum. People talk about stuff. Right now they are talking about the decision to end group buys. Talking about stuff doesn't hurt anything. It is a neat way to exchange ideas. Telling people "If you don't like it you can leave." ignores the concept that while there may be a new rule, people might enjoy expressing their opinion of it. Relax.

Most of the time my concerns are not really concerns...they're just complaints.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

Hey now. We can't have any of that new-fangled "common sense" thingamajig in here. :D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

The love it or leave it card gets played pretty quick around here.

People like to vent. In fact, it's a healthy exercise sometimes.

Anyhow, it is what it is.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I understood the copy and paste bs last month. I have read the lawsuits and understand 100%.

What's next madatory safety glasses on everyone that has a group shoot?:)

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I understood the copy and paste bs last month. I have read the lawsuits and understand 100%.

What's next madatory safety glasses on everyone that has a group shoo?

Yep, but if you C & P from places like lewrockwell.com there is no problem because they don't believe in intellectual property and their content is generally free to distribute.:dunno:
    The link thing is an ok solution, but usually the article doesn't get read as often as if it were completely pasted in the OP. But that's just me complaining again.:(

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Can I start a sight called www.ingogroupbuys.com? :)

Yep, sure can. And you can have complete control over how its run, and you can listen to all the members whine and complain when you make a rule they don't like.

So why even compare it to our government? I don't see the logic:dunno:

There is no logic-- that was my point. I wasn't the one who started comparing it to the government.

Its a forum. People talk about stuff. Right now they are talking about the decision to end group buys. Talking about stuff doesn't hurt anything. It is a neat way to exchange ideas.

The OP started it off as a discussion (ie talking about stuff), and I appreciate that. The whining and complaining didn't start until after, and that's the part that gets really old, really fast.

Telling people "If you don't like it you can leave." ignores the concept that while there may be a new rule, people might enjoy expressing their opinion of it. Relax.

I don't like to toss out the "if you don't like it then leave" card, but a vocal minority enjoy all that INGO has to offer, but then turn on it the moment it doesn't agree with their sensibilities.

Its fun to complain about stuff. I do it all the time.

Fun for you, but not for the people that put a lot of their time, effort, and money into this site to make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone. I don't mind someone expressing their opinion, even if it is "I don't agree with the change". Fine. But give me a logical reason why you disagree, and don't go making silly assumptions on why we instituted the new rule in the first place.

The love it or leave it card gets played pretty quick around here.

And yet, no one leaves. So they must love it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Why is it that the mod's seem to really dislike all the complaing that they get and yet they want to continue to be a mod? With what has been said above they have chosen to stay so they like the complaints?..... Im sure it is the typical "we are trying to help the site".

For the record I have left many sites...... at some point I reach a breaking point and say screw it.

Grooveatron did have a good point..... I feel that it was 100% relavent to this issue. You did say that if you want to vote you can leave..... It would be like the President saying "if you don't like it you can leave the country because you can't vote on any issues"......... or like the county doing away with memorendums and saying you can't vote on any local issues and if you want to you can leave..... yes the county is not pirvatley owned but to make your argument stick Fenway would have to make all the decisions with no outside input......

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I don't even know how to say what I want to say without being expelled.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

What's next madatory safety glasses on everyone that has a group shoot?:)

Only problem is that it is not really inforced or at least well... because sometimes they are posts that are a day or two old..... I see links posted with things quoted in the post at least once a day on average...... mostly by the same person........ I figure if I report them all I will just be looked at as a tattle tale or problem causes so I just laugh and read on.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Why is it that the mod's seem to really dislike all the complaing that they get and yet they want to continue to be a mod? With what has been said above they have chosen to stay so they like the complaints?..... Im sure it is the typical "we are trying to help the site".

For the record I have left many sites...... at some point I reach a breaking point and say screw it.

Grooveatron did have a good point..... I feel that it was 100% relavent to this issue. You did say that if you want to vote you can leave..... It would be like the President saying "if you don't like it you can leave the country because you can't vote on any issues"......... or like the county doing away with memorendums and saying you can't vote on any local issues and if you want to you can leave..... yes the county is not pirvatley owned but to make your argument stick Fenway would have to make all the decisions with no outside input......

I just think its healthy for people to hear criticism. You never know when a really good idea will be spawned from discussion/complaining.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Only problem is that it is not really inforced or at least well... because sometimes they are posts that are a day or two old..... I see links posted with things quoted in the post at least once a day on average...... mostly by the same person........ I figure if I report them all I will just be looked at as a tattle tale or problem causes so I just laugh and read on.
    I was given an infraction for it on Wednesday.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I feel that it was 100% relavent to this issue. You did say that if you want to vote you can leave..... It would be like the President saying "if you don't like it you can leave the country because you can't vote on any issues"......... or like the county doing away with memorendums and saying you can't vote on any local issues and if you want to you can leave..... yes the county is not pirvatley owned but to make your argument stick Fenway would have to make all the decisions with no outside input......

Comparing INGO to the .gov is silly, and that was my point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom