• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, that was the next thing I checked-- its there. :D Now at the range I'm gonna have to be all "hey guys check out my awesome gas-block. . . yeah it does say Noveske, because its a Noveske upper. . .yeah that's right. . . "

:laugh::laugh:

I also added a logo'd Noveske/Troy front sight, so I should be g2g. :D

Don't. I feel ruined. A 16" upper will forever seem big and cumbersome. I've gone too far. ;)

Yep nothing like having someone stare down your barrel to see what you are shooting....literally:D Very nice upper esrice, and I know what you mean about the length because I rarely shoot any of my other ar's anymore.:dunno::yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    just curious if there is enough room on that noveske upper to mount the collar of a halo

King, to answer your question- yes, a Gemtech HALO does indeed fit, perfectly. And I must admit, its super sexy. When mounted, there is less than a 1/2" gap between the collar and the rail. The cooler thing? Even with the suppressor its STILL shorter than a 16" gun. :D It balances the rifle well, and doesn't feel awkward or heavy. I want.

I also picked up another part-- another Noveske part at that!

122dhg9.jpg

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Is this thing built yet? Evan, are you employed by a government procurement agency? Obama will be out of office by the time this thing is finished.. I say we name it Lebron for all the hype coming with this SBR!!! Get it done and get to the range!!!!!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok boys and girls, here is where the cringing starts. As I like to do with my build threads, I will break everything down part-by-part and include the real-life paid prices. I do this to give the reader a real-world example of the actual costs, so they can better plan their own build.

So far:

• Spike's Tactical lower - $85
    • Noveske DDMK18 10.5" complete upper - $875
    • Noveske/Troy front flip-up sight - $75
    • LaRue/Troy rear flip-up sight - $119
    • Noveske QD endplate - $10
    • Aimpoint H1 in LaRue LT-660 mount - $600
    • Magpul BAD lever - $30
    • Magpul RVG - $24
    • Magpul XTm rail covers - $35
    • Ergo rail covers - $20
    • BCM Gunfighter charging handle - $45
    • VTAC light mount - $20
    • Streamlight PolyTac LED - $35
    • YHM Phantom 5C2 compensator - $22

Peripherals:

• Urban E.R.T. single/double-point sling - $50
    • CMMG .22 conversion w/3 mags - $245
    • Lancer L5 magazines (6) - $108
    • Blackhawk rifle case - $30
    • Eagle Patrol Bandoleer - $35
    Total rifle (so far) - $1,995
    All AR gear together - $2,463

Estimated future costs:

• Tax stamp - $200
    • Passport photos - $10
    • Engraving - $50
    • Spike's Tactical enhanced LPK - $150
    • Magpul CTR stock kit - $150
    • Magpul enhanced buttpad - $20
    • Magpul MOE grip - $20
    Estimated finished rifle - $2,595 (IIRC, my initial estimate was $2,600 :D)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Funny thing, I left the upper off my SBR for a minute, and it re-grew a new one. :eek:

mk18.jpg

Will a 9.5" rail with a 10.5" barrel allow enough room to accommodate the HALO's locking collar? Yuh-huh. :)
    mk18_halo.jpg

And here's the really neat one... 10.5" barrel + HALO is still shorter than a 16" barrel + comp...
    rifles.jpg

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    Esrice,
    Thanks for a the price breakdown. I think everyone who's interested in building a SBR should take a long hard look at it and then figure out if it's really worth it. My wife just found all my receipts on the desk when I was doing taxes...needless to say, I had to do a little explaining:D
    J

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think everyone who's interested in building a SBR should take a long hard look at it and then figure out if it's really worth it.

I hope they also realize where I personally chose to spend money, versus where they could save money on their own build.

For example, if someone was willing to go with a Spike's 10.5" upper with MOE handguard, they could quickly save $375 off my build price. Want to save another $30? Forgo the BAD lever.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just ordered a BattleComp 2.0. :alright:

BC20-2_ProdPhot.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr433ma17a0]YouTube - BattleComp Promo[/ame]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just ordered the rest of the parts needed to complete the lower. It will be 100% Spikes, utilizing their enhanced LPK, which includes their BattleTrigger, KNS anti-rotation pins, billet trigger guard, ambi-safety, ST-T2 buffer, and Ergo grip (which I'm swapping for a MOE).

Stock will be a Magpul CTR with enhanced buttpad, using Spike's milspec buffer components.

I also threw in a BCM Gunfighter charging handle, a few black ladder rails, and some PMAG Ranger Plates.

Spike's lower will be headed out to Ident later this week for engraving.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Review on the Spike's Battle trigger plz.

KNS pins made my trigger feel a little better but probably because my LPK pins were on the small side of spec. Other than being stronger than normal pins I don't see the need. But I have them anyway because they look cool. :D There's no way a properly installed trigger pin will walk out. I'm not sure about the hammer pin.

BCM Gunfighter FTW! :rockwoot:

Oh, the Battle Comp should be bad ass as well. I can't wait to try mine.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    BattleComp arrived today!

Also need to give a big +1 to Spike's customer service. Before placing my order I had looked around for the ARFCOM coupon codes but could no longer find them published. I mentioned this in the "comments" section of my order. Within a few hours I received an email explaining that I would see a $20+ refund. :yesway:

I've lost a few days this week being sick, but I plan on sending my lower off tomorrow to Ident in TX for engraving.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    BattleComp arrived today!

Also need to give a big +1 to Spike's customer service. Before placing my order I had looked around for the ARFCOM coupon codes but could no longer find them published. I mentioned this in the "comments" section of my order. Within a few hours I received an email explaining that I would see a $20+ refund. :yesway:

I've lost a few days this week being sick, but I plan on sending my lower off tomorrow to Ident in TX for engraving.

Why not use a local engraver?

Top Bottom