• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    As of now, I'd vote neither, and then Gary Johnson in the general election. picking between Newt and Romney is like picking between types of fecal matter. I'm leaning towards Johnson, but I really don't know at this point if I'm willing to vote against Obama for someone who is SLIGHTLY better in some areas, or vote for the candidate who's views match mine best (Johnson) with no chance of winning without having a D or R next to his name.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If that's the case, then the other candidates are not "evil" in every conceivable way.
    Not every way. Just a lot of ways. :):

I don't believe Mitt or Newt are evil either.
    Is Obama evil?

My point has always been NONE of the people running for the nomination are perfect.
    Agreed.

And I stick by my opinion that if Ron Paul is elected NOTHING will change. We will continue down the road to destruction simply because no one man can reverse the direction we are headed in.
    Why vote if nothing will change?

IMO if Ron Paul is elected his ardent supporters will be majorly disappointed with the outcome. They are simply setting the standard WAY too high, and being totally unrealistic in their expectations.
    Do you think my expectations are unrealistic?

What would Ron Paul actually DO?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The next president will either be Ron Paul or it will be Barack Obama. Consider me another disgruntled Republican who will leave the party if it puts up another globalist NWO candidate.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct re: Ron Paul or fearless leader.

I'll go a bit further and state that if it ends up being a NWO pig I would be one calling for the States to invoke their rights under the 10th Amendment and move for secession.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Not every way. Just a lot of ways. :):

Is Obama evil?

Obama is a useful idiot, evil I can't say. He has shown he is the most anti American president we have ever elected into office. The latest example of this is the Keystone Pipeline decision. That is a win/win for us. Keeps the oil out of the Chinese hands, and provides us with jobs, and a reliable energy supply. He is simply going to see us "brought down to size".

Agreed.

We all must vote for the person that matches our belief system the best. But IMO to relate any of the others running for POTUS no different than Obama is simply not true. They may not meet what you prefer, but they are not anti American Marxists like the current occupier of the White House.

Why vote if nothing will change?

Ok, you caught me in a blanket statement. Not true, but one man cannot change the direction we are headed in. The road to hell, or in our case third world status, is paved with "good" intentions.

Do you think my expectations are unrealistic?

ram, I honestly believe you are sincere in your belief and support of Ron Paul and I applaud you for that. I just see supporters such as yourself being VERY disappointed in a Ron Paul administration. He simply cannot effect meaningful change by himself, I don't believe he has the communication skills of a Reagan to pull it off.

What would Ron Paul actually DO?

Just my :twocents:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What would Ron Paul, (or Gary Johnson or any libertarian style president) do? I think we already have a roadmap for that. Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith laid that out years ago.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Hope-Aaron-Zelman/dp/1604502932/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327182602&sr=8-1[/ame]

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Is fearless leader evil?

Yes, fearless leader is evil.

He is not a useful idiot. He is executing his plan very well.

A suggested read:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1596986255]The Roots of Obama's Rage:Amazon:Books[/ame]

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Is fearless leader evil?

Yes, fearless leader is evil.

He is not a useful idiot. He is executing his plan very well.

A suggested read:

The Roots of Obama's Rage:Amazon:Books

As far as me calling Obama a useful idiot, he is not making the decisions, he is only a mouthpiece (useful but dangerous idiot). I will never believe it's "his" plan, other's are pulling his strings. He does not have the mental capacity to put all these separate but connected schemes into motion. Hell he can't speak coherently without a teleprompter.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Mitt or Newt....Not something I wanted to have to ponder, lol. At first I thought I would stay home and not vote. But I fear that would lock in 4 more of supreme leader. Mitt and Newt, while neither are good for the country I think both slow down the inevitable collision with the iceberg so to speak. Giving me more time to prepare my family. I think I would vote Newt. At least the Presidential debates would be entertaining.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    J_Wales -
    There's NO question that his cronyism, and self-serving BS artistry and payoffs have cost our grandchildren Trillions of dollars. The key question is did he do it with the intent of bringing down the country? Or is the country just a casualty of his cronyism?

