Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Next Indiana Town Hall Meeting:
    Democrat: Brad Ellsworth IN Phil Harris Golf Course IN 12:00 PM 08/18/2009
    Phil Harris Golf Course‎ - more info »
    54 NE E St, Linton, IN‎ - (812) 847-4790‎

No Town Hall Meeting for Brad. It's a Chamber of Commerce meeting that you can buy lunch & listen but questions only from Chamber of Commerce Members. Brad is not wanting to face his constituents and I heard the fowl noun used to describe his behavior :rolleyes:

chicken3~.jpg

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    i heard this guy on a few of the talk shows i listen to (mike church,andrew wilkow) he didn't even make it in a town hall meeting. he was out in the lot. seems like a good dude. there were some other guys from penn. that belong to so mma gym, that at the request of elderly people via e-mail, so up at these town hall meets, so no one will push them around (the elderly) and they can speak freely with no worries. thought that was pretty cool of those guys to do.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Just and FYI... The secret service is USSS when you are shorting it. Please do not use SS which is the incorrect term for them.

:dunno: It seemed natural to me to simply abbreviate the term that everyone uses when referring to them. For example, I've seen "AF" and "USAF" used when referring to the Air Force and on rare occasions "MC" instead of "USMC". I'm certain that you're correct that USSS is more proper but I'm not sure I understand the issue.

The only thing I can come up with is concern over someone drawing parallels to the German SS units in WWII. If that's the issue, I certainly didn't mean to make any such comparison. I am curious about what authority the Secret Service has and how they would handle a situation like we saw on the news, but I'm not attempting to say anything negative about them.

EDIT: Great minds think alike, agentl074! :D

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    DemolitionMan using "SS" typically implies SS units of Nazi Germany. I know that is not what you meant but the USSS always used the USSS to abbreviate their name. It's the proper abbreviation for their organization. Similar to what do you call when you have more than 1 LEGO brick? Is it LEGOs or LEGO bricks? The correct term is LEGO bricks. There is **NO** such thing as LEGOS.

USSS are a very dedicate group of individuals that have sworn to protect "the office" weather they like the person sitting in that office or not as well other protective service details (foreign leaders when in the US, presidential candidates, family of the president) In addition they work on money forgery as well.

You have to have some level of crAzy (for lack of a better word) to sign up for USSS duty. Think about it how many of you are willing to die for I6BO? They these men and women put 24/7 into protecting I6BO due to him being the current pres.

In terms of AF or USAF and MC vs USMC again the proper names are US.. since there are many AFs in the world.

Raberos

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    NW Indy
    Why is everyone so alarmed when they see someone carrying? It should not be a big deal. Maybe most Americans didn't grow up watching westerns like I did. The media have portrayed guns as EVIL violent illegal bad things:twocents:

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I found this interesting, though it did not answer all my questions IRT the Secret Service: United States Secret Service: Frequently Asked Questions.

Under Title 18, Section 3056, of the United States Code, agents and officers of the United States Secret Service can:

• Carry firearms
    • Execute warrants issued under the laws of the United States
    • Make arrests without warrants for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony recognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed such felony
    • Offer and pay rewards for services and information leading to the apprehension of persons involved in the violation of the law that the Secret Service is authorized to enforce
    • Investigate fraud in connection with identification documents, fraudulent commerce, fictitious instruments and foreign securities and
    • Perform other functions and duties authorized by law
    The Secret Service works closely with the United States Attorney's Office in both protective and investigative matters.
    That doesn't completely answer my question but thought I would post it in case anyone was curious.

As for USSS vs SS, I really think this is much ado about nothing. Sorry, but internet grammar arguments just don't interest me.

Last edited:

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I saw this guy being interviewed on TV, pretty interesting stuff. He seemed to have all the libertarian talking points down. Medicare is bad, Social Security is bad, income tax, tyranny, etc etc.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So anyway, I was out the other day when I got stopped by the BnB. They called in the CMs, who in turn called in the higher paid SBs. After the SBs came the Feds was called in. I gave the Feds so much crap the SS came in when I said the Resident can shove it.

See what I did there? :D IMHO IANAL but IIRC it doesn't matter how I Abbr. any LE or MILI because there's nothing they can say or do about it that matters.

And BTW, Ann Coulter is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT! Flip that long blond hair you sexy thang you....

weird.gif

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Where did you swear that oath?

We are the Presidents very own.. so the day I joined up.

And thank you Bill of Rights.. I do understand where you are coming from.

