• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because of the type of people they were...you do realize that according to DHS, I am a terrorist in spite of my criminal activities being limited to traffic violations? So, should I consider it a reasonable expectation to suppose that Lon and I may find ourselves trading lead some day? If so, should I consider it right and proper because I am not a good little sheep and ingest their narrative? After all, when any ONE of being a veteran (which I am not), supporting adherence to the Constitution, supporting the Second Amendment, opposing illegal immigration, opposing abortion, or believing in the Second Coming of Christ (all the remainder of which apply) makes you a terrorist per DHS official documents.

The idea of summary execution for holding politically incorrect beliefs doesn't disturb you, especially given that what constitutes politically incorrect can be, well, fluid?

Where is this explicitly stated? I've seen reference to those DHS documents on several occasions. I have never viewed it in the way you, and many others have. Truth be told, I think coming to such a conclusion is disingenuous and indicative of paranoia, if one actually believes it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember what I asked quite clearly.

that an innocent man (Kevin Harris) was shot the day following a lawful self defense action, as determined by an Idaho jury.

Not sure if srs or don't know the Ruby Ridge Story. Harris was not protecting self when he shot the agent. He was protecting the Jr. Weaver, after Jr. Weaver engaged the agent that shot Jr Weaver's dog.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Not sure if srs or don't know the Ruby Ridge Story. Harris was not protecting self when he shot the agent. He was protecting the Jr. Weaver, after Jr. Weaver engaged the agent that shot Jr Weaver's dog.

Can't tell if you are being for real, or just being idk..

NY TIMES said:
    Essentially, the jury found that Mr. Harris and Mr. Weaver acted in self-defense in the shooting death of Deputy Federal Marshal William Degan on Aug. 21.

from Rebuking the U.S., Jury Acquits 2 In Marshal's Killing in Idaho Siege - NYTimes.com

Among other sources, grabbed one that you "may" "believe". Not to mention his Senate Judiciary Committee testimony.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Actually, Harris said that he shot the agent in response to the agent opening fire on Sammy as Sammy was running away.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Where is this explicitly stated? I've seen reference to those DHS documents on several occasions. I have never viewed it in the way you, and many others have. Truth be told, I think coming to such a conclusion is disingenuous and indicative of paranoia, if one actually believes it.

I can't lay my hands on the document right now. It got packed away during the last move. In any event, there is a good sized paragraph dedicated to this very topic, mostly made up of the list of conservative causes which establish a person to be of a terroristic nature. The only way they could have been any more explicit in my case would be to have named me personally by name.

Young Weaver reacts to being fired upon by an unknown person so far out in the damned woods that you find the place by following the pipeline they use to pipe in their sunlight and you expect him to do exactly what? You hold him responsible for the predictable response? Because that motherf*cking murderer was in his woods setting up to have a field day, he should have just been a good victim?

I understand that you have a problem with the Weavers and their worldview. I am, however, concerned that you seem to avoid the fact that the freedoms of expression found in the First Amendment are all predicated upon the freedom of though, which ultimately devolves into the right to be wrong (your mileage about what constitutes 'wrong' may vary), and avoid the fact that the actions taken are tantamount to summary execution for 'wrong' thinking.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unfortunately for you my "spin," as you call is GTG.... evidenced by fact that none of the agents involved received any jail time. And yes, the rules of engagement were ridiculous, however, the fact that the person LH was shooting at was armed, which has been cited countless times since the incident probably, just maybe, played a hand in him staying out of prison. Not disingenuous, just the way it is. Write a missive to Capitol Hill and complain to them....not me.

Hi, Kut. Not sure if you were seeking a realtime give and take but full disclosure - I work 0400 (sometimes earlier, customer driven) until 1400 to 1500 or sometimes later (also customer driven) and when I get home I nap because I don't get enough sleep at night (or if I did would have no interaction with my family). But I'm back!

Referencing your post #70: Horiuchi was shooting at Harris (who was armed), as Harris entered the cabin. He struck Harris, and killed Weaver with the same round.

