• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCDPA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Hmmmmm. Odds of winning are 175million to 1? I'd say we all pitch in, buy all the possible ticket numbers, and split the $640million. Here's my $1 to get us started.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Getting gas before the Iran strike on Sunday. I watched several people spending $100 on mega millions tickets. Honestly that could have been the down payment for the cars I watched them leave in.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Technically it's a good bet because it will pay about 2:1 on the odds. When it is at $30mil it pays like 1:10 against the odds and a terrible wager. Any gamblers want to refine and expand my comments?

The jackpot is $640M now, which is 7 to 2 in Vegas odds in relation to the 176M to 1 odds of winning. The scale is so large that it doesn't really matter, but it is a good bet. Let's say we wagered a dollar on the flip of a coin. If it comes up tails, you owe me $1. If it comes up heads though, I owe you $3.50. The actual odds of the coin coming up heads remain unchanged (heads is not any more likely to come up), but the amount you stand to gain has made this a good bet for you. After 100 flips, you should be significantly ahead of me in the cash department. Like I said though, you're only talking about 1 "flip" with the lottery and probabilities in the hundreds of millions so the odds of actually matching all the numbers are still insanely high. It's still a good bet for a buck.

I'm no math major, so I could be wrong. But, this is my understanding of gambling.

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm in.

I bought ten tickets Wednesday, and I joined a work pool; $2 x 20 is 40 chances. It is a tax on people who can't do math, but I can count the number of tickets I've bought in my life on one hand. Of course my odds aren't good, but I'm having fun so I figure "what the hell? "!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ok. I'm announcing this, partly out of generosity, partly hoping for good ju-ju. I will give every member that is logged in to INGO right NOW $10,000 if I win the Mega Millions jackpot tonight. I took a picture of the names that are currently logged on. Good luck! 37 minutes and counting!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Ok. I'm announcing this, partly out of generosity, partly hoping for good ju-ju. I will give every member that is logged in to INGO right NOW $10,000. I took a picture of the names that are currently logged on. Good luck! 37 minutes and counting!

Woo Hoo!!

We're up to 25 people and 250 picks in our office pool.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ok. I'm announcing this, partly out of generosity, partly hoping for good ju-ju. I will give every member that is logged in to INGO right NOW $10,000. I took a picture of the names that are currently logged on. Good luck! 37 minutes and counting!

I like your attitude. Save that picture, it will be my criteria also, but you get $50,000 because it was your idea.:D

Top Bottom