• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would disagree with you there. Out of respect of the office i would do everything in my power to protect POTUS if the situation was that desperate.

I swore in an oath to protect the POTUS.. whether I like him or not.. I'd do everything in my power to protect him.

Guys, I hear what you're saying, I really do, but I just don't know. I just don't know at all. It's one thing to protect the office, but the man? I'll have to agree with Bill on this one. Unless you have a seriously compelling arguement against NOT helping....

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    "after letting this sink in, I rest assured that every federal agency that CAN is combing over every law possible and readying themselves and local PDs to understand that in no uncertainty that this display of power against the elite federal ruling class will not be allowed."

If a townhall event were to be held in Indiana, I would hope that many INGO members would be willing (no matter where you stood on the OC vs. CC debate) to attend while carrying, as this gentleman did. I would be willing to drive and pickup members if that is what it took.

Avoiding this issue only serves to weaken our position, which is constantly on the defense. Peaceful assembly, free speech, protesting and bearing arms in defense of our life, liberty and property is our god given right and the gentleman in the video is absolutely right, if one does not excercise their rights, then risk loosing them. When a man is being harassed by the government or people are being arrested for practicing those rights, we should not be watching our television and thinking how unjust our government has become, we should be asking ourselves why we are not their beside this man.

"To speak practically and as a citizen, unlike those who call themselves no-government men, I ask for, not at once no government, but at once a better government. Let every man make known what kind of government would command his respect, and that will be one step toward obtaining it." -Henry Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, no offense to those of us that fit the stereotype...
    but if an event like this were attended by a much broader cross section, one that had skin colors, races, ages, religions, etc. AND OPEN CARRY BY THEM...

it would project an image that the MSM can't ignore or lump people into. Remember,that at least in Indiana, we accept FOREIGN GUN LICENSES. So, imagine a NON-CITIZEN of the USA showing up to support their citizen friends, and the non-citizen legally carrying a gun, as well. And imagine that non-citizen being Russian, Saudi, Colombian, whatever.

Now, I'll take devil's advocate here. All it will take is some (tin foil on here) evil leftist to persuade a mentally-deficient person to carry AND INCITE VIOLENCE at one of these events, and then the whole good intentions thing goes down the toilet and we are all painted with a broad brush stroke once again. If one believes in MIB, they could even just plant one of their own, incite a riot, and 'fake arrest' the guy and be on their way... job done. And then our position on 2A is actually SET BACK.

wwTJd?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I would disagree with you there. Out of respect of the office i would do everything in my power to protect POTUS if the situation was that desperate.

And that is your right to do so.

I swore in an oath to protect the POTUS.. whether I like him or not.. I'd do everything in my power to protect him.

You refer, I think, to your oath as a Marine (and even if I have said so to you before, thank you for that service! :patriot:)

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I know I am not the first to point out that that oath may be contradictory, in that in the independent clause, it states that you will defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic and then in one of the dependent clauses, it says you will obey the orders of the President. (though not that you would protect him, if I read correctly, unless that is his order)
    Since you are no longer wearing that uniform on a daily basis, I don't know if the "officers appointed over me" phrase still applies; there is no officer appointed over the rank of "Citizen" or "Patriot".

I do not know how I would reconcile or be true to both parts of my oath, had I taken that as such at some point.

Blessings,
    Bill

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    but if an event like this were attended by a much broader cross section, one that had skin colors, races, ages, religions, etc. AND OPEN CARRY BY THEM...
    Don't forget "Gender"...we need unapologetic soccer moms packin' heat.:yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

it would project an image that the MSM can't ignore or lump people into. Remember,that at least in Indiana, we accept FOREIGN GUN LICENSES. So, imagine a NON-CITIZEN of the USA showing up to support their citizen friends, and the non-citizen legally carrying a gun, as well. And imagine that non-citizen being Russian, Saudi, Colombian, whatever.

Now, I'll take devil's advocate here. All it will take is some (tin foil on here) evil leftist to persuade a mentally-deficient person to carry AND INCITE VIOLENCE at one of these events, and then the whole good intentions thing goes down the toilet and we are all painted with a broad brush stroke once again. If one believes in MIB, they could even just plant one of their own, incite a riot, and 'fake arrest' the guy and be on their way... job done. And then our position on 2A is actually SET BACK.

wwTJd?

:facepalm: This is what they said about the last time I suggested this or even just an unarmed rally downtown.

