• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Don't you know it's illegal in Indiana to shoot over water!!!!
    :D

OK, that's taken care of. (Pseudo-inside joke.)

Sorry I couldn't be there to shoot. Looks like you accomplished what you wanted.

Generally, in firearms, it's a good thing when the rifle is consistent. Just like in ammo, you want the same velocity, same bullet weight, same powder weight, etc. to have tight groups.

I noticed that your SBR is extremely consistent in its ejection of the spent casings. Last night I found 69 cases on the face of the dam. They were even with the back of the shooting bench and 4-6' to the right. I could have put a bushel basket over the whole group (if I had a bushel basket of course!). The majority of the rounds looked like you poured them on the ground from a large drinking glass, they were that close!

Speaking of consistent ejection pattern...I've often heard in many semi autos this is a good indication of a properly tuned gun.

Esrice...I may have missed it earlier. What buffer and spring are you running?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Spring is milspec 17-7 stainless steel and buffer is ST-T2 heavy, both from Spike's Tactical.

Thanks! Running that on my 300SBR set-up as well. Working on load development now and hoping to find similar consistency in spent case ejection pattern, on top off of course good patterns down range as well. :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    haha, looking back on your thread and found this.... sooooooo is it?:D

1547622082-1.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Was in Mom's studio yesterday so I took a minute to weigh Project Iron Widow. This weight doesn't include any weaponlight.

2nhnbm9.jpg

5zfpj6.jpg

I was actually surprised it was under 8lbs. That double-thick chromed barrel is heavy. But being so short is balances much better than a 16" gun.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think your whole gun is lighter than just one of my shotgun's barrels.

Cool pictures but I did see a scale just like that on a COPS episode.
    What's your Mom into? :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So Project Iron Widow attended its first NFA Day!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akpmaRZeI5I[/ame]

I also had the chance to talk to bigcraig about his AR weaponlight, an Inforce WML.

6943864917_67838fdfc8.jpg

It combines several features that I like, such as:

• Lightweight (about 3oz)
    • Low-profile
    • Easy push button activation (angled button is awesome)
    • Not too bright (125 lumens)
    When these first came out I didn't consider them because they had several modes that required multiple hits of the button. Now they have a momentary-only version! And, at $99 I can afford to try it without much risk.

I plan on mounting it at 12 o'clock and moving my front sight back. This seemed to be a great place to activate from either side, and minimizes barrel shadow.

Will update when I receive one!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ah, I've been spying that light & with a momentary it's now moving up near the top of my list. Hurry up and review one. :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    esrice if I remember right bigcraig ran a Streamlight TLR-1 at one point, what would be the advantage with the Inforce WML?

The TLR-1 and similar lights have toggle switches. This can work, but the Inforce was designed specifically with rifles in mind (versus pistols with the other lights). Because of this, the ergonomic slanted button is perfect for c-clamping the rail while activating the light. Mounting it on top means I can activate it from both sides.

Wait so this light isn't a weapon light and won't hold up to recoil?
    SureFire G2X Pro and LT707-1 In-Line QD Mount with 1.040 Rings | LaRue Tactical

Although Surefire doesn't recommend it "officially", I know of several folks who run such a setup with ZERO issues. One of those folks being Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical who runs thousands of rounds through his guns in classes. He reports no issues and recommends those lights often.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Although Surefire doesn't recommend it "officially", I know of several folks who run such a setup with ZERO issues. One of those folks being Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical who runs thousands of rounds through his guns in classes. He reports no issues and recommends those lights often.

Thanks. Because I was planning on mounting it on a MOE scout mount with my AR. For a light setup under $300

Top Bottom