If you buy that Obama is evil by design... and I'm not going one way or the other on that.. then it begs the next logical question.

Here's the next question: Are folks like Romney, Santorum and Gingrich evil in the same way? Specifically are they destroying the Constitution and with it, America as we know it, BY DESIGN?? Or by accident - as in they do something calculated to be good for the country and walk on the Constitution in the process??

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    As far as me calling Obama a useful idiot, he is not making the decisions, he is only a mouthpiece (useful but dangerous idiot). I will never believe it's "his" plan, other's are pulling his strings. He does not have the mental capacity to put all these separate but connected schemes into motion. Hell he can't speak coherently without a teleprompter.

Perhaps.

I would still suggest the read though if you've not read it.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    J_Wales -
    There's NO question that his cronyism, and self-serving BS artistry and payoffs have cost our grandchildren Trillions of dollars. The key question is did he do it with the intent of bringing down the country? Or is the country just a casualty of his cronyism?

If you buy that Obama is evil by design... and I'm not going one way or the other on that.. then it begs the next logical question.

Here's the next question: Are folks like Romney, Santorum and Gingrich evil in the same way? Specifically are they destroying the Constitution and with it, America as we know it, BY DESIGN?? Or by accident - as in they do something calculated to be good for the country and walk on the Constitution in the process??

It is by design. There is nothing accidental about it.

Statist pigs know the best way to preserve themselves is to expand the state.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    What would Ron Paul, (or Gary Johnson or any libertarian style president) do? I think we already have a roadmap for that. Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith laid that out years ago.

Amazon.com: Hope (9781604502930): Aaron Zelman, L. Neil Smith: Books

I really like Gary Johnson. He's proven that a libertarian can be an executive. I wish he wouldn't have joined the Libertarian Party for the election this year, because maybe he could have been an "heir" for Ron Paul's support as a Republican.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Non-voters are pathetic. Take your ball and go home. a non vote is a vote for Obama and noone would be worse than obama if for no other reason that he doesn't have to win another election.

So just because you ***** about Obama winning again doesn't mean people won't realize that you are one of those that helped put him there. Chickenhawk.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Non-voters are pathetic. Take your ball and go home. a non vote is a vote for Obama and noone would be worse than obama if for no other reason that he doesn't have to win another election.

So just because you ***** about Obama winning again doesn't mean people won't realize that you are one of those that helped put him there. Chickenhawk.
    Math is not your forte' is it? Not voting isn't a vote FOR anyone. It's a denial of a vote. Obama doesn't get the vote and neither does anyone else. If you want this to change then I would suggest working in the gop to get them to run candidates worthy of a vote and not the zoo crew they're currently touting. None of the Above should be on all ballots, it's a valid vote.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Math is not your forte' is it? Not voting isn't a vote FOR anyone. It's a denial of a vote. Obama doesn't get the vote and neither does anyone else. If you want this to change then I would suggest working in the gop to get them to run candidates worthy of a vote and not the zoo crew they're currently touting. None of the Above should be on all ballots, it's a valid vote.

As long as people stay home, refusing to vote, the GOP will never learn that lesson. They need to lose, with a significant number of votes going to someone further to the right, if you want them to move to the right. They have to SEE the votes they're losing. That's the only way to convince them.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As long as people stay home, refusing to vote, the GOP will never learn that lesson. They need to lose, with a significant number of votes going to someone further to the right, if you want them to move to the right. They have to SEE the votes they're losing. That's the only way to convince them.
    I don't find much to disagree with in that. That's why I'll likely be casting a vote for the LP candidate, (should they run one worth voting for). Last go around I voted for none of the above, as all the candidates in the general were unacceptable.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Yep. Ron Paul is the only possibility of me voting R.

If any other vote or a write-in is considered a vote for Obama by some, I really couldn't care less.

Top Bottom