• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Why does the media seem to have such a big problem with someone lawfully exercising their constitutional rights near a person who swore an oath to up hold the constitution?
    Nothing makes sense anymore... my head hurts.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Weapon of Mass Distraction Blog Archive The earpiece

resident Obama’s town hall meeting in Portsmouth, NH the other day with a pistol strapped to his waist, carrying a sign that carries part of the famous quotation by Thomas Jefferson, “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
    Disregarding the political food fight now raging through the blogosphere about Kostric’s right to bear arms, the incident is just the latest example in a disturbing meme that’s been fed by the major media since last November: Conservative white people are dangerous.
    Not to be too tin-foil hatty, but a number of things about this story smell wrong:
    Why did the chief of the Portsmouth P.D. personally intervene to make sure Kostric was allowed to remain at the event with his loaded gun?
    Why didn’t the Secret Service overrule the Portsmouth P.D.? (This reminds me of the campaign event in Dallas last fall where the police decided that it was taking too long to check guests entering the arena for weapons.)
    Why did Chris Matthews devote eight minutes of Hardball to an interview with Kostric — a lot of time for an unknown — instead of, say, Portsmouth’s chief of police or a spokesperson from the Secret Service?
    Who was on the other end of the wireless earpiece Kostric wore during the event?
    The media appears to be setting up the back story for something really bad.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    ...words fail me...

This trend in our society, a fear of weapons and a desire to be protected by an all-powerful government, is very, very bad.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Video of the original confrontation.

This went down WAY COOLER than I would have ever imagines. For ONE... no Secret Service butted in... two, the Chief sound(ed) like he was actively TRYING to find this guy a place to be. That, imo, was SERVICE!!!

With THIS video, it is my belief that CHIEF will be scrutinized, and pressured and whatever reason will be found or fabricated to get him OUT of power and/or disgraced.

YouTube - William Kostric's (man with gun) rational conversation with Portsmouth NH detective Corey McDonald

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No comment on above video? Wow.

Someone has now made williamkostric.com

William Kostric

MSNBC joins campaign of anti-gun bigotry

MSNBC joins campaign of anti-gun bigotry
    August 13, 8:13 AMSeattle Gun Rights ExaminerDave Workman

Any lingering doubts about the political leanings of MSNBC’s Chris Matthews were forever erased when the commentator launched a verbal assault on New Hampshire resident William Kostric, who had protested outside a “town hall meeting” in Portsmouth Tuesday while openly carrying a pistol.
    My colleague, David Codrea, writes about this incident here, complete with videos of the Matthews-Kostric on-air exchange, so I’m not going to load up this space with the same videos. CBS blogger Declan McCullagh writes about it here.
    This meeting was attended by President Barack Obama, it was a canned event with evidently only Obama supporters in the audience who threw him nothing but softball questions. The only thing missing was a faked fainting spell by a member of Obama’s audience.
    Matthews’ mouth needs to be scrubbed with Hoppe’s No. 9 and a phosphor bronze brush. The fact that he claims to have family members who belong to the National Rifle Association doesn’t mean diddly. Like an attack dog, a clearly outraged Matthews demanded to know why Kostric was “carrying a g--damned gun at a presidential event?” Perhaps we’re all lucky that Matthews did not instead choose to drop an “F” bomb into the interrogation.

...you're carrying a g--damned gun at a presidential event

Matthews is an Obama partisan, from the top of his head to his tingling leg. His rant clearly was meant to demonize Kostric, which puts the MSNBC commentator in the same league as the extremists from the Violence Policy Center and Freedom States Alliance. I wrote about their activities here.
    Now, so there is no misunderstanding: No American politician, including the president, should have any apprehension about sitting down with a legally-armed citizen, or attending a public meeting attended by citizens who are carrying firearms. Obama would be far safer in a room full of gun-toting Nebraskans, for example, then he would be walking down the street in his South Side Chicago neighborhood after dark. (When he was president, Teddy Roosevelt occasionally carried his own gun. Eleanor Roosevelt carried a gun frequently when she was First Lady.)
    After all, American gun owners are not out to hurt anyone, they merely wish to be left alone. This is a philosophy that even the so-called “conservatives” at Fox News don’t always appear to grasp. Perhaps in New York, where Fox is headquartered, it seems “reasonable” to require gun owners to get licenses, register their guns, and be subjected to all sorts of red tape nonsense simply to exercise a civil right. That’s not reasonable at all. Out here in the West, those ideas are anathema to gun owners, as they should be everywhere. One should never need permission from police or government to exercise a fundamental, individual civil right. One should never have to demonstrate a “need” to carry a firearm. It’s a right, and so long as citizens do it responsibly, it’s nobody else’s business, and if that alarms the hoplophobes, that’s just too bad. (Oh, but to sit down with Bill O’Reilly or Fox’s morning guy, Brian Kilmeade at a campfire, and explain this.)
    On the other hand, opinions seem mixed about Kostric’s performance in all of this. His choice of holsters – a “tactical” leg holster that is strapped to the thigh and hangs several inches below the belt line – might be considered a provocative and stupid way to carry a firearm at a public event featuring the president. You be the judge. Kostric admitted to Matthews he wore the gun to get attention for the right to keep and bear arms (he certainly got attention, but was it beneficial or detrimental to his cause?), but added that he carries a gun just about everywhere. Yes, he acknowledged, it was loaded.

