• ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I have a plan.....scrap the two party system, and impose term limits---2 terms period. Once an individual has served 2 terms they are no longer eligible to serve in another elected position in the .gov. :twocents:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    None of those are going to happen, regardless of who gets in, so you can just give that up.

To the OP, I don't know which one I'd vote for. As far as those choosing not to vote, the quote from RUSH says it all. You STILL have made a choice, the status quo.

Those choosing the protest vote route, it would make no difference if 250,000,000 voters voted for bacon. No one in the Federal Government would give a crap, or even be the least concerned about it. It might make YOU feel good about yourself, but it is a waste of time and the energy you spent writing in Bacon.

To the post I quoted, then why even vote for Ron Paul? I've been saying the exact same thing in many threads and get hammered for it every time.

Whether one chooses to believe it or not, a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for the lesser of two evils. NONE of the candidates are perfect, and all have flaws. Some just more than others, but it is still voting for the lesser of two evils.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    for those of you thinking it's noble to stay home and let Obama deal with a Republican Congress, let me remind you of something.

There is a potential for the next President to pick up to 3 or 4 members of the Supreme Court.

Should that slide to the far left, the country you call America will die...

and, once Obamacare gets up and running, much like Medicare and Social Security... it will never be undone.

Now tell us who/why Mitt or Newt WOULDNT elect the same person(s) Obama would?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I will not vote for either one of those ******* ********. Period. Ever. If either of them ends up on the ballot, I'll write my own name in.

I'd rather have 4 more years of Obama and a Republican Congress.

This is my initial thought as well.

for those of you thinking it's noble to stay home and let Obama deal with a Republican Congress, let me remind you of something.

There is a potential for the next President to pick up to 3 or 4 members of the Supreme Court.

and, once Obamacare gets up and running, much like Medicare and Social Security... it will never be undone.

Wow Hickman you have just made me rethink my position.

REP inbound for both of these guys. But it is dissapointing to have that sick in the gut feeling that everything is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    so your answer is to do nothing?

Not voting for the Republican nominee isnt doing "nothing". If they want to continue as a viable party, then they must put candidates whom are actual alternatives to the status quo. They WILL change to aquire votes and win elections, but will NOT change when they win with whomever they throw up there. I would rather they lose votes than think that we approve of them.

When we go continue to eat the crap sandwiches they keep serving us, what will be their motivation for changing the menu? Voting like this is the hollywood squares, and taking the lesser evil to block only results in the pot warming up to a boil more slowly.

As far as losing the country as it was intended to be, Im afraid that ship has already sailed. Mummuring from the shore to "come back" is pointless. We need to start screaming. (not just at the federal level, but more importantly at the local level)

I will write in RP, or vote 3rd party As I refuse to eat anymore of this sandwich.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    seriously, it is vitally important for the next concervatine president to do 2 things . first he must abollish the healthcare mandate, which by the way, is law and currently being funded with defence money and secondly he must appoint a juris that is more inkeeping with our concervatine values. roe v wade must be overturned!
    You think the President can abolish the healthcare bill? Congress has to do that, then the President signs it out of law. So, the Senate is the top priority along with keeping the house.

IMO abortion should not even be part of the Presidential discussion.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Somebody needs to pour water in the ears of this country to check for any brain activity because we're comatose now.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Gary Johnson.

I could go into a bunch of reasons but here's the thing:

If you would sign NDAA, I'm not voting for you.
    If you support the Patriot Act, I'm not voting for you.

I'm voting for an American, not a fascist

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Who is more likely to trample on the Constitution - 1) a centrist business type - who is likely to cave to the "logic" of the left or 2) an idealogue that might reflect some things I would like, but has no problem with trampling on the Constitution to get there. ???

_Given those two choices, and those alone_... I would opt for Romney - I'd bet that he will do less damage to the Constitution by accident and accommodation than Newt would do by design. And the same would go for Santorum were he in the hypothetical mix.

Oh - and for the "I'd stay home" types - in the immortal words of Neil Peart - "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." :D

Granted, this IS a hypothetical - albeit an interesting one. And yeah, I'd be worried about either one.

I think that either one would be far better than what an Obama second term would do to the Constitution and the Republic.

Yes, I did make a choice by staying home. I will not support the ruling class. If the republicans want my vote they must select a true conservative.

Both newt and mitt will continue to destroy the Constitution and the nation just like President Hussein. Tey are ruling class members who seek to expand their power privilege and wealth. The march to slavery and emperor will continue with all three.

Last edited:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I honestly think that anyone that would abstain from voting because their unicorn isn't in the race and guaranteeing BHO is reelected needs to be smacked silly. And this isn't a "behind the keyboard" chest pumped out statement. Let's meet, I'll go to jail and feel ultimate satisfaction. Silly ***** ego-maniacal traitors!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I honestly think that anyone that would abstain from voting because their unicorn isn't in the race and guaranteeing BHO is reelected needs to be smacked silly. And this isn't a "behind the keyboard" chest pumped out statement. Let's meet, I'll go to jail and feel ultimate satisfaction. Silly ***** ego-maniacal traitors!

Calm down 24! Folks have a right to disagree. Only point I make is the RINOs will do the same thing as Hussein, just slower. I will vote libertarian before I vote RINO.

I have been lied to and betrayed by Republicans for the last time.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

How many repubs on here have said they can't support Paul because of his supporters? You're really winning voters for the repubs.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Sorry, but you WILL continue to eat that crap sandwich even if Ron Paul is elected POTUS. Why is that so hard to grasp for some?:dunno:

A vote for RP is not a vote for the lesser of two evils, its voting for a far less powerfull evil.

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force.
    Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master" ---George Washington

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Calm down 24! Folks have a right to disagree. Only point I make is the RINOs will do the same thing as Hussein, just slower. I will bite libertarian before I vote RINO.

I have been lied to and betrayed by Republicans for the last time.

You are right. I guess my frustration is I'm a good INGOer and don't want to be banned for advocating a certain course of action that WILL be the SHTF event Washington DC needs! Until that day, prudence tells me the lesser of the present evils will put off the inevitable a few more years.

God, I feel sorry for my granddaughter !! And I feel helpless to be able to do anything to protect that dear heart.

Now I've gone from seething anger to tears.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mitt or Newt = 4 more years of Obama. Why? Well this thread shows why.

TRUTH. Mitt and Newt will send voters running for their lives. They can't even unite Republicans, let alone attract Independents or steal away Democrats. They don't seem to have any enthusiastic fans at all. I have yet to see a single person online post the words "Mitt 2012!!" or "Newt 2012!!" on any sites that I visit; whereas I see random strangers promoting Ron Paul everywhere I go. How do you expect these guys to challenge Obama when their own base has to bring a barf-bag to the voting booth? That's an electability issue. Neither of these guys has what it takes.

To defeat Obama you will need the most passionate activists on the planet, who will work for free, and pour their own money, time, blood, sweat, and tears into this election. Elections are not won when most of the electorate is wearing a clothes-pin on their nose.

The next president will either be Ron Paul or it will be Barack Obama. Consider me another disgruntled Republican who will leave the party if it puts up another globalist NWO candidate.

Top Bottom