• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Closeup of Spikes plate:

Thanks so much! Those answer some questions I had about the muzzle/rail relationship.

Is that a Spike's QD plate, or Noveske? Because I didn't know Spike's made such a creature. . . if so, got a link?

Your build is actually very similar to what I had in my head for mine. Looks great!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is that a Spike's QD plate, or Noveske? Because I didn't know Spike's made such a creature. . . if so, got a link?

Nevermind. I just saw the Noveske logo and answered my own question.

One of those will definitely be going on my build. :yesway:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    2010-08-19015754.jpg

bottom lower is the blem
    DSC_0881.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Someone just pulled the trigger on a Noveske MK18 upper. :D

It was a very close race between the BCM and the Noveske. In the end, only a few minor "points" separated the two:

• The Daniel Defense MK18 rail is 9.5", which allows the 10.5" barrel to protrude flush, while still allowing room to later mount a suppressor, keeping a very smooth profile. With the BCM/LaRue combo, I would either have to settle on a 10" rail with some barrel showing, or go 11", which would require me to remove the rail to swap muzzle devices.
    • Even though I understand the reported benefits of an 11.5" barrel, something about a 10.5" Noveske gives me the warm fuzzies inside.
    • DSG made me a killer deal, bringing the complete upper price down to less than what the BCM would cost without a BCG. :n00b:
    End result should have a form-factor similar to this:

xdd8013big.jpg

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Evan - You really have to stop this...I've been trying to fight off the evil black rifle sickness for quite some time, and I've been successful so far...but your posts aren't helping me out any! :D

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Didn't I tell you last year to just get the noveske 10.5 cqb? Lol...:laugh:

Yank that birdcage and put a KX3 on it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    • The Daniel Defense MK18 rail is 9.5", which allows the 10.5" barrel to protrude flush, while still allowing room to later mount a suppressor, keeping a very smooth profile. With the BCM/LaRue combo, I would either have to settle on a 10" rail with some barrel showing, or go 11", which would require me to remove the rail to swap muzzle devices.

Ok, I'm trying VERY hard to learn from this thread. I'm trying to picture this. What do you mean by the above? Is there any pictures that could explain it to me better?

Also, why would you go from a 11.5 to a 10.5?

I'm a noob, I admit it. :n00b:

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm catching up on this thread. I thought you were going to build the upper too?

I'd love to eventually get a Noveske barrel too. My SBR build will use a matched Noveske upper & lower (got them from coldhandarms.com).

For now it'll use a Colt 14.5" with a pinned on a Battlecomp 1.5 to make it 16" long. I just couldn't get into the pistol look until the Form 1 got approved.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So, were they still running the lower promo?

Yes and no.

I talked to Noveske directly and they are no longer running the promo.

However, when I talked with DSG, they said that they still have some free lowers with some uppers, indicated by that ad (as seen above) being in the bottom of the page on their website.

Because they don't do the free lower, I didn't bother asking Noveske about the factory SBR option, but I assume that is still a valid deal.

What kind of evil twisted secrets do you promise to tell unless you got a good deal at DSG?

:shady:

I will say that I had a nice conversation with Robert at DSG. He was super accommodating, especially given some major weather issues they've been having, as indicated on ARFCOM.

Since I think I know the secret to where your funds came from, I think I get to shoot it once its done:D:ar15:

Absolutely!

Didn't I tell you last year to just get the noveske 10.5 cqb? Lol...:laugh:

:whistle:

Yank that birdcage and put a KX3 on it.

My KX3 lust has done passed. It'll be receiving a BattleComp promptly. :yesway:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Someone just pulled the trigger on a Noveske MK18 upper. :D

It was a very close race between the BCM and the Noveske. In the end, only a few minor "points" separated the two:

• Even though I understand the reported benefits of an 11.5" barrel, something about a 10.5" Noveske gives me the warm fuzzies inside.
    • DSG made me a killer deal, bringing the complete upper price down to less than what the BCM would cost without a BCG. :n00b:
    End result should have a form-factor similar to this:

xdd8013big.jpg

:D Welcome to the top:D!!!!

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I'm catching up on this thread. I thought you were going to build the upper too?

I'd love to eventually get a Noveske barrel too. My SBR build will use a matched Noveske upper & lower (got them from coldhandarms.com).

For now it'll use a Colt 14.5" with a pinned on a Battlecomp 1.5 to make it 16" long. I just couldn't get into the pistol look until the Form 1 got approved.

why not sell the colt barrel and buy a Noveske:dunno:

Top Bottom