I believe you have this ordered backwards, Horiuchi killed Vicki Weaver (first) and struck Harris. Harris was struck by bullet and bone fragments after the round exited Vicki Weaver's head

"Following the conclusion of the trial of Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris in 1993, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) created a "Ruby Ridge Task Force" to investigate allegations made by Weaver's defense attorney Gerry Spence. On June 10, 1994, the Task Force delivered its 542-page report to the DOJ Office of Professional Responsibility. The Report stated: "With regard to the two shots fired on August 22, we concluded that the first shot met the standard of 'objective reasonableness' the Constitution requires for the legal use of deadly force but that the second shot did not satisfy that standard.
    The surviving members of the Weaver family received $3.1M in 1995 to settle their civil suit brought against the U.S. government for wrongful deaths of Sammy and Vicki Weaver. In the out-of-court settlement, the government did not admit any wrongdoing. Harris received $380,000 in 2000."

Manslaughter Charge

"In 1997, Boundary County, Idaho Prosecutor Denise Woodbury, with the help of special prosecutor Stephen Yagman, charged Horiuchi in state court with involuntary manslaughter over his killing of Vicki Weaver. The U.S. Attorney filed a notice of removal of the case to federal court, which automatically took effect under the statute for removal jurisdiction where the case was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge on May 14, 1998, who cited the supremacy clause of the Constitution which grants immunity to federal officers acting in the scope of their employment.
    The decision to dismiss the charges was reversed by an en banc panel of the Ninth Circuit, which held that enough uncertainty about the facts of the case existed for Horiuchi to stand trial on state manslaughter charges. Ultimately, the then-sitting Boundary County prosecutor, Brett Benson, who had defeated Woodbury in the 2000 election, decided to drop the charges because he felt it was unlikely the state could prove the case and too much time had passed. Yagman, the special prosecutor, responded that he "could not disagree more with this decision than I do."
    The Ninth Circuit granted Boundary County's motion to dismiss the case against Horiuchi on September 14, 2001."

Referencing the assertion that Lon not doing any time is significant to whether he is guilty or innocent, that sounds like a Mafia defense - "Many arrests, no convictions". When and if Hitlery is indicted but likely does no time I will expect you to be shouting her innocence from the streetcorners lol.

I know that there is one judgement he cannot escape, may it happen soon

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

"Sammy and Harris followed the dog Striker on foot through the woods while Randy also on foot took a separate logging trail. Vicki, Sara, Rachel, and baby Elisheba remained at the cabin, at first appearing anxious to the OP team, but later appearing relaxed. Randy encountered the marshals at the "Y"; Roderick claimed to have yelled, "Back off! U.S. Marshal!" upon sighting Weaver, and Cooper said he had shouted, "Stop! U.S. Marshal!" Later statements by Roderick, Cooper and Randy agreed that Randy responded by cursing and retreating from the marshals. About a minute later the dog and the boys came out of the woods and a firefight erupted between the marshals and Sammy and Harris.
    In the firefight, Deputy Marshal Roderick shot and killed Weaver's dog and Samuel Weaver returned fire at Roderick. After the Federal agents began firing, 14-year-old Samuel Weaver was killed by a shot to the back while retreating, and Deputy Marshal Degan was shot and killed by Harris.The bullet that killed Sammy was shot by Larry Cooper.​"
    The ballistics report showed that nineteen rounds were fired. Art Roderick fired one shot from an M16A1, Sammy Weaver fired three rounds from a .223 Ruger Mini-14, Bill Degan fired seven rounds from an M-16 while moving at least 21 feet, Larry Cooper fired six rounds from a 9mm Colt submachinegun, and Kevin Harris fired two rounds from a .30-06 M1917 Enfield Rifle."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Source: 72 Types Of Americans That Are Considered ?Potential Terrorists? In Official Government Documents

In the original source each enumerated 'extremist' behavior is a hot link to the original source documents. There may be a pay wall in the way. Not sure TL;DR but in righthand column it does look like docs can be downloaded from supporting sources

