• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Darlington was down in ratings (big race, lost to golf) and the coke 600 was down from last year (ran on monday) and 2022 (ran on sunday).

Looking at the season, most races were a decrease.

Now theyre closing down racehub and Dale Jr isnt broadcasting for NBC… thats gonna hurt ratings even more.

Im curious to see how streaming ratings are. I think its gonna be a huge decrease. Most Nascar fans dont stream on Amazon. My dad doesnt even know what the hell amazon streaming is. He isnt gonna be able to watch that, and a lot of Nascar fans are older guys that arent gonna get Amazon just to stream Nascar races.
    Yes, the streaming era is taking its toll on racing and my favorite , baseball. Guess I miss being able to watch cubs and braves with no strings attached. And races as well.

I do think this is the time for race fans to go to races live. Easy to get tickets, maybe lower prices, and lower crowds. I know some of you, and I as well, are frustrated with where its been going, but I also got frustrated with packed houses and high prices. This may be the time to get in some fun and go see a race you haven’t seen live before. Or get back to your favorite track and party on. Kind of like stocks, buy low and sell high!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    From the story…

The teams don't want to start their own racing league, and believe NASCAR would move on without the likes of Hendrick Motorsports or Joe Gibbs Racing or Team Penske if they decided to boycott races. Such a scenario would leave it to fans to decide if the replacements — likely drivers and teams from lower-level series — provide a watchable product.

“It will be interesting to see how it all comes together, but I can speak for my group just saying we’d like to get a deal done sooner than later because certainly it’s hard to plan for the future when we don’t have a charter agreement and right now, we don’t,” Hamlin said on his podcast.”

WOW! The fact that is even being discussed is absolutely crazy.

Interested to see the impact this has on sponsors that were considering sponsoring a car next season, or potential investors and new team owners.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yes, the streaming era is taking its toll on racing and my favorite , baseball. Guess I miss being able to watch cubs and braves with no strings attached. And races as well.

I do think this is the time for race fans to go to races live. Easy to get tickets, maybe lower prices, and lower crowds. I know some of you, and I as well, are frustrated with where its been going, but I also got frustrated with packed houses and high prices. This may be the time to get in some fun and go see a race you haven’t seen live before. Or get back to your favorite track and party on. Kind of like stocks, buy low and sell high!
    Agree.

I loved baseball. The strike hurt them, and the MLB network and streaming really put a black eye on the sport. But, each MLB team plays 162 games. In 2023 espn averaged 1,517,000 views per game. Compared to nascar getting 2 million, one time a week, for 36 races… thats a huge difference.

Baseball tickets are pretty cheap. We still go over and watch the reds sometimes.

Tickets for the upcoming Richmond race are anywhere from $35 to around $80 each. Some sections of grandstands arent even open anymore, there are 2 entire sections that they dont even allow seating in anymore so that the fans are bunched together and makes it look more full on tv.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Things are heating up. Team owners are fed up with NASCAR.
    1. Frustrated with diminishing counter proposals that don’t provide acceptable increases in revenue sharing from media rights deals and denial of permanent charter systems, the RTA announces the intent to start a new, separate national top-tier stock car racing series in 18 months (starting in February 2026). In a historical sense, this is stock car’s version of the “shot heard around the world.”
    2. NASCAR counters this announcement by restricting any new series access to all tracks owned by the sanctioning body, taking 13 current tracks on the schedule out of the running for the RTA.
    3. All Charter teams remove their operations from NASCAR sanctioned races starting in 2026. So no Cup team will have any further involvement in NASCAR’s development series.
    4. Charters continue on in some form in a new series.
    Race Team Alliance steaming full-speed

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    If they do end up splitting, it will be bad for both sides.
    I agree. Compromises will have to be made. If the RTA can secure a big media deal then Nascar will be forced to give a little. Either way Nascar is going to take a hit in the public opinion. Something they certainly don't need.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Things are heating up. Team owners are fed up with NASCAR.
    1. Frustrated with diminishing counter proposals that don’t provide acceptable increases in revenue sharing from media rights deals and denial of permanent charter systems, the RTA announces the intent to start a new, separate national top-tier stock car racing series in 18 months (starting in February 2026). In a historical sense, this is stock car’s version of the “shot heard around the world.”
    2. NASCAR counters this announcement by restricting any new series access to all tracks owned by the sanctioning body, taking 13 current tracks on the schedule out of the running for the RTA.
    3. All Charter teams remove their operations from NASCAR sanctioned races starting in 2026. So no Cup team will have any further involvement in NASCAR’s development series.
    4. Charters continue on in some form in a new series.
    Race Team Alliance steaming full-speed

Boom!! Thats been needing to happen. Like the irl/cart split back in the day. Team owners are taking all the risks and losing their asses while nascar gets rich and constantly changes car models, rules, playoff strycture, etc.

Start a new series by the teams for the teams.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If they do end up splitting, it will be bad for both sides.
    Yes and no.

