• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If you have a machine gun stamp, you don't need an SBR stamp.

So a 10.5" M16 with suppressor would only require 2 stamps-- 1 for the MG and 1 for the can.

Really? That's it?

So for the entire time I was shooting that SBR at NFA day, I was disappointed because I knew I could never afford one. And now you 2 are saying I was wrong.

I gotta talk to my wife now...

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Why is that?

Because you already have $200 in it more then it was worth new, then the new buyer wants to give you used price on that because he has to pay another $200 to boot. It's a vicious cycle.

When you are buying a $15,000 machinegun it is easy to swallow. When you are buying a $800 SBR it is a much bigger deal.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Because you already have $200 in it more then it was worth new, then the new buyer wants to give you used price on that because he has to pay another $200 to boot. It's a vicious cycle.

To say nothing of the fact that most folks aren't going to want to buy a gun with somebody else's name engraved on it. :):

As long as we're on the subject, resale on suppressors sucks, too.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    If you were to sell it... The new buyer would have to pay $200 for a stamp and have their information engraved on it? If so, a lower could get cluttered changing hands a few times...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Update

Good news-- my SBR-building fund has freed up, and its bigger than I first budgeted.

Bad news-- now that I've got the $$, the decision-making process is tough!

Part of me wants to build this as an all-Spike's SBR, including the use of their new SAR rail. I've been in talks with them and their upper prices can't be beat. This would be a 10.5" standard barrel with 10" rail.

But another part of me says that since I've got the money to do it, go ahead and get my "first love", a BCM 11.5" BFH with 11.0 LaRue rail. It's a couple hundred dollars more, but I'd get a BFH barrel and the reliability and performance of their 11.5" upper, which are important factors for me. As this will become my main 'go-to' gun, I need something that will last.

As I tend to do, perhaps I am over-thinking it. I think I need to back up a bit, and start over from scratch, especially given the increased budget.

So I'll ask you fine INGOers, what would YOU do with $1800 and a Spike's stripped lower? I've already got optics and peripherals, so this can all be spent on just the rifle.

Here are the parameters:

• 11.5" or 10.5" barrel length
    • Low profile gas block
    • 10" or 11" rail (extra credit if the rail has QD sockets and/or a continuous upper rail)
    • Full-auto BCG
    • CTR stock
    Are there any factory SBR options I should be exploring?

Last edited:

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    How about a LMT 10.5" with a 10" Daniel Defense Lite Rail :D

LMT has the FA BCG.;)

Guns-056.jpg

Top Bottom