• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Wish I could get a better listen at what the FBI is saying to them. I can barely hear it droning in the background, can't tell what's being said.

The woman on the phone is doing her best. Every time they get riled up she calls them to prayer. Seems to be working for now.

EDIT: Seems like the holdouts are catching on to that tactic.

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    The protesters are getting really worn down. This is a disaster.

I think their occupation of the property was a stupid move to begin with, but as an uneducated listener, it sounds like the law on the scene is pushing the protesters, hoping for violence.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, I think I know how it's going to go down the next time.

While most non-ranchers seem not to get it, when the feds 'negotiate' like this (and have been for decades):

[video=youtube;qd8hy032uLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd8hy032uLc[/video]

eventually, things get messy.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well, I think I know how it's going to go down the next time.

While most non-ranchers seem not to get it, when the feds 'negotiate' like this (and have been for decades):

eventually, things get messy.

That's not entirely accurate. Read the book "Stalling for Time" by former FBI agent Gary Noesner. He was a negotiator for 23 years and eventually became Chief Negotiator. Ruby Ridge was a mess and they tried to fix mistakes they made. Waco started off much better, but there was still a disconnect between tactical and negotiations teams. While negotiations was working to get children out, tactical teams were buzzing the compound with helicopters and armored vehicles were doing donuts on Koresh's vehicle. The left hand was doing one thing and the right hand was doing another. People were starting to leave the compound but tactical pressure started to cause problems that undermined negotiations. After that turned out to be another mess, Freeh took over and gave Noesner whatever he needed to accomplish things peacefully. The Republic of Texas incident was a great example of peaceful negotiations which ended well. Even this situation, which is standing at 40 days and counting, has only been violent when Finicum reached for a gun multiple times. Nobody has moved in or fired shots on anybody else involved. Things have changed since the early 90s where federal government negotiations are concerned.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's not entirely accurate. Read the book "Stalling for Time" by former FBI agent Gary Noesner. He was a negotiator for 23 years and eventually became Chief Negotiator. Ruby Ridge was a mess and they tried to fix mistakes they made. Waco started off much better, but there was still a disconnect between tactical and negotiations teams. While negotiations was working to get children out, tactical teams were buzzing the compound with helicopters and armored vehicles were doing donuts on Koresh's vehicle. The left hand was doing one thing and the right hand was doing another. People were starting to leave the compound but tactical pressure started to cause problems that undermined negotiations. After that turned out to be another mess, Freeh took over and gave Noesner whatever he needed to accomplish things peacefully. The Republic of Texas incident was a great example of peaceful negotiations which ended well. Even this situation, which is standing at 40 days and counting, has only been violent when Finicum reached for a gun multiple times. Nobody has moved in or fired shots on anybody else involved. Things have changed since the early 90s where federal government negotiations are concerned.

I would consider this true within the narrow context of making an attempt to arrest people without killing them, and specifically excluding any effort to address the actual problem(s).

Another problem: I will believe that the federal government is behaving as an honest participant the day I see Lon Horiuchi swinging from a five-stranded hemp rope administered by the federal government and not an instant sooner. One's morality is defined to a large extent by what is condoned.

Top Bottom