Why would anyone want to bring a concealed handgun into a community event intended to encourage peaceful and thoughtful discussion?

VPC’s Josh Horwitz was at it again this week on the Huffington Post website, fomenting hysteria about gun rights activists as “insurrectionists” simply because some of them are also concerned about the financial quagmire being marketed by Obama and the Democrats controlling Congress as “health care reform,” when what they’re discussing apparently is not health care at all, and they’re really not “reforming” anything.
    Horwitz and others are fuming that some citizens attending “town hall” gatherings across the country to discuss health care legislation and other issues are carrying firearms. So what? Why shouldn’t it be okay for a law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm, even to a public meeting? The Horwitz crowd is paranoid about the prospect of violence, yet in none of these sessions – where tempers have visibly flared – has anybody been shot. Sort of lets the air out of their rhetoric when all of those armed citizens engage in sometimes heated debate without shedding any blood, doesn’t it?
    So far, the only thuggery appears to be the work of Obamacare supporters, which columnist Michelle Malking writes about here.

More disturbingly, there have now been confirmed reports of "Tea Partiers" carrying concealed handguns into these events after being encouraged by conservative organizers to do so.

In the midst of this taxpayer revolt, the Second Amendment Foundation has filed lawsuits against two California sheriffs, and the District of Columbia, dealing with the right to carry firearms. At the same time, SAF and the National Rifle Association are pressing separate lawsuits against the City of Chicago to undo its handgun ban
    The economy is in deep trouble, the public is raging over health care and looming higher taxes to meet the astronomical debt that this administration and this Congress have already piled up. (There's a popular movie based on a popular book called Twilight, about teen vampires in out in Forks on the Olympic Peninsula. You want to see real bloodsucking vampires, just look at the people in Congress pushing all of these bailout and health care "reform" packages. They're sucking the economic life's blood out of the next several generations, or so say the administration's growing number of critics who are attending these Town Hall meetings.) A few armed citizens exercising their right to carry seem the least of their problems right now.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fears for Barack Obama's safety as healthcare debate fuels extremism
    As storm over Barack Obama's healthcare reforms rages, surge in rightwing extremism is fanned by opponents

Fears for Barack Obama's safety as healthcare debate fuels extremism | World news | The Observer

It is NICE to see a BLACK MAN holding an Anti-Obama (even a drag out the Hitler reference) poster!! These fine US folks don't look like raging, uber-religious WHITE, male gun nuts to me! :) They look like a representative cross section of people with a pulse and at least 10% of a brain!!

obamahitlerprotesters.jpg

Link to Obama Hitler Poster
    Who Made the Obama Nazi Poster?

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    After all, American gun owners are not out to hurt anyone, they merely wish to be left alone. This is a philosophy that even the so-called “conservatives” at Fox News don’t always appear to grasp. Perhaps in New York, where Fox is headquartered, it seems “reasonable” to require gun owners to get licenses... register ... be subjected to ... nonsense simply to exercise a civil right. That’s not reasonable at all. Out here in the West, those ideas are anathema to gun owners, as they should be everywhere. One should never need permission from police or government to exercise a fundamental, individual civil right.

The idea of having to pay and/or submit fingerprints and/or submit photographs to excercise a Right is preposterous to an American.
    Yet watch what happens if you so much as broach the subject in Indiana, either in private conversation or on gun boards populated by supposed gun rights supporters.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

This went down WAY COOLER than I would have ever imagines. For ONE... no Secret Service butted in... two, the Chief sound(ed) like he was actively TRYING to find this guy a place to be. That, imo, was SERVICE!!!

