• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Mulford Act 1967 (California)

Good response.... Now what do you think would have happened in 1967 if 30 militant Caucasian men did the same.
    Would it be the same if 30 geriatric Asian women did the same ?
    What would happen today if this happened in California ?
    What laws would be passed in California if this happened ?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good response.... Now what do you think would have happened in 1967 if 30 militant Caucasian men did the same.
    What laws would be passed in California if this happened ?

Did what? I don't think you understand the history. You'd be wrong if you are of the belief that the Mulford Act was proposed because of the BPP's march on the state house. They showed up because of the proposed legislation to disarm them.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Nope.. I fully understand the history behind the Milford Act.. Armed black militants were showing up when black citizens were being arrested and a bill was put up with a law to stop everyone from open carrying firearms. And with showing up at the capitol 30 militant black men carrying loaded firearms walked into session.
    And with that act the law passed toot sweet.. I believe the law would have come about with any race militant group showing up armed when citizens were being arrested.
    The state cured that problem at that time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope.. I fully understand the history behind the Milford Act.. Armed black militants were showing up when black citizens were being arrested and a bill was put up with a law to stop everyone from open carrying firearms. And with showing up at the capitol 30 militant black men carrying loaded firearms walked into session.
    And with that act the law passed toot sweet.. I believe the law would have come about with any race militant group showing up armed when citizens were being arrested.
    The state cured that problem at that time.

"Cured that problem?" So you agree with the law? I mean you "cure" illnesses, and a "problem" isn't a good thing, so how am I to take your comment, other than you thought it a good idea.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I never said I agreed with the law..... But apparently the state of California legislature did.
    Now back to my unanswered questions..

Now what do you think would have happened in 1967 if 30 militant Caucasian men did the same.
    What laws would be passed in California if this happened today ?
    What would the outcome be if 30 armed black militants from each state showed up at the Nations Capitol ?
    What if they were militant whites ??
    Would it have been different if BPP had shown up back then with fresh haircuts and business suits and given the arrested citizens advice ?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I never said I agreed with the law..... But apparently the state of California legislature did.
    Now back to my unanswered questions..

Now what do you think would have happened in 1967 if 30 militant Caucasian men did the same.
    What laws would be passed in California if this happened today ?
    What would the outcome be if 30 armed black militants from each state showed up at the Nations Capitol ?
    What if they were militant whites ??
    Would it have been different if BPP had shown up back then with fresh haircuts and business suits and given the arrested citizens advice ?

In 1967, nothing. Your "what if" is devoid of them having a reason to do so. It would have never happened. What gripes would they have in 1967? What rallying cry of oppression would they have cited?
    If this happened today, the NRA would be all over it. Why wasn't the NRA or gun owners, in general, vocally opposed to this? Not that it takes an advanced degree to figure it out.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Generally the public never gets behind any disenfranchised group of any race color or religion.. This goes back to the begining of mankind and laws. I seem to thing that you believe no other militant disenfranchised group has had laws written to stop them from a behavior that is unacceptable with the public at large.
    You might want to go back in American history and read up on laws that were enacted against the militant kkk, Jews, Japanese, Irish, Polish and on and on..
    But with you it seems that black citizens have been the only group that has laws put forth against them.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Generally the public never gets behind any disenfranchised group of any race color or religion.. This goes back to the begining of mankind and laws. I seem to thing that you believe no other militant disenfranchised group has had laws written to stop them from a behavior that is unacceptable with the public at large.
    You might want to go back in American history and read up on laws that were enacted against the militant kkk, Jews, Japanese, Irish, Polish and on and on..
    But with you it seems that black citizens have been the only group that has laws put forth against them.

Does it seem that way? Look at the topic headline, I'm simply addressing what's relevant to it. I'm certainly well more aware of laws that have been enacted against certain groups than most. Most groups, were doing NOTHING criminal well the laws against them were proposed, so adding the KKK as part of that group is probably disservice to the others. The fact remains, that for the VAST majority of our nation's history, and up until around the last quarter of the 20th Century, it was nothing to legislate laws against people's who were not fair skinned, or of a foreign heritage.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Your right I should have just lumped the militant blacks and militant whites together.
    But I would never agree that the legislative branch of our government put laws in place like the 68 GCA that affected all citizens the same and not just to keep the black man down.
    And I also believe that if 30 armed militant white power jackboots had been showing up when whites were being arrested and then showed up at the Capitol that day instead of black men the same law would have been put in place.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your right I should have just lumped the militant blacks and militant whites together.
    But I would never agree that the legislative branch of our government put laws in place like the 68 GCA that affected all citizens the same and not just to keep the black man down.
    And I also believe that if 30 armed militant white power jackboots had been showing up when whites were being arrested and then showed up at the Capitol that day instead of black men the same law would have been put in place.

