• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    For any "lotto is a waste of a dollar" folks out there, Silver Express on W. 10th in Indy is giving away free tickets until 12:30pm. A free shot at $540M, now shut up. :rockwoot:

interesting, a $1 loss leader to get people to come in and buy a pack of cigarettes and coke. Not a bad advertising idea.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    If I win the 1/2 BILLION dollar Mega Millions jackpot I'm going to build the largest and best firearms training facility on Earth... right here in Hamilton County! Complete with runway, hotel, flight school, tortoise rescue, giraffe petting area, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader training center, (I gotta clear that one with Donna, but I think she will be too busy taking the G5 to Paris for shopping to care.) and a canal from here up to Lake Michigan so I don't have to tow the yacht so far with my new Peterbuilt SUV.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I've already placed an order on a G6. I need global reach on my BOV

The guy that does custom conversions says a Rolls Royce pick up truck is not a problem and six wheel drive is not an engineering impossiblity.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Definitely grabbed a few tickets. I always did like to gamble :D

So here's a random thought...the odds of winning are the jackpot are around 1/176 million right? So logically couldn't someone with 176 million sitting around actually buy every combination and win? with the Jackpot the way it is that would actually work out to a profit....

Good luck with filling out 176 million tickets though.

Last edited:

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So here's a random thought...the odds of winning are the jackpot are around 1/176 million right? So logically couldn't someone with 176 million sitting around actually buy every combination and win? with the Jackpot the way it is that would actually work out to a profit....

Technically, yes they could. BUT, what if there are multiple winners? If 4 people hit, assuming you are one, you would lose, and lose BIG. Don't forget to take the taxes into account as well.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Technically, yes they could. BUT, what if there are multiple winners? If 4 people hit, assuming you are one, you would lose, and lose BIG. Don't forget to take the taxes into account as well.

Don't forget all the smaller $$ that you will hit.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    640 million. Half for the cash option leaves you 320 million, taxes take another half leaving you with 160 million. I could give 100 people a million or 1000 people $100,000 and still have 60 million for my self.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I went in with 4 other guys at work for $5 each to get some tickets. Figure we got more entertainment day dreaming about what we'd do with the money than we'd get out of a movie ticket.

For instance, one guy found a 16,000 acre island in Chile and the discussion ensued about getting machine guns to shoot there and how the gun laws are down there.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

Been done, consortium out of Australia did it in the 1990's. I remember seeing a program on this or another group. They hired over a hundred people to buy tickets or something. A quirk in the law required them to fill out the scantron tickets by hand.

Group Invests $5 Million To Hedge Bets in Lottery - New York Times

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I threw $10 into the kitty with 19 other people at work. There's only ~50 of us total, so there are going to be some people picking up serious slack for a while if we hit it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For any "lotto is a waste of a dollar" folks out there, Silver Express on W. 10th in Indy is giving away free tickets until 12:30pm. A free shot at $540M, now shut up. :rockwoot:

Knew I liked you for a reason.

For those who think this wrong for any reason, read the posts. In these days of crap A$$ over bearing crooked politics and white collar thieve's it is nice to just imagine being able to do as you want if only in a day dream. I play the lotto. I have no mis-conceptions of winning. Its my $5.00 and I work as hard or harder for it than anyone else. For those same people, loosen up, enjoy the thread if only for a laugh. If that ain't good enough for ya, bite me and shut the %^*& up
    I am no tool or fool. I made it this far, I am good for the rest of the journey.

Enjoy

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    640 million. Half for the cash option leaves you 320 million, taxes take another half leaving you with 160 million. I could give 100 people a million or 1000 people $100,000 and still have 60 million for my self.

Usually works out closer to 60% of the total to be cash pay out. Gambling tax is. 31% when you add state and fed together. Just to be clear.

Top Bottom