With THIS video, it is my belief that CHIEF will be scrutinized, and pressured and whatever reason will be found or fabricated to get him OUT of power and/or disgraced.

YouTube - William Kostric's (man with gun) rational conversation with Portsmouth NH detective Corey McDonald

I have a comment. I just can't place said comment here. You buy the first round and I'll tell you my comments.... :D :cheers:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The idea of having to pay and/or submit fingerprints and/or submit photographs to excercise a Right is preposterous to an American.
    Yet watch what happens if you so much as broach the subject in Indiana, either in private conversation or on gun boards populated by supposed gun rights supporters.

It's not the principle that many disagree with, it's the tactics. We didn't get here overnight. We won't get back overnight either. And simply refusing to follow the program, to go ahead and carry without a license (for example) is only to make oneself into a criminal and to lose what rights one has left.

There's a time to think about philosophy and principle. And there's a time to think about tactics. And in the latter case, one has to set aside the "perfect world" scenarios, deal with that's actually out there, and think in terms of achievable short and medium term goals that help further the long term goals.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

I agree with what you said, but I'll add this as best I can without being banned or deleted...

This is why the media should be wiped out and run by the PEOPLE. Everyone fired and all new hired. Those IDIOTS in the media only care about one thing and one thing only. Money. They will do anything for it. They spin their stories to those who pay them the most. The Tea Party People, Us, we pay them nothing so they don't care about us.

I would so like to expand on that, but that's for a different venue. :cheers:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    It's not the principle that many disagree with, it's the tactics. We didn't get here overnight. We won't get back overnight either. And simply refusing to follow the program, to go ahead and carry without a license (for example) is only to make oneself into a criminal and to lose what rights one has left.

There's a time to think about philosophy and principle. And there's a time to think about tactics. And in the latter case, one has to set aside the "perfect world" scenarios, deal with that's actually out there, and think in terms of achievable short and medium term goals that help further the long term goals.

Holy ****! I hope you don't think I was advocating doing something illegal. If I was, I wouldn't be here posting about it. And I have "followed the program", both Federal and State, to the letter.
    My papers are in order, and will remain so.

Being falsely accused of advocating or participating in illegal activity, directly or by insinuation, by fellow gunowners, is one of the many things that's happened to me in the past --hence, "Watch what happens".

As far as thinking, tactics, and achievable goals, I am, (or used to), employing a strategy gleaned from everyone from John Locke (must have the support of the people, or you will be seen as a "heady malcontent") to LEOs (don't like it -- get the law changed). In order to get any law repealed, especially a gun law, one must have the overwhelming support of the people. I've seen no evidence of this.

MTC
    Life member--NRA, CCRKBA , SAF
    American Legion
    VFW
    former gun rights activist

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Holy ****! I hope you don't think I was advocating doing something illegal. If I was, I wouldn't be here posting about it. And I have "followed the program", both Federal and State, to the letter.
    My papers are in order, and will remain so.

Being accused of advocating or participating in illegal activity, directly or by insinuation, from fellow gunowners, is one of the many things that's happened to me in the past --hence, "Watch what happens".

As far as thinking, tactics, and acheivable goals, I am, (or used to), employing a strategy gleaned from everyone from John Locke (must have the support of the people, or you will be seen as a "heady malcontent") to LEOs (don't like it -- get the law changed). In order to get any law repealed, especially a gun law, one must have the overwhelming support of the people. I've seen no evidence of this.

MTC
    Life member--NRA, CCRKBA , SAF
    American Legion
    VFW
    former gun rights activist

Okay, I'll take you at your word that what you meant wasn't what your post sounded like to me.

As for "overwhelming support of the people" I refer you to Samuel Adams (in many ways the architect of the American Revolution):

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather, a tireless, irate minority keen to set brush-fires of freedom in the minds of men.

There was no "overwhelming support of the people" at the time of the Revolution and certainly not in the lead-up to it. There were instead, "a tireless, irate minority keen to set brush-fires of freedom in the minds of men."

History can be a wonderful thing.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Okay, I'll take you at your word that what you meant wasn't what your post sounded like to me.

Um, thanks, I guess. I have a lot of faults, but ingratitude isn't one of them. And I'll work on the communication skills. If we ever meet, you will know immediately that trust is the most important thing to me.
    ..."that no piece of paper can hold."

I'm well aware of History. And Sociology. Studied it so much informally and in the lecture hall I almost majored in it.

Thanks for keeping it civil.

Top Bottom