• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is the difference between the "New" and "Old" Black Panthers? On the surface they appear to have the same agenda.

Just out of curiosity, what agenda do you think that is. I'm just interested in what you think. Nothing more.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just out of curiosity, what agenda do you think that is. I'm just interested in what you think. Nothing more.
    I think the revisionist history looks at the old BPP with nostalgia since they were around at the same time with the hippies. The FBI declared them a terrorist group. As far as the new BPP, standing in front of a Philadelphia polling place threatening the crackers kind of sums it up for me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think the revisionist history looks at the old BPP with nostalgia since they were around at the same time with the hippies. The FBI declared them a terrorist group. As far as the new BPP, standing in front of a Philadelphia polling place threatening the crackers kind of sums it up for me.

Revisionist how?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    NBPs? No.

Old BPs? Yes.
    I prefer the Old BP

But if the NBP arms themselves and patrols their hoods then just by doing that crime will drop. A drop in crime will equate to less interaction with the Police and THAT is what will win the day. The criminals will just be pushed out into unarmed white hoods for easier pickings. You know, the Urban "resettlers" who buy condos on canals and bike trails. I see it as a win/win.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The old Black Panthers were more of a violent revolutionary group, than a racist group. They have more in common with the Sovereign Citizens than the NBPs.
    Meaning to say, the average white citizen was safer around them, than a black cop.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I lived in LA as a kid when the Old BP was up and running. They were pretty up front about what would and would not get you killed, at least I understood them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Revisionist how?

Old BPP is portrayed as anything but a violent group, much less domestic terrorists (FBI says terrorists). Several years ago on another forum I went round and round with a SF Bay area Marine (maybe 22 or 23) who flat out would not believe anything negative about this bunch. He thought the Weather Underground were heroes. How this guy made it to a Marine recruiters office is beyond me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Old BPP is portrayed as anything but a violent group, much less domestic terrorists (FBI says terrorists). Several years ago on another forum I went round and round with a SF Bay area Marine (maybe 22 or 23) who flat out would not believe anything negative about this bunch. He thought the Weather Underground were heroes. How this guy made it to a Marine recruiters office is beyond me.

They were violent, no doubt about that, but they weren't racists like the NBP.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    So here was have black leaders (of a sort) calling for blacks to arm themselves. Yet blacks, by a significant majority vote for Democrats. Those Democrats, also by a significant majority OPPOSE the rights protected by the US 2nd Amendment (in spite of lies to the contrary) and do just about anything they can to undermine the right to keep and bear arms.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Around 40 New Black Panther Party members took to the streets of Austin, Texas to condemn recent killings of black civilians. Armed with high caliber weapons, they said they aimed to patrol their own communities and encourage the taking up of arms.

“Our initiative is for black men and women to start arming themselves and for us to start patrolling our own communities. That way we have a visual, we have an eye on what is going on in our neighborhoods. So our mission is to arm every black man that can legally be armed throughout the Unites States of America,”

New Black Panther Party wants to ?arm every US black male? ? RT USA

I didn't see the "high-caliber" weapons in the video. Most of the weapons I saw were AR-15 style rifles which are most likely .223 caliber. I'm not sure where you get into "high" as far as caliber but .223 is certainly not.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I didn't see the "high-caliber" weapons in the video. Most of the weapons I saw were AR-15 style rifles which are most likely .223 caliber. I'm not sure where you get into "high" as far as caliber but .223 is certainly not.

You have to ignore the decimal points.

762 > 556 > 380 > 223 > 50 > 45 > 38 > 9 > 7

That's the only way I can make any sense of the reporting.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    You have to ignore the decimal points.

762 > 556 > 380 > 223 > 50 > 45 > 38 > 9 > 7

That's the only way I can make any sense of the reporting.

Ok thanks for the explanation. I was really confused. Also I think this is not what it seems:

high-caliber.JPG

I believe this firearm is a Colt/Umarex .22 LR M4 look-alike and not a "high-caliber" weapon. Based on my new understanding this this it would fit:

762 > 556 > 380 > 223 > 50 > 45 > 38 >

But I could be wrong because I'm not sure if it's OK to drop the "LR" from 22LR...

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Ok thanks for the explanation. I was really confused. Also I think this is not what it seems:

View attachment 36945

I believe this firearm is a Colt/Umarex .22 LR M4 look-alike and not a "high-caliber" weapon. Based on my new understanding this this it would fit:

But I could be wrong because I'm not sure if it's OK to drop the "LR" from 22LR...

Maybe the NBP Party is trying to keep ahead of the next BATFE banomania.

Wonder if they are the ones hoarding all the .22lr? :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to do with that, either.

Or maybe since is starts with "22" it belongs with "223 family"?

I admit that I don't always understand the reporting logic.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ?Want freedom? Kill some crackers!?

2908353334_3de7b9da57.jpg

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    These guys are nothing but a new version of the El Rukn's, formally the P Stone nation, formally the Blackstone Rangers, formally the Egyptian Cobras. I remember driving by El Rukn headquarters at 39th and Indiana, Chicago about 1977. Their guys marched around the roof of the building with rifles in hand. The whole neighborhood was under Rukn control and they strong armed all the shopkeepers for cash. They sold drugs and guns, and actually bought property and collected rents. That kind of neighborhood "policing" is what the Panthers want under the protection against discrimination afforded by "our" government. Now, as then they swear allegiance to Islam. The Panthers are more like self serving anarchists than terrorists. Their ploy is to hide under guise of crusading "black vigilantes" undermining the rule of law and it's enforcers to further their own agendas.

Last edited:

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I don't have a problem with it unless they start pointing at innocents or me... then the shtf.

Top Bottom