• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I minored in Creative Writing and I would bet a paycheck this is just a made-up, sophmoric retort that simply takes my rant and turns it around 180 degrees by an "author" with extremely limited verbal skills.

apparently you haven't been here very long...these stories happen often in sake of good humor, no point in getting all bent out of shape over it. If you can't learn to go with the flow, your stay here at INGO will be a short one.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I had a couple creative writing classes in school. They were worthless. The teachers were just pretentious turds, and most of the kids were too. The worst part was when we read our stories or poems in class, and you'd have to listen to these college kids who have no real life experience reading these cliched writings and then listen to everyone try to sound really smart critiquing other people's writings while the teacher just nodded and stroked his chin.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Also, even though this was college, the teacher had to pull me aside after class because he gave us this crap first assignment to write about the reason we decided we had a love for writing. I was in the class because it was required for my major, and I also hate stupid assignments, so I just wrote about how I developed a love of writing as a child when I would shadow my father,who was a serial killer/mad scientist, as he abducted his victims, sexually tortured them, and eventually killed them. I wrote about how we would keep me along to write everything he did down to document his "experiments." No one in the class even read it and it was just for the teacher to "get a sense of our writing style," and I didn't even put any detail into it about what he exactly did to the victims, but he had me come to his office and said it was really dark and that I should tone it down for all the kids in my class, who might not be used to that kind of thing. I didn't.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Also, even though this was college, the teacher had to pull me aside after class because he gave us this crap first assignment to write about the reason we decided we had a love for writing. I was in the class because it was required for my major, and I also hate stupid assignments, so I just wrote about how I developed a love of writing as a child when I would shadow my father,who was a serial killer/mad scientist, as he abducted his victims, sexually tortured them, and eventually killed them. I wrote about how we would keep me along to write everything he did down to document his "experiments." No one in the class even read it and it was just for the teacher to "get a sense of our writing style," and I didn't even put any detail into it about what he exactly did to the victims, but he had me come to his office and said it was really dark and that I should tone it down for all the kids in my class, who might not be used to that kind of thing. I didn't.

I would love to read that! :D

NightOwl

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    Figure that out all by yourself did ya ? Why you are a special aren't ya ! :thumbsup:

Well I guess that creative writing course came in handy after all , I mean it's not like it was a total waste . :dunno:

And how dare you refer to my retort as being " sophmoric " and accuse me of havin limited verbal skillz you slanderizin bastid !!! :draw:

I'll have you know I chooze to speak in prose so as to be received by the widest audiance possible . :blahblah:

By not speaking over their heads I won't be thought of as a narcissitic bloviatin failed author , turned lonely miserable fuud critic wavin my " creative writing minor " in everyone's who'll pay me one minute's attention face . :ranton: :soapbox:

Oh and BTW , my azimuth said 360 :drill: but I'm sure they left that out of your creative writing course so don't worry it's not really important for you anyway .

You have a good day and try not to choke on any more salads . :nuts: :fogey:
    Well, I did not realize this thread was going to be going over so many heads- I'll re-adjust my sights from now on.
    360 degrees would be a FULL circle, there by agreeing with my point of view 100%:thumbsup: I hope your direction finding skills are better out in the woods:rolleyes:

Last edited:

NightOwl

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!

But yet everybody says I need to "tone down" My Restaurant Rant and subsequent defence of same!:dunno::scratch::koolaid:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I minored in Creative Writing and I would bet a paycheck this is just a made-up, sophmoric retort that simply takes my rant and turns it around 180 degrees by an "author" with extremely limited verbal skills.

This has to be one of the first times someone could brag about being qualified to work at Starbucks on here...

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Yeh, It REALLY IS embarrasing to be able to read and write one's own native language!:n00b:

At the university I attended, they taught you what you need to know in composition classes not creative writing. Creative writing was a class you took to fulfill your liberal arts requirements. My three year old step son can tell creative stories.

Last edited:

NightOwl

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    apparently you haven't been here very long...these stories happen often in sake of good humor, no point in getting all bent out of shape over it. If you can't learn to go with the flow, your stay here at INGO will be a short one.
    I'm fine, it's others who seem to be melting down!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Well I've got 15 different Jacka$$es flinging mud at me from all directions, sorry if my decorum is not perfect.

You've entered the INGO Zone. Trial by fire is the prefered means of separating the wheat from the chaff. It never really ends, as we tend to enjoy a good cyber spat. Once you are here a bit, you'll find that it's not just n0oBs that are targeted. There are even a few long running Hatfield/McCoy feuds that are always entertaining. :D

Top Bottom