Below is a list of 72 types of Americans that are considered to be “extremists” and “potential terrorists” in official U.S. government documents. To see the original source document for each point, just click on the link. As you can see, this list covers most of the country…
    1. Those that talk about “individual liberties”
    2. Those that advocate for states’ rights
    3. Those that want “to make the world a better place”
    4. “The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule”
    5. Those that are interested in “defeating the Communists”
    6. Those that believe “that the interests of one’s own nation are separate from the interests of other nations or the common interest of all nations”
    7. Anyone that holds a “political ideology that considers the state to be unnecessary, harmful,or undesirable”
    8. Anyone that possesses an “intolerance toward other religions”
    9. Those that “take action to fight against the exploitation of the environment and/or animals”
    10. “Anti-Gay”
    11. “Anti-Immigrant”
    12. “Anti-Muslim”
    13. “The Patriot Movement”
    14. “Opposition to equal rights for gays and lesbians”
    15. Members of the Family Research Council
    16. Members of the American Family Association
    17. Those that believe that Mexico, Canada and the United States “are secretly planning to merge into a European Union-like entity that will be known as the ‘North American Union’”
    18. Members of the American Border Patrol/American Patrol
    19. Members of the Federation for American Immigration Reform
    20. Members of the Tennessee Freedom Coalition
    21. Members of the Christian Action Network
    22. Anyone that is “opposed to the New World Order”
    23. Anyone that is engaged in “conspiracy theorizing”
    24. Anyone that is opposed to Agenda 21
    25. Anyone that is concerned about FEMA camps
    26. Anyone that “fears impending gun control or weapons confiscations”
    27. The militia movement
    28. The sovereign citizen movement
    29. Those that “don’t think they should have to pay taxes”
    30. Anyone that “complains about bias”
    31. Anyone that “believes in government conspiracies to the point of paranoia”
    32. Anyone that “is frustrated with mainstream ideologies”
    33. Anyone that “visits extremist websites/blogs”
    34. Anyone that “establishes website/blog to display extremist views”
    35. Anyone that “attends rallies for extremist causes”
    36. Anyone that “exhibits extreme religious intolerance”
    37. Anyone that “is personally connected with a grievance”
    38. Anyone that “suddenly acquires weapons”
    39. Anyone that “organizes protests inspired by extremist ideology”
    40. “Militia or unorganized militia”
    41. “General right-wing extremist”
    42. Citizens that have “bumper stickers” that are patriotic or anti-U.N.
    43. Those that refer to an “Army of God”
    44. Those that are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”
    45. Those that are “anti-global”
    46. Those that are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”
    47. Those that are “reverent of individual liberty”
    48. Those that “believe in conspiracy theories”
    49. Those that have “a belief that one’s personal and/or national ‘way of life’ is under attack”
    50. Those that possess “a belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism”
    51. Those that would “impose strict religious tenets or laws on society (fundamentalists)”
    52. Those that would “insert religion into the political sphere”
    53. Anyone that would “seek to politicize religion”
    54. Those that have “supported political movements for autonomy”
    55. Anyone that is “anti-abortion”
    56. Anyone that is “anti-Catholic”
    57. Anyone that is “anti-nuclear”
    58. “Rightwing extremists”
    59. “Returning veterans”
    60. Those concerned about “illegal immigration”
    61. Those that “believe in the right to bear arms”
    62. Anyone that is engaged in “ammunition stockpiling”
    63. Anyone that exhibits “fear of Communist regimes”
    64. “Anti-abortion activists”
    65. Those that are against illegal immigration
    66. Those that talk about “the New World Order” in a “derogatory” manner
    67. Those that have a negative view of the United Nations
    68. Those that are opposed “to the collection of federal income taxes”
    69. Those that supported former presidential candidates Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr
    70. Those that display the Gadsden Flag (“Don’t Tread On Me”)
    71. Those that believe in “end times” prophecies
    72. Evangelical Christians

The groups of people in the list above are considered “problems” that need to be dealt with. In some of the documents referenced above, members of the military are specifically warned not to have anything to do with such groups.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The feds just yelled "Be a man" at them via bullhorn. Are they trying to escalate this?

They said there are four people there. Sounds like one woman and three men.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The feds just yelled "Be a man" at them via bullhorn. Are they trying to escalate this?

They said there are four people there. Sounds like one woman and three men.
    I heard that too. The woman seems pretty adamant about not being taken into custody too. Not sure what's happening with the Reverend.

Top Bottom