• Status
    Not open for further replies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Was religion talk banned after one bad thread???????????? No.

The issue with Group Buys is that when they go well, nobody notices. When they fail, they tend to do so in a very public and epic way. And no matter what disclaimers or language we may attach, or how some individuals may feel about it, a group buy gone bad does reflect badly on INGO as a whole.

There have been enough group buys that have been botched, delayed or just plain never happened, that we felt this step was necessary.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Lighten up guys. We're just not hosting any more group buys. We did for a while, and now we're not. If you wanna arrange one, just do it somewhere else.

As adults, remember that you're always welcome to vote by not logging on to INGO anymore-- that's your choice and we can't force you to enjoy the site.

But, like the government, I'm guessing more people will want to stay and whine about it than actually vote.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Lighten up guys. We're just not hosting any more group buys. We did for a while, and now we're not. If you wanna arrange one, just do it somewhere else.

As adults, remember that you're always welcome to vote by not logging on to INGO anymore-- that's your choice and we can't force you enjoy the site.

But, like the government, I'm guessing more people will want to stay and whine about it then actually vote.

BAZINGA!!!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

As adults, remember that you're always welcome to vote by not logging on to INGO anymore-- that's your choice and we can't force you to enjoy the site.

But, like the government, I'm guessing more people will want to stay and whine about it than actually vote.

Poll made asking the question to keep group buys or not would be a vote and fair..... but then if it was voted to go away there would still be people complaining.........

But that pole could be made a sticky and if people complain then al well because the vast majority wanted to keep it.

I do agree that people can leave if they won't but respectfully don't agree with the "this is the way it is so deal with it" additude that most Mod's on furms have it seems (Keep in mind that I have been a mod before).

One could say that sales going bad don't look good but to 90% of americans half the threads or even topic areas would look bad to them... I doubt many could argue with that.

So a group buy is started but never happens and moey is never sent or the money is refunded...... who cares....... so one looks like it may be bad...... who cares far more that end well (like 99% of them) then don't happen or end bad.

Id like to see at least one person publicly post that they want the group buy section to go away............ I really doubt there is even one that is a regular member (not management).

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Poll made asking the question to keep group buys or not would be a vote and fair.....

This wasn't a decision that was up to the membership, so we didn't take a poll. The decision was the Site Admin's, Fenway, and the staff all shared their :twocents:.

I'm not trying to toss out a "take it or leave it" attitude, but people quickly forget that INGO is privately owned and operated, and therefore "fairness" has nothing to do with it. If Fenway wanted this to be a forum for gun-owning midgets only, then he'd make it that way. (and IndyMonkey would certainly stay :D)

We try very hard to make INGO an awesome place for all Indiana Gun Owners to gather, but we realize that we can't make all 10k+ members happy all at the same time.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

Can I start a sight called www.ingogroupbuys.com? :)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    This wasn't a decision that was up to the membership, so we didn't take a poll. The decision was the Site Admin's, Fenway, and the staff all shared their :twocents:.

I'm not trying to toss out a "take it or leave it" attitude, but people quickly forget that INGO is privately owned and operated, and therefore "fairness" has nothing to do with it. If Fenway wanted this to be a forum for gun-owning midgets only, then he'd make it that way. (and IndyMonkey would certainly stay :D)

We try very hard to make INGO an awesome place for all Indiana Gun Owners to gather, but we realize that we can't make all 10k+ members happy all at the same time.

One would think that the onwership/management would want to make the masses happy and be done with it then to please the minority......

In all honesty when you say that if you don't like it you don't have to log on you are tossing out a take ir leave it additude.

I don't think most of the people on this site complain just to complain, we do it because we felt a wrong was done and would rather fight it then walk away........

Yes this site has 10k plus members but we both know that far far far less are active...... I bet it is closer to 1,000 members that are active (regular) members...... That goes for any forum.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    By doing nothing, we are all adults here.

I don't require you to protect me, i am well aware of the risk that I take when giving people money.

Maybe a single episode should be dealt with accordingly.

Typical Over Reaction. The GB seems to be on course, only delayed. GB are beneficial to the participants & INGO as a whole. Stop the Nannying Please :ingo:

I'd buy a shirt with that on it:D

^^^^^^^All This:twocents:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yes this site has 10k plus members but we both know that far far far less are active...... I bet it is closer to 1,000 members that are active (regular) members......

Actually it's something higher than that. If you define "active" as "members who have logged in within the past 24 hours," the count is just north of 1500, per the stats on the site's homepage. If you go by "members who have logged in within the last 30 days," it's even higher.

And it seems like it's a very small and very vocal minority that complains at every turn about the way things are done around here. A member complaining about anything and everything tends to lessen the impact of his complaints in general. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Actually it's something higher than that. If you define "active" as "members who have logged in within the past 24 hours," the count is just north of 1500, per the stats on the site's homepage. If you go by "members who have logged in within the last 30 days," it's even higher.

And it seems like it's a very small and very vocal minority that complains at every turn about the way things are done around here. Complaining about anything and everything tends to lessen the impact of your complaints in general. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.

So I was off by 500... sue me haha:D I think you see my point though... can't say you (mods) have to please 10000 when it is closer to 1,500-2,500 +/- range. I mean my brother is a member on here and joined months and months ago...... but only got one maybe twice and has like 2 posts.....

I personally try to complain very little...... the last time I did come to find out I was wrong and I admitted to it when I was discussing it with a mod in PM's.

I do agree that some seem to be complaining about something every week.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township

:scratch:

So, the only way a person can vote in relation to government in this country is to leave the country? I understand that this site is owned by an individual. I understand that this sight is a monarchy. So why even compare it to our government? I don't see the logic:dunno:

The fact that INGO is a monarchy rightfully controlled by it's owner (Fenway), should be your only answer to all of this. Stop trying to compare it to democracy or things that make sense. You obvoiusly don't need justification or a vote, so all your decisions should be very simple and require NO explanation.

I get confused when you try to use all these similies and metaphors. This is a dictatorship, the law has been laid, end of story.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TM1984
    Top Bottom