• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Any particular reason why? Not bashing at all, just curious. I run a Poly-Tac and it seems to be more than up for the job of a weapon mounted light.

I just trust metal more than plastic. IMHO more durable. Which is actually funny because I like glocks just as much as 1911

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    esrice if I remember right bigcraig ran a Streamlight TLR-1 at one point, what would be the advantage with the Inforce WML?

I used to run a TLR-1, but I find the Inforce is better suited for my SBR.

The big selling point of the Inforce, for me, was the small footprint and the button position. The only negative I had with the light was all the stupid modes that could be used, I hated it. That issue has been addressed by Inforce with the new model, which I will eventually buy.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    INGONFA_ARSBR_01.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

So the search for the perfect weaponlight under $200 continues.

As I mentioned above, I really wanted to try the Inforce WML that was now being offered in a momentary-only configuration.

Thanks to Stainer I became aware of Inforce's recent partnership with Haley Strategic Partners in bringing out a momentary-only version with 200 lumens for only $109. He also saved me some shipping by recommending purchasing from Bravo Company, as their shipping costs were less than if ordered direct through HSP. Thanks buddy. :yesway:

I ordered on a Friday, got a shipping notice on Saturday, and it arrived on my doorstep on Monday. Once again Bravo Company impressed me. :yesway:

Here's everything, including the light, some catalogs, and a few stickers for my gun safe.

2j5eyxk.jpg

Handling the light in person was different than what I imagined from viewing pictures. It is extremely lightweight, yet doesn't feel "cheap" or "plastic" like I had imagined. Fit and finish reminded me of Surefire's G-series handheld lights.

2wd66vt.jpg

The activation button, which is the light's most unique feature, is more like a built-in tape switch than a traditional push button. It "snicks" with a very positive feel, and isn't mushy or indistinct. Removing my thumb from the switch snaps the light off immediately.

wv3gx2.jpg

Dry-firing indoors I found the activation easily accomplished. It feels like a clicky tailcap without the ability for the light to stay on. "Click" on for light, release to turn it off. Simple.

Installation really couldn't get much simpler. On Project Iron Widow I first moved my front flip-up sight back a few places. The WML has a thumb-stud that, when backed out, allows a spring-loaded clamp to attach to the rail. Once its clamped on you then turn the thumb-stud until it touches the light body and locks the clamp into place. It's an ingenious design because it doesn't rely solely on the pressure of the thumb-stud to stay attached, thereby risking backing out under recoil. It's easier to see than explain.

But that was it-- simple.

dnyqls.jpg

There are two lock-out devices on the light-- turn the light bezel a half turn, or flip up a physical plastic barrier over the switch. One is to keep batteries from running down if the light is activated accidentally while bagged, and the other is to keep the shooter from inadvertently activating the light while shooting (light ND).

While I find both of these mostly unnecessary for my purpose, I like the caveman simple approach.

2mmv03r.jpg

One test this light will need to pass has to do with placement. I like having the switch at 12o'clock. In conjunction with an AFG and c-clamp grip this makes activation very intuitive. While shooting in daylight the side of the WML has a nice shelf that acts as an index for my support-side thumb. When things go dark I only need to move my thumb up onto the switch.

But this very forward position does put the light lens close to the muzzle device. Close enough to become a carbon collector? I plan to find out with some live fire in the next week or so.

r94ns3.jpg

So initial impressions of the light itself are quite positive. I like its light weight, unique compact activation switch, and the fact that it doesn't require a separate mount. However placement could again become an issue and will require further testing.

Stay tuned for more on the Inforce HSP WML.

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Sounds like we need to have a play date down in Brown county! :D

I'd love to have you guys down!

I had two young fellows and their wives down yesterday to do some shooting and talk about firearms for personal protection.

We had been shooting the rifles off the deck and then the guys were shooting pistols in the yard (didn't want to take the time to move gear to the pistol range). I needed to start the ribs, so here's a picture of me cooking with ear pro on!

1qg3ye.jpg

Top Bottom