• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Why not use a local engraver?

Not that a local engraver couldn't do a good job, but I want this done right (legally, aesthetically), so I chose a place with a good nation-wide reputation that does this kind of work regularly. I'm in no hurry so turnaround time was not a consideration.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    What do they charge w/shipping and engraving? I have seen their work on arfcomm and it seems to be very good, are you having anything else engraved on the lower besides the legal requirements?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    SKD was having a sale on the Blue Force Gear DAP Discreet Rife Case ($25 off) so I went ahead and ordered one in tan for Project Iron Widow.

Blue Force Gear DAP Discreet Rifle Case 28"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPyGkwpLxgk&feature=channel]YouTube - DAP Discreet Rifle Case from Blue Force Gear[/ame]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    SKD was having a sale on the Blue Force Gear DAP Discreet Rife Case

+1 for SKD, my case is already here!

I will have a full review on it once I get some time with it. First impressions are favorable, but I'm not overly impressed-- at least not $130 impressed.

I do like how low-profile it is. The design is very simple and to-the-point.

A few pictures:

2qc4i80.jpg

2zhplpc.jpg

311ux6g.jpg

b4jomo.jpg

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    You should get a custom patch made something like the noveske flaming pig but with it having a apple in its mouth and blowing smoke out of its nose I dunno why it would just be funny.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just ordered the rest of the parts needed to complete the lower. It will be 100% Spikes, utilizing their enhanced LPK, which includes their BattleTrigger, KNS anti-rotation pins, billet trigger guard, ambi-safety, ST-T2 buffer, and Ergo grip (which I'm swapping for a MOE).

Stock will be a Magpul CTR with enhanced buttpad, using Spike's milspec buffer components.

I also threw in a BCM Gunfighter charging handle, a few black ladder rails, and some PMAG Ranger Plates.

This order just came in today too! What a great SBR day!

1190x8k.jpg

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Have you thought about getting an engraved dust cover with "Iron Widow" on it?

Awesome build, I can't wait to see it together!:rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You should get a custom patch made something like the noveske flaming pig but with it having a apple in its mouth and blowing smoke out of its nose

Have you thought about getting an engraved dust cover with "Iron Widow" on it?

I'm all about custom touches. I was going to get something engraved on the magwell, like "Iron Widow" or something unique to me. But if I ever got another upper it wouldn't make any sense.

I like the dustcover idea. It would be fairly inexpensive to have done also.

I wonder if I could get the inside of my billet trigger guard laser engraved . . . hmm...

Keep the ideas coming guys.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I'm all about custom touches. I was going to get something engraved on the magwell, like "Iron Widow" or something unique to me. But if I ever got another upper it wouldn't make any sense.

I like the dustcover idea. It would be fairly inexpensive to have done also.

I wonder if I could get the inside of my billet trigger guard laser engraved . . . hmm...

Keep the ideas coming guys.

Get linkpimp to paint your whole rifle with Noveske flaming pigs!:laugh:

Top Bottom