Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who?
    What?
    When?
    Where?

Whenever/whatever for me. I'm booked for the 23rd and 25th for Xmas stuff unless the weather changes the latter date.

I picked Grwd or Avon for being central locations. I'm flexible on that.
    Anyone familiar with those locations?
    Highest % of waitresses with girl parts and all their teeth?

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Whenever/whatever for me. I'm booked for the 23rd and 25th for Xmas stuff unless the weather changes the latter date.

Dancers
    I don't think they have shrimp
    but the food is quite good and girl parts are every where:)

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Fake Cans ARE for strippers.

I saw it on a T-Shirt. Somewhere.....:shady:

I can reccomend the Greenwood location. Sometimes the wait is long tho.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Strippers may want to shoot too. Don't cast your net too small......

I agree, all you jerks out there ought to be ashamed of yourselves for excluding this potential focus group. They have rights too and should be made welcome at all of our matches and gatherings.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

Hooters:dunno:

Though I have not ruled out dancers, they usually frown at firearms...darnitt pacman jones and the Indiana Pacers!.

Last edited:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I am ashamed!!! I didnt think of a good location!!! So where and when. Try to get a game plan. That is if we are not to distracted by other conversation.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I remember one time at Bdubs, a certain well known member of the USPSA community, had a waitress BEGGING him to give her his number, so she could come over to his house for "Private Shotgun Lessons".

At one point she said "Oh I will pay you! I am so excited" and he replied smoothly "You dont have to pay me."

Which he reluctantly accepted, all in the name of expanding the sport.

I felt like pistol whipping myself in the head out in the parking lot.

Why, oh WHY didnt I think of that when I was young!?!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Dancers
    I don't think they have shrimp
    but the food is quite good and girl parts are every where:)

Settle down there big boy!:D

Gheesh, so much for recruiting more women competitors in the New Shooters thread.

-rvb

Strippers may want to shoot too. Don't cast your net too small......

I am sorry, I thought that we had moved on to an off season eating/meeting establishment to discuss this thread. I have seen a ton of potential shooters at these establishments that were NOT dancing.:dunno:

Unintended Threadjack over

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am sorry, I thought that we had moved on to an off season eating/meeting establishment to discuss this thread. I have seen a ton of potential shooters at these establishments that were NOT dancing.:dunno:

Unintended Threadjack over

Actually, whether intentional or not, I believe you brought up a funny circumstance that should possibly be thought about seriously. Lots of possibilities, not just jokes.

I think you are a genius sir!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Also, if the new shooter is a chick, dont stare at her rack, dont offer to "help the lil lady" or ask where her husband is, just treat her like a regular person

The above was posted earlier... in this very thread. If a female shooter is on the fence about getting involved in a male-dominated event because she's concerned about how she'll be treated, and then reads this thread, this later talk of lady parts will certainly not encourage her. If you want ladies and juniors on the line, you have to be concious of this. Sorry to be the party pooper, but keep perspective about the goals of the discussion. This thread affects perception about the sport no differently than what you do/say at the range... in fact, it may affect it more, because here it's seen by all.

:twocents:

-rvb

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    The above was posted earlier... in this very thread. If a female shooter is on the fence about getting involved in a male-dominated event because she's concerned about how she'll be treated, and then reads this thread, this later talk of lady parts will certainly not encourage her. If you want ladies and juniors on the line, you have to be concious of this. Sorry to be the party pooper, but keep perspective about the goals of the discussion. This thread affects perception about the sport no differently than what you do/say at the range... in fact, it may affect it more, because here it's seen by all.

:twocents:

-rvb

I am not quite certain if you are being critical of me for what I said, how I said it, or not critical of me at all..... I am fine with your position whatever it may be. The reason I make that comment is that over the years I have brought several different ladies to matches and a bunch of good natured, well intentioned men have tried their best to impart their pearls of wisdom and it only helps to confuse. If I bring a lady, I can help her, I dont need X guy contradicting what I am telling her. Also, it is always ok to look, but some well intentioned men (my father) often look just a lil too long and sometimes come off creepy.

I think any woman who comes to a match would appreciate the warmth and respect with which they are treated, but I stand by my comment and aim it only at the few who may be overly warm and respectful with the best of intentions.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I am not quite certain if you are being critical of me for what I said, how I said it, or not critical of me at all.....

Mike, I quoted it because it is the right attitude. It contrasts with the last few pages which some ladies might also take as creepy. That is what I was trying to point out. We can't say one thing on page 5 and then do the opposite on page 35 and expect that will create a familiy environment (which was suggested earlier in this thread was needed to recruit new competitive shooters, especially ladies and juniors).

Sorry for the confusion.

I think any woman who comes to a match would appreciate the warmth and respect with which they are treated

I agree, and I think that applies to this forum, too.

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom