• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    They even mentioned it in the link you posted up thread. I better be careful or I will get on the trolling emoji list. :ugh:
    Quick, say I love Nascar 3 times and kiss a picture of Bill France!

Someone posted a link recently, Chicago was charging some insane fee for Nascar running there again… surprised they returned, isnt like 20 years ago where they have sold out stands… they remove 50,000 seats and then call it sold out. I would tell Chicago to pound sand and take my happy ass to a city that wants the revenue increase without nickle and diming to death.

But, we all know in Nascars desperate attempt to gain 200 fans they are trying more road courses now… which I dont mind road courses just hate Chicago and everything about it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Quick, say I love Nascar 3 times and kiss a picture of Bill France!

Someone posted a link recently, Chicago was charging some insane fee for Nascar running there again… surprised they returned, isnt like 20 years ago where they have sold out stands… they remove 50,000 seats and then call it sold out. I would tell Chicago to pound sand and take my happy ass to a city that wants the revenue increase without nickle and diming to death.

But, we all know in Nascars desperate attempt to gain 200 fans they are trying more road courses now… which I dont mind road courses just hate Chicago and everything about it.

The ****cago race would be more interesting there was a carjacking chicane that popped up randomly in the race. IT would be very fitting for ****cago as well.... give it a "home town race" flavor.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I must have missed it....but why did Bubba Wallace swerve and collide with Bowman after the race was over on the cool down lap? I'm assuming he was pissed about something, but I tuned in late and was only half watching the last 20 minutes or so.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I must have missed it....but why did Bubba Wallace swerve and collide with Bowman after the race was over on the cool down lap? I'm assuming he was pissed about something, but I tuned in late and was only half watching the last 20 minutes or so.

I noticed that too, Bubba blamed Bowman for spinning him earlier in the race. Bubba really slammed him good. I would be surprised if NASCAR did anything.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I noticed that too, Bubba blamed Bowman for spinning him earlier in the race. Bubba really slammed him good. I would be surprised if NASCAR did anything.
    If it was anyone else, probably… but since its their new poster boy they wont even slap his wrist.

To be honest, he should thank Bowman. At least now he can say he finished poor because he was spun… usually he just has to say he finished poor because he sucks.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I honestly have lost a lot of desire to plan a day around races. Years ago, when we made plans I would try to make sure I could watch or listen somehow. Now I dont even turn it on unless we are home and there is nothing else to do. Sadly, most are in the same boat. Last year was the worst ratings ever. This year the ratings are “up” some weeks, and “down” some weeks, so if it is a slight increase from last year that isnt good since last season was lowest ever.

They need to look at when ratings began dropping, and what changes were made that could have caused it. I think its numerous things. To lose 80% of your fans, that isnt caused by 1 thing in particular. I think the chase lost some, the stage racing lost some, the new cars lost some, Bubba Wallace and his BS lost some, Nascar trying to be woke lost some, and all of the veteran drivers retiring lost some. The only drivers in the league from the mid 2000s ade Truex, Hamlin, and Kyle Busch. Truex is retiring, and Busch has hinted around that he is fed up with Nascar… It wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt announce retirement next season. Hamlin will stick around trying to get a championship, but I dont see him staying much longer either. All of nascars biggest names have retired, and fans follow their driver… a lot different than football where fans cheer for the team, once Tony Stewart retires fans dont cheer for the 14 team, they dont care about that car or team, they care about their guy.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He can only troll with emojis these days.
    Its ironic isnt it? No arguing, no name calling, no locks… just good discussion about the goods and bads, information about whats happening in the sport, and discussions about the races the previous week… although we still get trolled with emojis, I can handle that to have good discussions about racing without walking on eggshells. The fact its still trying to disrupt conversations by using emojis makes it pretty clear where the problem was…not counting the amount of people that have pm’ed me about it… just thankful we can discuss something we love to discuss without arguing. Its been nice.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Dirty Mo Media (Dale Jrs media company) did a live stream last night and was very upset about the race being cut short.

Heres what gets me. Last years race was ended short. This year had the exact same problem. They discussed moving the race up a couple of hours, but didnt because it is a “race/music festival”. So this tells me that the race isnt the main event. The music festival has the priority over the race… otherwise, you would move the race up and finish the full length. That, or, Nascar blatantly doesnt give a crap about the fans, they got their money for the ticket sales and broadcast and giving you a full product isnt a priority. Years ago Nascar would actually address the fans about these types of issues. Now days, it isnt even a thought

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Dirty Mo Media (Dale Jrs media company) did a live stream last night and was very upset about the race being cut short.

Heres what gets me. Last years race was ended short. This year had the exact same problem. They discussed moving the race up a couple of hours, but didnt because it is a “race/music festival”. So this tells me that the race isnt the main event. The music festival has the priority over the race… otherwise, you would move the race up and finish the full length. That, or, Nascar blatantly doesnt give a crap about the fans, they got their money for the ticket sales and broadcast and giving you a full product isnt a priority. Years ago Nascar would actually address the fans about these types of issues. Now days, it isnt even a thought
    The concert was a flop too. Keith Urban normally sells out 80,000 seat arenas.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I honestly have lost a lot of desire to plan a day around races. Years ago, when we made plans I would try to make sure I could watch or listen somehow. Now I dont even turn it on unless we are home and there is nothing else to do. Sadly, most are in the same boat. Last year was the worst ratings ever. This year the ratings are “up” some weeks, and “down” some weeks, so if it is a slight increase from last year that isnt good since last season was lowest ever.

They need to look at when ratings began dropping, and what changes were made that could have caused it. I think its numerous things. To lose 80% of your fans, that isnt caused by 1 thing in particular. I think the chase lost some, the stage racing lost some, the new cars lost some, Bubba Wallace and his BS lost some, Nascar trying to be woke lost some, and all of the veteran drivers retiring lost some. The only drivers in the league from the mid 2000s ade Truex, Hamlin, and Kyle Busch. Truex is retiring, and Busch has hinted around that he is fed up with Nascar… It wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt announce retirement next season. Hamlin will stick around trying to get a championship, but I dont see him staying much longer either. All of nascars biggest names have retired, and fans follow their driver… a lot different than football where fans cheer for the team, once Tony Stewart retires fans dont cheer for the 14 team, they dont care about that car or team, they care about their guy.
    I would also add Jimmie Johnson to the “list”.
    I believe folks got bored/tired of seeing him win. He was pretty dominant from 06 thru 2010.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I would also add Jimmie Johnson to the “list”.
    I believe folks got bored/tired of seeing him win. He was pretty dominant from 06 thru 2010.
    I agree. When you account for all of those bullet points having the potential to lose fans, over the years thats a huge portion of viewers and track goers that no longer follow the sport.

Nascar needs to get back to the good ole boy series it used to be, and have drivers that connect with fans.

Top Bottom