• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Did you ever do that shot shell bag for sporting clays?
    I made one didn't get pictures though since I work with the guy I was just bringing it in for his updates. Made it to fit a 25rd box of 12ga. I'm thinking about making one for me not that I shoot any shotgun sports but I may someday...along with the rest of the list of hundreds of other hobbies to try. If I make another ill be sure to post pictures here.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I made one didn't get pictures though since I work with the guy I was just bringing it in for his updates. Made it to fit a 25rd box of 12ga. I'm thinking about making one for me not that I shoot any shotgun sports but I may someday...along with the rest of the list of hundreds of other hobbies to try. If I make another ill be sure to post pictures here.
    I'd like to have one to give to my father. His birthday is in June.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Been awhile since I've posted much, been voluntold to work overtime (volunteer for x or we'll mandate xx) and it's been taking its toll. Been working on a sheath for an ingo member and a sheath for my bosses gerber. Finished up a few saa holsters awhile back that went to new homes.

I've caved and decided to start making belts. I've resisted making them up to now but so many folks want them it makes no sense to say no. I think I'm going to stick to plain, geometrics and name/initials atleast until I get the time to sit down and carve.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I loved carving and tooling leather.
    It started in High School and I got quite good at it and enjoyed it immensely.
    But then other things got in the way and the Tandy Leather stores closed and that was the end of it.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    I loved carving and tooling leather.
    It started in High School and I got quite good at it and enjoyed it immensely.
    But then other things got in the way and the Tandy Leather stores closed and that was the end of it.
    Has Tandy closed the store at 3019 N High School Rd Indy, 317-347-9948?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Has Tandy closed the store at 3019 N High School Rd Indy, 317-347-9948?
    I don't know I haven't been out that way for a while I usually go down on South 31 towards Greenwood.
    There's a leather store downtown near the railroad station I don't think they handle the selection that Tandy did. All my tools and stuff are gone anyhow.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    How about some with the Christmas Star?
    Or would that be tough to make?
    Also maybe stamp 2024 on the back to commemorate this Christmas?

View attachment 378912
    I'm thinking about doing an 8 point star of bethlehem like this.images.png

I did some of the cross ones with names stamped in them last night and have a batch coming up with names and year stamped on them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm thinking about doing an 8 point star of bethlehem like this.View attachment 379003

I did some of the cross ones with names stamped in them last night and have a batch coming up with names and year stamped on them.
    That would work.
    I've got several grandchildren that will have their first Christmas this year. I'd like to buy a few with name and date on them for them.
    Let me know when you are ready to take orders for them.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Tried some twine instead of lace and like it. Remembered I had some red dye that looks pretty cool. This is a just a test piece I didn't like the stitches they look kinda funky.
    Photoroom-20240915_222830.png

Top Bottom