• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The lottery is supported massively by people on government assistance programs, that is the issue with poor zip codes selling a lot of tickets. Should you be able to gamble with money obtained via welfare handouts?

The American dream used to be hard work over time yielding success. Now it's hitting the lottery. Intentional dumbing down of society by politicians who want you to think your only chance in life comes from .... GOVERNMENT lottery tickets bought with government handouts. *sigh*

Lots of stats of people's lives being ruined or dying within a year or two of winning the lottery. Sudden unearned extreme wealth is rarely a blessing

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Keep in mind...the losing lottery ticket from last week is only slightly less likely to win this week than the new one you just bought.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah...yeah...yeah...I bought one any way. With the dissolution of pensions, hit-and-miss with 401K gains, and the likelihood of SS going down the tubes all before I can reach retirement...I'm about half-way serious when I kid with people by saying hitting the lottery will be the only way I'll probably ever be able to afford to retire.:)

As crappy as your odds are of winning if you buy a ticket, they're infinitly worse if don't buy one at all.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Yeah...yeah...yeah...I bought one any way. With the dissolution of pensions, hit-and-miss with 401K gains, and the likelihood of SS going down the tubes all before I can reach retirement...I'm about half-way serious when I kid with people by saying hitting the lottery will be the only way I'll probably ever be able to afford to retire.:)

As crappy as your odds are of winning if you buy a ticket, they're infinitly worse if don't buy one at all.

What he said! :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The lottery is supported massively by people on government assistance programs, that is the issue with poor zip codes selling a lot of tickets. Should you be able to gamble with money obtained via welfare handouts?

Lots of stats of people's lives being ruined or dying within a year or two of winning the lottery. Sudden unearned extreme wealth is rarely a blessing

1st...of course not. Those people should not be allowed to buy alcohol either but hey, they do.

2nd...it is the person not the money. Have a plan and use it. If someone on here wins..Yahoo....if I do, I will give quit a bit to charity. Live large on whats left.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    [flame suit on] The Lottery is the only fair way to get tax money out of the poor. Why should they get away with not paying taxes like the rest of us do?

I'm in a pool. You guys keep buying tickets please. We already have the winner. :rockwoot:

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ok I bought one. My flesh is itching.

Odds of winning: About 1 in 176 million.
    Your are about 100 times more likely to die of a flesh-eating bacteria than you are to win the lottery.
    Source: NPR News

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It would take most of us a lifetime to spend all that money. The government.....not quite as long.
    536142_10151434334965462_41817485461_23370165_497489223_n.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    For any "lotto is a waste of a dollar" folks out there, Silver Express on W. 10th in Indy is giving away free tickets until 12:30pm. A free shot at $540M, now shut up. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom