• JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    WTF are they trying to do here?

The fastest car in the final round of qualifying continues to win the pole. But the car starting alongside in the first row might not be the second fastest car in the final round.

In the final round of qualifying, the fastest cars from Group A and B will start first and second. So if the fastest car in the final round is from Group A, the fastest of the Group B cars will start the race second even if there are cars from Group A that are faster in the final round of qualifying.
    After the front row is set, the remaining Group A cars in the final round will be assigned starting spots on the outside of a row (4th, 6th, 8th, 10th) based on their qualifying speed.

Cars from Group B will be assigned a starting spot on the inside row (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th) based on their qualifying speed in the final round.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

The fastest car in the final round of qualifying continues to win the pole. But the car starting alongside in the first row might not be the second fastest car in the final round.

In the final round of qualifying, the fastest cars from Group A and B will start first and second. So if the fastest car in the final round is from Group A, the fastest of the Group B cars will start the race second even if there are cars from Group A that are faster in the final round of qualifying.
    After the front row is set, the remaining Group A cars in the final round will be assigned starting spots on the outside of a row (4th, 6th, 8th, 10th) based on their qualifying speed.

Cars from Group B will be assigned a starting spot on the inside row (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th) based on their qualifying speed in the final round.

Ya thats their new way of trying to **** things up.

Easier to control the front row when you can put your favorites in different qualifying groups.

Never seen a sport that has to change its rules weekly. Its asinine

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county

Just a another terrible “idea” in a long list of bad decisions.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Most watched cup race since pocono last summer. Wow! 2.7 million isnt very high for an inaugural race, but I was surprised to see thats the highest viewership on cable in a year!!

I like tracks like Iowa and wish they would race tracks like that more often. I personally wish the schedule was never the same year after year. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the United States… each year they should run tracks they havent ran before or dont go to often. Obviously return to some tracks each year, bristol, daytona, darlington, etc… but some tracks need to be replaced with new tracks. This would help increase viewership, and extend the fan base by allowing people that dont have a nascar event in their area now have a race to attend.

Forget going to LA and trying to appeal to a base that really has no interest in the sport. Like Brad Keselowski said, you shouldnt run off your current core fans to try bringing in new fans. Instead, try gaining fans in areas that are more likely to be into motorsports… the midwest, the south, even some northern states like montana, minnesota, etc. Hell, Indy is always in the top 5 for most viewers in Nascar, bring them to the brickyard once a year, then IRP once a year.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I was up at the local NAPA store this morning picking up a few things and BSing with the regulars that always seem to drop in.
    Do you know how many were talking about the Iowa Nascar race?

None of em'

They were all talking about a 75 year old man that crashed a funny car.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I was up at the local NAPA store this morning picking up a few things and BSing with the regulars that always seem to drop in.
    Do you know how many were talking about the Iowa Nascar race?

None of em'

They were all talking about a 75 year old man that crashed a funny car.
    I would kind of expect that, one of the worst drag racing wrecks ever that happened to the most famous drag racer a few days ago compared to a normal race that happened almost 2 weeks ago.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Hell, Indy is always in the top 5 for most viewers in Nascar, bring them to the brickyard once a year, then IRP once a year.
    I would like to see a few "wild card" dates, where tracks that wouldn't normally get a race have a shot every few years. IRP, LA should be on that list...there are so many road and street tracks I would love to see a race. Long Beach, Road Atlanta, imagine a last lap pass in the corkscrew at Lagua Seca? How about 5 Flags in Pensacola? Toledo Speedway? Rockingham anyone?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    i
    I would like to see a few "wild card" dates, where tracks that wouldn't normally get a race have a shot every few years. IRP, LA should be on that list...there are so many road and street tracks I would love to see a race. Long Beach, Road Atlanta, imagine a last lap pass in the corkscrew at Lagua Seca? How about 5 Flags in Pensacola? Toledo Speedway? Rockingham anyone?
    I definitely agree. Indy was just at Laguna Seca, it is my all time favorite track. Seeing Cup cars go through the corkscrew would be awesome.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I would kind of expect that, one of the worst drag racing wrecks ever that happened to the most famous drag racer a few days ago compared to a normal race that happened almost 2 weeks ago.
    You are right I mistakenly posted the Iowa race. There was not a word about the NH race either.

Top Bottom