Maybe in a bizarro world where in 1967, a group of armed white men would need to march on a state capital over some belief of systematic discrimination, you'd be right.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bizarro world now that's funny, how about the middle and upper class whites could have easily turned militant with Kennedy and Johnson bringing in Affirmative Action a few years before 1967. But they didn't.
    And systematic discrimination would be affirmative action, hell its still going on today, and as of tonight no white people have armed themselves and walked on up to any State Capitol Building chanting,
    It going to be a ' white Christmas ' this year.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Around 40 New Black Panther Party members took to the streets of Austin, Texas to condemn recent killings of black civilians. Armed with high caliber weapons, they said they aimed to patrol their own communities and encourage the taking up of arms.

“Our initiative is for black men and women to start arming themselves and for us to start patrolling our own communities. That way we have a visual, we have an eye on what is going on in our neighborhoods. So our mission is to arm every black man that can legally be armed throughout the Unites States of America,”

New Black Panther Party wants to ?arm every US black male? ? RT USA

Free people should be armed. I dont like what they say, but they have a right to. ANyone notice the lack of real "high powered" guns? I saw lots of high points and sks ( not that the sks is not high powered)

The thugs are already armed. If their victims are now also armed, the thugs might have to find a new line of work. As for duking it out with the police, the people who are inclined to do that are probably already carrying and causing trouble.

This seems to be what we address here as desirable, that the people take responsibility for their safety and their neighborhoods.

And it puts the NBP at odds with the 'progressives' and their ilk. Several of the quotes, however, only mention arming men and not women. So where are the feminists on this one?

Seems like win-win to me...

If some groups would take ownership of what is happening in their neighborhoods instead of blaming everyone else we would have a better country. The nbp will be the first to blame the white man for all the problems of the black man. I am not saying racism did not or does not exist, but it gets old.
    So, would the NBPs have tried to stop Michael Brown?
    Everyone should be taking responsibility for making their homes and neighborhoods safe.

They probably would have tried to recruit him.

While on the surface most of us agree with the premise that everyone who can legally possess firearms should possess them for the protection of themselves and their loved ones, I suspect the NBP folks have a different target set in mind rather than thugs and thieves in The 'Hood. However, it's their right to talk all they want; I won't care unless they start targeting innocents.

They started targeting innocents I think it might be time for a game of cowboys and thugs. I don't think the thugs will like it.

I would LOVE to see how black people being armed, and carrying, at the same rates as white people do, would be received by the public. I refuse to OC simply because I want to avoid the headache.

Could care less. Some guys in my local oC group are black. No one bothers them. They dont present themselves like thugs though with pants down to their rear and so far.

Are the NBPs the black version of the Klan/Neo-Nazis?

Not the original black panther party. The nbp is the same. The main difference is they are not as organized and make an a## of themselves during interviews more. Seems the klan at least tries to come off sounding intelligent. They rarely do, but I have yet to see an nbp version of david duke. The closest things are already mainstream like shaprton. jackson, and Obama.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Around 40 New Black Panther Party members took to the streets of Austin, Texas to condemn recent killings of black civilians. Armed with high caliber weapons, they said they aimed to patrol their own communities and encourage the taking up of arms.

“Our initiative is for black men and women to start arming themselves and for us to start patrolling our own communities. That way we have a visual, we have an eye on what is going on in our neighborhoods. So our mission is to arm every black man that can legally be armed throughout the Unites States of America,”

New Black Panther Party wants to ?arm every US black male? ? RT USA

Every black man armed????? Gona be kinda tough considering something like 25%-30% of all inner city black males have a felony conviction precluding them from owning any type of modern firearm. Maybe he was talking muzzleloaders?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would LOVE to see how black people being armed, and carrying, at the same rates as white people do, would be received by the public. I refuse to OC simply because I want to avoid the headache.

The fear and phobia shown towards "a Cracker with a gun" is a real problem in today's society...I think Hollywood perpetuates the myth that white, rural people carrying a gun is something to fear....This goes back even further than the film "Deliverance"....

[video=youtube;1Jwg-f3dqN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jwg-f3dqN4[/video]

On MSNBC in order to create fear they changed the race of a black man to a white man...Let's hope that one day rural whites carrying a firearm will not cause folks to freak out...I long for that color blind society....

I refuse to OC for the same reason.....It's not worth the "looks"....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Every black man armed????? Gona be kinda tough considering something like 25%-30% of all inner city black males have a felony conviction precluding them from owning any type of modern firearm. Maybe he was talking muzzleloaders?

Reading in totality... not your strong suit, 'eh?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Reading in totality... not your strong suit, 'eh?

So he missed the part about being legal big deal. The facts are still the same..

I do believe to be a black male that was born today, he has a one in three chance of going to prison in his lifetime. .... Not jail, Prison

Why are you constantly mordant here all the time ?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So he missed the part about being legal big deal. The facts are still the same..

I do believe to be a black male that was born today, he has a one in three chance of going to prison in his lifetime. .... Not jail, Prison

Why are you constantly mordant here all the time ?

Well, that particular post has nothing to do with the the thread. So exactly why does it appear? The NBPs were clear on who they were referring. If someone can't figure out what's clearly stated, I'm more than happy to point it out. Because if I don't, there will be those who try to devolve the thread into something completely different.

...kinda like you just did.

Top Bottom