In all reality.. it is the Secret Services job to protect the POTUS.. but if I thought he was in some kind of trouble.. I would definitely try my best help out and prevent anything from happening to him. It would probably be a suicide mission getting involved knowing they wouldn't really know if you were a threat or not. So on that note.. I see your point of not wanting to get involved.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    It would probably be a suicide mission getting involved knowing they wouldn't really know if you were a threat or not. So on that note.. I see your point of not wanting to get involved.

A good chance. They will definitely be looking to see if there is more than one threat and if you come running in, gun drawn, they most likely will shoot and ask questions later.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I just came across this video about an hour ago. I mostly CC, but I do OC some of the time. This guy has brass balls and I commend him for it. It seems a bit staged though. I notice an in ear monitor in his right ear. Whats that about? It's a good story about a citizen exercising his rights, but the media automatically spins this as a gun carrying crazy at an event where the POTUS is speaking. I think the guy did well against that weasle Chris Matthews. He wouldn't take the bait of being painted as crazy. I noticed there were pleanty of people around him that felt comfortable with that sidearm. I would have been one of them.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I saw this guy being interviewed on TV, pretty interesting stuff. He seemed to have all the libertarian talking points down. Medicare is bad, Social Security is bad, income tax, tyranny, etc etc.

That would be because those things, when forced upon people whether they want them or not ARE bad things. Government is not your friend. Government is force.

And thank you Bill of Rights.. I do understand where you are coming from.

In all reality.. it is the Secret Services job to protect the POTUS.. but if I thought he was in some kind of trouble.. I would definitely try my best help out and prevent anything from happening to him. It would probably be a suicide mission getting involved knowing they wouldn't really know if you were a threat or not. So on that note.. I see your point of not wanting to get involved.

A good chance. They will definitely be looking to see if there is more than one threat and if you come running in, gun drawn, they most likely will shoot and ask questions later.

Although I did say what I did about USSS possibly thinking I was a threat and shooting me, that was sarcasm. I simply have no respect for Barry Hussein and think he both represents and is, to turn a phrase, "a clear and present danger" to the safety and security of my country and Constitution.

I make no threat to and would not participate in any action against the person of the occupant of the office of the President. I have no objection to taking action to remove the bastard (child born out of wedlock) from office, however, preferably by impeachment and disgrace.

Blessings,
    Bill

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

Who is this "we" you are talking about?

You see, when I joined the military, my oath was to defend the Constitution not the President. I did swear to obey the orders of the President "according to the regulations, and the Uniform Code of Military Justice" which is not the same thing at all.

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    You have to have some level of crAzy (for lack of a better word) to sign up for USSS duty. Think about it how many of you are willing to die for I6BO? They these men and women put 24/7 into protecting I6BO due to him being the current pres.

I wouldn't call it crazy...personally, I have wanted to be part of the USSS or State Dept DSS ever since I was a Junior in high school (which was only like 2005). It's just the way I'm wired I guess. I wouldn't have a problem putting myself in front of the man, or anyone (for the most part). I mean, I'd prefer to die knowing that I was able to save someone else from death. Call me crazy if you want. Sure, I don't agree w/ what Obama says, but, like I've always told people who ask the very same thing...

I would be there to protect THE position, not HIS positions.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I wouldn't call it crazy...personally, I have wanted to be part of the USSS or State Dept DSS ever since I was a Junior in high school (which was only like 2005). It's just the way I'm wired I guess. I wouldn't have a problem putting myself in front of the man, or anyone (for the most part). I mean, I'd prefer to die knowing that I was able to save someone else from death. Call me crazy if you want. Sure, I don't agree w/ what Obama says, but, like I've always told people who ask the very same thing...

If you plan on having a family, I'd avoid the USSS like the plague. The same goes for any fed LE. I've had personal convos with recruiters for the FBI, USSS, etc. and pretty much if you ask them about family life, they'd say "we are very family friendly with all of our benefits." But, talk to another actualy field agent and he'll tell you it's a load. The gov't moves you when they want. over 12 hour days at times. Not for me. I had the skills to apply for a fed. agency, but I also want to get to see my wife, so I dropped that idea.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    If you plan on having a family, I'd avoid the USSS like the plague. The same goes for any fed LE. I've had personal convos with recruiters for the FBI, USSS, etc. and pretty much if you ask them about family life, they'd say "we are very family friendly with all of our benefits." But, talk to another actually field agent and he'll tell you it's a load. The gov't moves you when they want. over 12 hour days at times. Not for me. I had the skills to apply for a fed. agency, but I also want to get to see my wife, so I dropped that idea.

Yeah but if you did go federal, go U.S. Marshals ;) In my opinion it's the best. We worked with quite a few deputy marshals and they loved it.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN

And to take this one step further everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Even if Obama doesn't believe that (or his actions don't show it) He still has those rights.

Top Bottom