• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Why yes, when I'm approved to put a short Noveske barrel on it of course. I could have built it as a pistol but didn't like the look.

Good choice on the Battlecomp! Are there any suppressors that can mount over the BC?

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Its really funny I just ordered my Noveske upper today too I went with the 10.5 Light Shorty, LO-PRO W/VIS. Noveske for the win!!!!!

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    yes leonidas is the ****, but I kinda want a 7.5 diplomat.
    I almost pulled the trigger on one with the VIS upper but I just can't get over the horrid ballistics of it. Maybe I will and keep it in the car as a get home gun but that would have to be next quarter.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    And with a little practice this could be you!;)

imagesCATRO8LK.jpg

untitled.jpg

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    No, but he'll be getting a swift kick in the *** if this Noveske koolaid isn't as sweet as he promised! :D;)

Just to add: I have never once had a ftf or fte in over 5k rounds. That is shooting it in fa and semi, and not cleaning it a whole lot, you will be very happy with your purchase esrice.:ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What do you mean by the above? Is there any pictures that could explain it to me better?

On an 11.5" barrel with 11" rail, it wouldn't be possible to mount a suppressor, because the muzzle sits too far inside the rail (and a suppressor won't fit inside most rails, unless you go with something very tube-like). Take junglerogue's 11.5" BCM with 11.0" LaRue rail as an example:

5.jpg

So, if I wanted to run a suppressor with the above setup, I'd have to go with a 10.0" LaRue rail, which leaves more of the barrel exposed than I was wanting. Take cwood's 11.5" BCM with LaRue 10.0 rail as an example:

Picture006-1.jpg

Now, with the Noveske/DD combo, as seen below, I get the best of both worlds-- the muzzle is tucked up nice and close to the rail, while still allowing enough room for mounting a suppressor. The end result is that the rail and suppressor look more streamlined. Its a relatively minor, and mostly aesthetic, consideration, but I wanted to build this exactly like I had in my head.

mk18noveske900.jpg

Also, why would you go from a 11.5 to a 10.5?

The "standard" length used to be 10.5", based on the SBRs that the military was being issued (I still haven't figured out all the MK18 hype yet). BCM saw some reliability and wear/tear benefits in an added inch, so the 11.5" became very popular (BCM doesn't even make a 10.5").

Read this for BCM's explanation: Q: Why BCM chose the 11.5" SBR over the 10.5" - AR15.COM

For me, I was fine with either, so I simply let my choice of manufacturer determine if I was going 10.5" or 11.5".

HTH!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wanna have a race and see who gets their new upper first.

I might lose that race. I ordered from DSG Arms and they've been backlogged due to weather and sick employees. I told them I wasn't in a hurry so they could delay mine if necessary. We'll see! :dunno:

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Those are just the stock photos from Noveske's site. I like the monolithic look. Also I am kinda stuck in '07 when it comes to guns.:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom