• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.
    Anybody find any as far north as Lafayette yet? I looked around a little today and didn't see any yet. About half of my may apples are open, the rest are still sprouting up. I barely have any buds on my trees yet. Seemed to be a lot more overhead cover when I found them last year.

I live in Lafalot and have heard stories but no physical evidence. I am going to try today (4/14) and see. I think we need a couple more 70degree days. Will post when I get back any news. A good mess of shrooms with a med rare t/bone and tater salad=MMMMMMM.

madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.
    I live in Lafalot and have heard stories but no physical evidence. I am going to try today (4/14) and see. I think we need a couple more 70degree days. Will post when I get back any news. A good mess of shrooms with a med rare t/bone and tater salad=MMMMMMM.

Went to S.W. Warren county today, saw a lot of deer and turkey but no mushrooms yet. Will go back out over weekend and will update later.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Went out to our woods today and did a little looking, was mainly clearing the shooting range and doing some shooting, didn't find anything...

Dad was always told wherever you can find mayapples, you can find mushrooms...

We have tons of mayapples, never found a single mushroom on our property... I swear my late grandfather could SMELL them, and he never managed to find any... We're on clay, plenty of nice moist areas, no idea why we don't have any...

josh25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Johnson County
    I've found somewhere around 150 so far mostly blacks. I had a buddy found 200 dog peckers under one tree in camp attebury. I have never had any luck at attebury, guess I just dont know where to go there. Finding all mine in Brown County.

josh25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Johnson County
    May apples are a good sign of season being in but I have most of my luck around poppler trees and around trees that are down. Also along creek beds where it is a little wetter.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    One of my friends called me today and said he had found a few small blacks on his property near Winthrop. ( north of Attica, mid Warren County ) Haven't looked at my place yet, I'm in Northern Warren, and my woods doesn't look quite right yet. Going out tomorrow to at least get some exercise. Another friend from Parke County has been amassing poundage down there.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Here's about 5 lbs worth I picked today. In Pike County spoil banks
    041-Copy640x480.jpg

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    So I haven't found any this year yet but was wondering what caliber is best for roon hunt'n? :ar15:

The mayapple is up about 6 inches so the roons should be up any time now.

joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    went out for the first time since in about 16 years on my family's land in brown county. after about 4 hours of hunting i found 2 little greys, 1 pecker head that was half eaten by a slug, and 3 giant yellows. might give it another try next weekend.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Looked a little in Minnehaha last week with no luck.....looked in northern Indianapolis last week, no luck.....but had a chance to try in northwest Monroe county today. Got about 45 spikes. Not the prettiest 'shrooms ever found, but they did taste excellent!

vxixaa.jpg

Top Bottom