• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just another knee jerk reaction. It's ridiculous, they're just chasing a phantom. One man commits an atrocious act, and rather than acknowledging the underlying problem, or the reason the casualty count was so high, let's just make it even harder for people to have guns. Maybe we should have banned air travel after 9/11. Just ground and water travel from now on.

Guns are the easy target. No one wanted to ban moving vans after extremists ran over several people in London, New York, Toronto... But after a shooting, they want to take guns away. The motive is clear. It has everything to do with disarming citizens, and nothing to do with safety.

Give AOC time... but ground and water travel are out too, unless it's by bicycle or walking.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I can not comprehend the depravity and darkness of soul that envelopes the mind of any person able to commit such an attack. I just can't.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can not comprehend the depravity and darkness of soul that envelopes the mind of any person able to commit such an attack. I just can't.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

The idea that you, a single person, can impact planet Earth on a large scale... become famous... notorious... its enticing to some.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Some people just want to watch the world burn.

The idea that you, a single person, can impact planet Earth on a large scale... become famous... notorious... its enticing to some.

Which is exactly why the news should never release the names or photos of them monsters. It just encourages more just like them to commit evil.

They just want recognition, notoriety. Take that away, and you'll see this happen less frequently.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Which is exactly why the news should never release the names or photos of them monsters. It just encourages more just like them to commit evil.

They just want recognition, notoriety. Take that away, and you'll see this happen less frequently.

The gullable media hands it to them or whomever gives them the most ratings. They dont care.

In practice, that'd be great if every single outlet would agree on that. But since it's 100% allowed, no one has any reason to act in good faith. Everyone else refusing to say the name? Guess what'll get us more clicks! Say the name! Publish his wants/needs! Show his pic!

Impossible to stop in a world as free as this. And you know that even if every outlet were bound by some code or law to not do it... independent people, civilians, would do it and get all the attention. News outlets (for-profit companies) can't allow that.

So, yeah... some people virtue signal that they don't do names/pics... but it doesn't matter.

Also, "Dangerous memes" is such a ****ing retarded term. Peak 2019.

Mosque shooter’s alleged manifesto filled with dangerous memes

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It doesn't get much press when the terrorist gets shot back at or stopped when the victims defend themselves.

I dunno... seems like when they leave a "manifesto" full of stuff that the left can weaponize... it has some staying power, even if they die. Lot of "THIS PERSON INFLUENCED THEM" or "THIS IS WHERE THEY WERE RADICALIZED"... attempting to put the blood on those groups/people.

Lazy media pinning this one on YouTubers and insignificant figures on the "right" may be used to influence large tech companies (if they even need influenced) to crack down on certain outlets that are deemed unsafe and adjacent to dangerous thought.

But yeah, if they don't write anything down, and don't have much of a history... stories disappear real fast when the attackers get shot at.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    To own, you have to have the license, but to carry you have to have a "proper" reason. Of course that's subjective. So NZ's laws suck ass, but not quite as much ass as Australia's?

Sounds like Maryland. The State sets the bar for what is a "reasonable need" to carry and self defense isn't reasonable enough.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Just watched the 16 min video the shooter was live streaming while shooting. Absolutely disgusting. The calmness of the guy. So muffed up.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Just watched the 16 min video the shooter was live streaming while shooting. Absolutely disgusting. The calmness of the guy. So muffed up.

How? Where? My Google-fu is weak. Every network tells me their reporters watched it, to save me and my snowflake sensibilities... except I am not a snowflake and have dealt with death. I want facts. I want to see for myself. I want to be able to focus my energy as is needed, w/o the message being filtered or spun. Private me if you must, but help me understand this w/o being 1 or 2 or 3 steps removed.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Same here.
    I found a few "Parts" on twitter but definitely not 16 minutes of anything. Please PM the links.

And for those that think we should not be viewing such tragedy because Wah Wa-Wah Wa-Wah Wah Wa-Wah Wa-Wah.
    Bite Me!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

And that presumes the media has any interest in seeing these types of things happening less frequently. Which they don't.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Thank You all for the links.

So I have seen 1 vid that's 17 minutes long of 1 bad guy with 1 car shooting at 1 place and then taking shots from his car down the street after. I keep hearing that 2 places were shot up and 4 bad guys were arrested.
    What am I missing?

Was there a crew of 3 bad guys in another car at another location while this guy was shooting?

BTW- As prepared as he thinks he was, he wasn't prepared much at all and his gun skills were pretty bad. The only reason he killed so many there was he kept shooting the piles of wounded and cowering people pretending to be dead. One report was some guy said that he prayed the shooter would just run out of bullets. That **** pisses me off to the core. Wouldn't you pray someone in the building or area was illegally carrying a gun and would come help you?

I do find it sad that if someone did shoot back, they would have been labelled a vigilante and arrested with no gun privileges for life. Like what occasionally happens in CA and NY.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    My thing is how come no one else had a gun. I always got **** from my friends carrying at church or a funeral. This just reassures my thoughts anything and everything can happen.

His gun skills qere way below sub par.

I just cant get over the calmness. If youre killing im assuming theres going to be emotion and hate will be shown. This is just nuts.

As for the media. I sadly think they are falling and catering to this guys true evil plan. Guns/ conservatives bad.

Lets see how this ripple effect goes.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Was there truly a fife and drum corps playing nearby or did someone dub that over the video? Seems a little serendipitous...

EDIT: p.s. I think it is important to see the video. In a way, it is like studying the black box of an aircraft that has gone down. What can we learn from how this went down? How does it compare to other scenarios like this? Is the training we do applicable in these scenarios? This could happen to anyone, so I don't believe viewing should be restricted to "the authorities".

Last edited:
    Top Bottom