• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    You might note that none of the long gun open carry events resulted in a panic. Nobody panicked in Target. Nobody panicked in Sonic. Or Chilis. Or Kroger. Or Starbucks.

The only people panicking here are the gun butters.

I didn't see this before, sorry.

While it didn't cause panic, it did get a crap ton of negative media attention.

The media is, and always will, get more viewers then us. So the idea is to stay low key. Local activism to sway minds, so when mainstream tries, they know better.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    yup sorry, that wasn't you. You did say, "Common sense dictates not to do it" which seems pretty unequivocal.

Again, you're taking this out of context.

Common sense dictates not to do it, while confronting people that fear guns, while performing constitutional activism. Which as I've said numerous times before why not to, but I'll say it again.

You don't sway the minds of people, in your favor, whilst you're currently scaring the **** out of them.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Again, you're taking this out of context.

Common sense dictates not to do it, while confronting people that fear guns, while performing constitutional activism. Which as I've said numerous times before why not to, but I'll say it again.

You don't sway the minds of people, in your favor, whilst you're currently scaring the **** out of them.

It's not fear. It's anger and hypocrisy.

You're playing right into their hands by accepting their premises.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    It's not fear. It's anger and hypocrisy.

You're playing right into their hands by accepting their premises.

The only angry hypocrites are the politicians pushing for gun control. They do so to get votes.

The vast majority of people that have never handled or been around firearms before, aren't angry at them, they fear them, because they are fed biased lies by mainstream media.

It's this fear you have to overcome, and you don't do it by cramming their fear in their face, while telling them it's legal to do so.

You invite them to an appleseed, or gunclub event, etc..

Let them see for themselves there's another aspect to firearms other then what mainstream media feeds them. Then, and only then will they see for themselves that they aren't the evil black guns that media portrays them to be.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The only angry hypocrites are the politicians pushing for gun control. They do so to get votes.

The vast majority of people that have never handled or been around firearms before, aren't angry at them, they fear them, because they are fed biased lies by mainstream media.

It's this fear you have to overcome, and you don't do it by cramming their fear in their face, while telling them it's legal to do so.

You invite them to an appleseed, or gunclub event, etc..

Let them see for themselves there's another aspect to firearms other then what mainstream media feeds them. Then, and only then will they see for themselves that they aren't the evil black guns that media portrays them to be.

No, that's ignorance, and that's not the Demanding Moms.

You're arguing from their perspective, using their loaded language ("cramming their fear in their face"). Nobody's doing that.

I open carry a handgun in the grocery store (and many other places). Don't you think the people who see me in there week after week probably have figured out by now that my gun isn't going to jump out and start shooting at them-and that your rhetoric is misguided? Don't you think they're more likely to come to that realization after seeing me than they are to accept an invitation to a shooting event from a total stranger?

You're either playing into their hands or already on their side.

Please, don't be a gun butter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Apparently, even someone at the Indy Star has figured out that MDA doesn't make any sense:

A gun ban at Kroger? Let's get real

Is that the hoofbeats of the four horsemen of the apocalypse? Must be if IndyStar is agreeing with US. :faint:
    Well...kind of agreeing with us. At least they did on the how stupid it is to think banning guns would ban all guns but they made sure to open and close the article by lobbing a few insults towards OCers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well...kind of agreeing with us. At least they did on the how stupid it is to think banning guns would ban all guns but they made sure to open and close the article by lobbing a few insults towards OCers.
    You're one of those guys that always sees the gloomy cloud and no silver lining type guys aintcha?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You're one of those guys that always sees the gloomy cloud and no silver lining type guys aintcha?

Clouds have silver linings?

Huh...

Yeah, I know. They have to play "objective" and all...the author probably didn't what-her-face to drive out of Zionsville and have one of her armed thug-bodyguards break his knee caps so he through in a couple cheap shots to show how fair and balanced he is. :D

Top Bottom