Competition is usually a good thing. Giving nascar a competitive alternative may be whats needed to dial them back some. A lot of great sporting leagues have come from splits, or separate leagues combining into one.

If nascar wont listen to its fans, drivers, sponsors, or team owners… maybe a split will force them to begin paying attention and realize a bunch of guys in suits and ties may not be making the best decisions for the longevity of the sport.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I saw nascar is racing in Iowa this weekend.

In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, this is a smart decision on the part of nascar.

Iowa offers the opportunity for nascar to attract fans with another activity as exciting as nascar itself...... Watching corn grow.

I wonder if they will do the "split screen" coverage.....corn growing on one side, rebunching a field of spec cars on the other.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Indycar going to Fox network next year. Will be interesting to see how their ratings change when a full season is ran on regular tv.

Nascar might be killing themselves here. Going to a streaming service like amazon that majority of fans dont have, and teams discussing leaving… allowing another series to form and take the fanbase there, and while all of this happens indycar moves to regular tv… could be bad news for us.

Fans are going to follow their drivers. If chase elliot goes to a new stock car series, elliot fans are going to watch him race in that series.

Look what happened with the world of outlaw late models. Most of the big drivers left for lucas oil late models. I see the same thing happening here if nascar isnt careful.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Nascar wants all the pie.

NASCAR debuts new production facility​

Trying everything they can to attract new fans. Podcast and streaming rooms?

Broadcasting rooms to broadcast from a room instead of at the track? Dale Jr touched on this. Truck series already does that. Jr said he hates it. You need to be at the track and feel the atmosphere. Watching a monitor you cant discuss anything except what nascar cameras are focused on.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    $57 million, when teams are hurting for money, leaving the sport, and talking about starting a new series?

Seems like theyd be saving money n giving it to teams to keep them from shutting down ir leaving.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    98 commercials in a 350 lap race. If there had been any passing you probably would have missed it!

Race and Commercial Breakdown of the 2024 Iowa Corn 350 Powered by Ethanol

Start time to record race/commercial periods: 6:50 PM
    End time to record race/commercial periods: 10:09 PM
    Total minutes of complete race broadcast: 187
    Minutes of race broadcast: 171
    Minutes of traditional commercials: 28
    Minutes of side-by-side commercials: 12

Total number of commercials: 98
    Total number of companies or entities advertised: 52
    Total number of traditional commercials (not split-screen): 71
    Total number of companies or entities advertised: 44
    Total number of ‘Side-by-Side’ commercials during the broadcast (split-screen): 27
    Total number of companies or entities advertised: 21
    Number of times USA utilized ‘Side-by-Side’ commercials during the broadcast: 5

Companies seen the most in commercials during this broadcast: Olympics (6 times); Ashley Furniture (6 times); Golden Corral (4 times); Applebee’s (4 times)

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    There were a lot of commercials and that is why a record it. I found the race itself entertaining. Plenty of side by side and three wide racing. Add the track repave/tire issues and unfamiliarity with what the track would do as the race progressed made it exciting for a change,IMO.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Stop following regularly when they went full stupid. But the whole BS one has to go thru to even try to watch a race is another step > stupid. Search the web for what network (changes weekly? wth?), what service has that network, do I have that, USA Network - NOPE, goodbye. If my local gun store moved every week & I had to search a map every time I wanted to drop in, I'd eventually find somewhere else to go too.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Stop following regularly when they went full stupid. But the whole BS one has to go thru to even try to watch a race is another step > stupid. Search the web for what network (changes weekly? wth?), what service has that network, do I have that, USA Network - NOPE, goodbye. If my local gun store moved every week & I had to search a map every time I wanted to drop in, I'd eventually find somewhere else to go too.
    When a organization stops caring about it's fans and goes for maximum $$$$ this is what you get.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Truth!!

Now add in streaming, and its going to be even more difficult for the average fan to watch the race. Most people dont have Amazon streaming, and arent going to purchase it for the sole purpose of watching 6 races a year or whatever amount they are streaming.

Nascar knows they are struggling with fans. That is why they are trying to reach new fans. That is not a bad thing, as all businesses need to constantly attract new potential customers. Where it becomes an issue is when you snub your nose at your existing fans in your attempt to gain new ones. This is why they have been doing so much more on the West coast. This is why they are going to a streaming service. This is why they are having rappers appear at the track and giving so much publicity to Bubba. They are working hard to appeal to newer fans.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I don't really know that streaming is a bad thing, especially on Prime, considering there are 167 million prime subscribers in the US. It is a way bigger market than Dish (6.7 million subscribers) or Direct TV (11.3 million subscribers). Even regular antenna users (which includes myself) are estimated at only 23 million households in the US. It seems that streaming is the biggest market right now, so I don't blame Nascar for using it. I Like being able to catch the race anywhere I am on my phone.

Top Bottom