Mar 30, 2011
    giphy.gif

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It's funny what some people think is "fired up." This forum is so tame that it's safe to leave it home alone with 3 year olds. :):

Fired up. :rolleyes: :laugh:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I read at the BBC coverage that NZ laws are actually not too bad, in principle.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47584603

The license thing isn't ideal, but its not as bad as Australia.

To own, you have to have the license, but to carry you have to have a "proper" reason. Of course that's subjective. So NZ's laws suck ass, but not quite as much ass as Australia's?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    It seems they have been successful in scrubbing the video. I can't find it anymore since this morning.

It's pretty hard to get something removed from the internet, just ask Axl Rose.

I haven't seen the video, but when I was looking for a copy of the manifesto earlier, I saw a place where both the vid and the manifesto were up for download.

Funny, how many "news" pieces were right on it to give people the particular bits of the manifesto that they wanted them to see, but none of those "news" stories included a link or any way for readers to read the actual thing in it's entirety.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's pretty hard to get something removed from the internet, just ask Axl Rose.

I haven't seen the video, but when I was looking for a copy of the manifesto earlier, I saw a place where both the vid and the manifesto were up for download.

Funny, how many "news" pieces were right on it to give people the particular bits of the manifesto that they wanted them to see, but none of those "news" stories included a link or any way for readers to read the actual thing in it's entirety.

a0cf0aac3327572b16800217f742e6dc.jpg

Never forget!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Of course that's subjective. So NZ's laws suck ass, but not quite as much ass as Australia's?

I agree with that. :)

Indiana's LTCH requirement sucks ass compared to constitutional carry. But Indiana's a metric shton better than most other states. :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dinesh is way wrong on this. International Islamic terrorism makes the news constantly.

Dinesh D'Souza said:
    Any act of terror is evil. But if a Muslim guy shot up a church in New Zealand it would not be news here. The media is going crazy over this #MosqueAttack for one reason: it fits their narrative. Muslims good, white man bad! So part of the story here is how #FakeNews is made

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm going to need a score card.

People of what faith are allowed to shoot people of what faith for no good reason?

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The main suspect in the mosque shooting that killed 49 people in New Zealand on Friday had five guns and a gun licence, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has said.
    "The offender was in possession of a gun licence. I'm advised that this was acquired in November of 2017," Ms Ardern said. "I can tell you one thing right now, our gun laws will change."

Well, that was quick.

I'm sure they will change their laws to make it legal for their citizens to carry guns to defend themselves, not to make it harder for anyone to own a gun. :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47590685

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Well, that was quick.

I'm sure they will change their laws to make it legal for their citizens to carry guns to defend themselves, not to make it harder for anyone to own a gun. :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47590685

Just another knee jerk reaction. It's ridiculous, they're just chasing a phantom. One man commits an atrocious act, and rather than acknowledging the underlying problem, or the reason the casualty count was so high, let's just make it even harder for people to have guns. Maybe we should have banned air travel after 9/11. Just ground and water travel from now on.

Guns are the easy target. No one wanted to ban moving vans after extremists ran over several people in London, New York, Toronto... But after a shooting, they want to take guns away. The motive is clear. It has everything to do with disarming citizens, and nothing to do with safety.

Top Bottom