• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Are the NBPs the black version of the Klan/Neo-Nazis?

Yeah, kinda.

If the klan wanted to arm all legal black men. Yes same reaction.

If the Klan wanted to arm all legal white men?

NBPs? No.

Old BPs? Yes.

NBP, yes.
    OBP, no.

I don't want anyone who is legally able to be armed to be discouraged from being so. I do however have issues with certain groups issuing calls to arms because I know what their motivations are. The NBP is a racist organization that advocate violence against others based primarily on their ethnicity. If this was the Klan or ISIS issuing a call to arms, I expect the reaction here would be a bit different. But in the era of political correctness, the "intolerant" sometimes resort to questionable and at times ridiculous arguments in a futile attempt to prove to the "tolerant" that they aren't racists.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You can't blame or credit current generations for what their predecessors did. However, you can at least try to educate the idiots who try and misrepresent both the current and the past of the NRA. That is where USMC-FF has it exactly right.

Interestingly enough, I think a strong argument could be made that the reason California is so anti-Gun now, is due in part to the NRA and black panthers. I think they are a pretty far distance from that now, but never the less.....

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I know the NRA history, but I don't think the factors that drove membership then, drive membership now.
    How do you figure? I think the issues that were important then are equally and just as important now if not more important! The NRA has a steep history in protecting the second amendment right for all races & ethnic background and that should not be forgotten! I think all law abiding Americans should have the right to carry and think the NRA does its best to protect those rights for all Americans.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, kinda.

If the Klan wanted to arm all legal white men?

NBP, yes.
    OBP, no.

I don't want anyone who is legally able to be armed to be discouraged from being so. I do however have issues with certain groups issuing calls to arms because I know what their motivations are. The NBP is a racist organization that advocate violence against others based primarily on their ethnicity. If this was the Klan or ISIS issuing a call to arms, I expect the reaction here would be a bit different. But in the era of political correctness, the "intolerant" sometimes resort to questionable and at times ridiculous arguments in a futile attempt to prove to the "tolerant" that they aren't racists.

I'm with you. Racists of all stripes, calling for people to own guns, is no bueno.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If the panthers really wanted to pursue increasing gun ownership in the black community, they should support the NRA.

I bet you dollars to doughnuts that there is no organization anywhere that has put more money and effort into getting black Americans to embrace gun ownership than the NRA.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    While on the surface most of us agree with the premise that everyone who can legally possess firearms should possess them for the protection of themselves and their loved ones, I suspect the NBP folks have a different target set in mind rather than thugs and thieves in The 'Hood. However, it's their right to talk all they want; I won't care unless they start targeting innocents.
    :+1:

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    So what is the idea with the new black potheads? Have they formed a black militia to patrol the streets and protect their people from white policemen. If whites tried that we'd have another Ruby Ridge/Waco.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what is the idea with the new black potheads? Have they formed a black militia to patrol the streets and protect their people from white policemen. If whites tried that we'd have another Ruby Ridge/Waco.

You guys wear out that word "if." Lol. But yeah, I'd say your statement is unsubstantiated. Patrolling a neighborhood isn't the same as Ruby Ridge or Waco.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Now, I'm just an unfrozen cave man lawyer, confused by all the bright lights and words but, I rest my case.

Had to rep that! I know were hunting for some food when you fell through some ice.....You don't know much; but you do know that when your client slips and falls on the defendant's property, he is entitled to no less than 3 million dollars.....Right? Bless you KeyRock!

EDIT: Kut. Reallly? Timing man.......Lex MUST be in on this.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I do however have issues with certain groups issuing calls to arms because I know what their motivations are.

This is very close to thought-police stuff, though.

Behavior: owning a firearm (and ideally, being proficient with it)
    "Good" motive: protection of friends and family
    "Bad" motive: protecting friends and family from a different "race"

For me, it comes back to behavior. If "they" safely handle their firearms - including not shooting at police just for being police - then s'all good. Doesn't really matter to me if their racist or not.

And if a dude holding a rifle in the Meadows keeps away both drug dealers and suburban white kids looking for pot/cocaine/heroin, then that's fine with me, too.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I agree but i would remove the word black. If the goal is equality, wouldnt we be obligated to protect everyone equally. Crazy talk! and they say i dont know a lot about nothing!

That is also my mission.

So our mission is to arm every black man that can legally be armed throughout the Unites States of America

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If the New Black Panthers are involved, I don't think any good will come from it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I agree but i would remove the word black. If the goal is equality, wouldnt we be obligated to protect everyone equally. Crazy talk! and they say i dont know a lot about nothing!

At no point did KF imply that we shouldn't do the same for whites and others. He merely indicated that he agreed with this point from the NBPs.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Im not implying he implied , simply stating the NBP should consider a different mindset that benefits all of Americans.

Top Bottom