• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't really know that streaming is a bad thing, especially on Prime, considering there are 167 million prime subscribers in the US. It is a way bigger market than Dish (6.7 million subscribers) or Direct TV (11.3 million subscribers). Even regular antenna users (which includes myself) are estimated at only 23 million households in the US. It seems that streaming is the biggest market right now, so I don't blame Nascar for using it. I Like being able to catch the race anywhere I am on my phone.
    I dont know where those estimates come from, but dish, direct tv, comcast, etc all have access to the same channels. Sure, some have a couple of channels that are included with their company to incentivize people to use their service vs the others, but the point remains, the pool of people that have access to a channel like fox or nbc is much higher than those who have prime. Those channels are available on every service, and to those without a cable/satellite service.

I dont know what the internet circles say, all I know is what people I am around say. And at work, not a single person has prime, and a few are nascar fans. My dad, brother, and uncles do not have prime. Nobody I personally know and have talked about this with has it.

I do agree with you tho, it would be nice to be able to watch it from your phone wherever you are at. A lot of cable companies allow you to do that now as well. I know when i had xfinity i could sign in and watch it. When we would go camping i would mirror my phone to the tv inside our rv and watch tv at night while we were laying down. Very convenient.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Also, a lot of the streaming crowd isnt interested in motorsports like we are. Unfortunately, even at small local tracks, motorsports are dwindling. There are still younger people getting into it and enjoying it, but much smaller percentages than it used to be.

I would think from a business standpoint, the obvious solution to attract the most fans possible, would be putting it on a regular television channel that anybody with a tv has access to like abc nbc or fox. If you have cable or satellite or antenna you can watch it. This reaches far more people than those who have access to prime. However, the benefit of prime is that it has the ability to be seen in australia the same as USA. If its on nbc here, people living in Australia will have to watch it on a paid channel more than likely. But lets be honest, Nascar isnt very popular over seas, F1 has the worldwide market wrapped up… Nascar needs to focus on its american fanbase

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I definitely agree with Jr. on the BS caution. The incident they called the caution for was no different than the 5 before it where they kept on racing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

“I think our sport goes through these kind of ebbs and flows where — I have to be careful what I say here that I don’t get in too much trouble — but we go through these ebbs and flows, though, where we’re like ‘Hey, let’s go to Big Market X’ whatever that might be, LA, Chicago, New York,” Brad Keselowski said. “Pick your kind of big market of the day, or maybe it’s international. And we get kind of excited about the idea of competing in these markets that they might have 10 million people living in the city or whatever it might be.

“And sometimes we lose sight of the fact that why don’t we just serve the fans we already have?”

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I am curious how long Jordan will put up with him being an under performing driver. But, as long as he is bringing in sponsorship money he may be there a while. :dunno:
    Truth. When you have drivers like Kyle Busch losing a ride because of sponsorship money, and a driver like Bubba staying in a ride because of sponsorship money, you realize pretty quick the sport isnt about winning races anymore, sadly.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    When you are able to come to terms with this being a show and no longer racing at its core, then this all makes sense and is no longer a real issue.
    I definitely agree with Jr. on the BS caution. The incident they called the caution for was no different than the 5 before it where they kept on racing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

It's definitely a show, and has been for years. They have even admitted this.

JR has spoke many times about how if you do something legal, but Nascar doesn't like it, you will get a pit road penalty, or something similar the next race. Nascar will allow certain cars to bend the rulebook on certain races to attempt giving them an advantage because of a story going on or significance of that driver winning.

Is it a coincidence Danica Patrick won pole as her first year at Daytona? Is it a coincidence Jeff Gordon won pole when he announced retirement? At the start of the season, for about a 3 or 4 year stretch, every Daytona pole winner was someone who was the biggest storyline coming into that race.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Brad Keselowski is talking about teams going on strike for the middle of the season. It isn't the roses and sunshine some want to think it is. When teams are mentioning starting a new series, mentioning strikes for half a season, owners are shutting down, and viewership is hovering at all time lows.

With the team owners dealing with this, drivers are now beginning to get involved, and it is beginning to make them be more outspoken about the issues within the sanctioning body. A lot of opinions are being influenced right now but what is happening, and nascars flat out refusal to negotiate. What it really shows is, Nascar is made up of team owners who are spending millions on people, cars, equipment, and transportation yearly. Nascar gets a bigger contract, and they dont give a damn about the teams, they want to keep it all for themselves. Without those teams, there are no events. I think its time for the teams to stand up and remind nascar of where their money really comes from.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

It's definitely a show, and has been for years. They have even admitted this.

JR has spoke many times about how if you do something legal, but Nascar doesn't like it, you will get a pit road penalty, or something similar the next race. Nascar will allow certain cars to bend the rulebook on certain races to attempt giving them an advantage because of a story going on or significance of that driver winning.

Is it a coincidence Danica Patrick won pole as her first year at Daytona? Is it a coincidence Jeff Gordon won pole when he announced retirement? At the start of the season, for about a 3 or 4 year stretch, every Daytona pole winner was someone who was the biggest storyline coming into that race.

I have a good friend I have known for 25 years. When we first met he was a fireman and EMT for IMS. He was also a NASCAR official working most races this side of Joliet. I loved talking to him about NASCAR at first and then the more he talked the more I learned it was similar to the WWF but with cars. Was everything scripted? No, but NASCAR sure liked to get their hands in there. Finally we just quit talking racing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have a good friend I have known for 25 years. When we first met he was a fireman and EMT for IMS. He was also a NASCAR official working most races this side of Joliet. I loved talking to him about NASCAR at first and then the more he talked the more I learned it was similar to the WWF but with cars. Was everything scripted? No, but NASCAR sure liked to get their hands in there. Finally we just quit talking racing.
    Exactly! Thats the reason for the phantom debris cautions. I saw a graph somewhere that showed debris cautions by year and it continued to grow until stage racing hit. Even with stages, debris cautions still happen more than they used to

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Exactly! Thats the reason for the phantom debris cautions. I saw a graph somewhere that showed debris cautions by year and it continued to grow until stage racing hit. Even with stages, debris cautions still happen more than they used to

He would tell me stories weekly how NASCAR would come over the radio and say "Turn 4, you see anything" , "Turn 3, you see anything", ect. Basically saying, find something.

Top Bottom