This is what they said about every single Tea Party Nationwide both on Tax Day and July 4th.

It's this very fearmongering (No offense) that demotivates people and turns them away from exercising their rights. It's like saying we should all carry concealed so we don't frighten the sheeple because someone could rob a store with an AR15 and make us all look bad. :rolleyes:

Trust me, if the left was going to plant people to seriously disrupt a march, they would have done so July 4th. It never happened. They're not going to send some mentally ill person with a gun downtown and hope he/she starts shooting people.

Its no wonder nothing ever gets done about people protesting for their rights...

Everyone's too scared to do it.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    :): Yea, I know. It's sad. But I am making ends meet and I'm about to be done with this babysitting job on my way to make some real money.

I'm not worried about me getting kicked out. My wife and kids would be allowed to stay. I don't think she'd actually kick me out. Maybe remove the rifle from the house though. :dunno: Either way I almost don't care.

I'm am serious about the OC event though.

Imagine if all 10,000 people that went to the tea party in april would be willing to an OC rally. Were would such an event be legal? I know your not supposed to carry on gov property which is kind of ironic to me since the people own that land.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Imagine if all 10,000 people that went to the tea party in april would be willing to an OC rally. Were would such an event be legal? I know your not supposed to carry on gov property which is kind of ironic to me since the people own that land.

It would be very legal, although I'm sure it would be strongly "frowned upon", there's nothing they can do about it.

http://www.freestateproject.org/

http://www.nhliberty.org/

Try these links and link from there to other pertinent sites. He is part of the New Hampshire Free State Project.

Interesting movement and if I was younger I'd be there :rockwoot:

Except the fact that if the whole group moves to another state, as a member you must follow or leave the group. It's a stupid and scary kinda group, imho.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    If he was a plant to be disruptive, he failed. Epicly.
    Not really it got a lot of coverage and helped there cause by putting people against the so called right wing extremist. I mean think about it they have been arresting people for far less that are just trying to get there voices heard on opposing the health care bill. This guy was interviewed by the left media already and was totally left alone and not hasseld at the rally. This whole thing seems fishy to me.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Man With Earpiece and Handgun at Obamacare Eve" | MySpace Forums

Is it possible the man is an operative dispatched to provide the corporate media with an excuse to link opposition to Obamacare with potential violence? It sure looks that way.

The government has a long and sordid history of using agents provocateurs to delegitimize grassroots political movements. Discrediting Obama’s totalitarian health care plan is no exception.

As Alex Jones noted on today’s show, the man has the look of a federal agent or private mercenary.

Man With Earpiece and Handgun at Obamacare Event — Provocateur or Patriot?

Lawless explains on Franchi’s Facebook page that the earpiece is in fact hardware for a patriot radio network. “I know the guy,” Lawless writes. “There were 4 others also wearing earpieces. They do that to call each other in case of a problem. We also have something called PORC 411 here in NH.”

Porcupine 411

Youtube video: same as other link, but just in case any stop working.

YouTube - Ron Paul Patriot-2nd Amendment Advocate vs Obama's Parrot-Chris Matthews

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia

My other question is that in his youtube interview he said he didn't even know the priest and that it was the police chief that actually contacted the priest which gave him permission to be on his property. So in essence it was law enforcement themselves that mad it possible for this guy to stay. It just seems a bit fishy to me, but if you know the guy and know him to be true then maybe im just fishin.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    It would be very legal, although I'm sure it would be strongly "frowned upon", there's nothing they can do about it.

Except the fact that if the whole group moves to another state, as a member you must follow or leave the group. It's a stupid and scary kinda group, imho.

OK, my take is that it is a movement, not a group. They are helping like minded folks be elected and writing legislation for free people. Any and all states can become "Free States". We just need to organize and agree to participate to become free people with individual thought in lieu of the peoples collective thought.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Lawless" knows the guy.

What more perfect name for an undercover government operative (not saying he IS) than LAWLESS. Just one step above "Not_A_Fed" in my book. :)

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Raw Story Man arrested outside Obama event had loaded gun

So this second guy had a pocket knife, which lead the secret service to search his vehicle? I don't know N.H. law, but searching someone's vehicle over a pocket knife seems a bit extreme.

As far as the guy OC'ing, the story says the authorities told him he had to keep it OC. I'm pretty sure he was going to keep it OC anyways, but I think the guy said he has a CC permit. There they go trampling his rights.

Top Bottom