Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    THANKS!

:yesway:
    Bring your friends back next week, I spent most of the day swapping out a motor on the north house and installed a new relay in the south trap. Both are working great now! I to had a hoot on the round when the relay broke! I think it was good practice not knowing where or exactly when the bird would fly. Like you said, after the second time of unloading and making safe so we could go to the trap house got a little annoying. Just letting them fly was fun. It was almost like shooting 'doubles' only they didn't fly at the same time. There are a lot of other games involving clay targets, and maybe we could figure out how to organize what we did and do it on purpose sometime. Any ideas for a name?

Thanks very much for tuning up the trap houses--we'll be there!

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    :yesway: It took a little while but I think things are running about very smooth. Thanks to the Watsons for helping setup, tear down, and load birds and to J.D. for manning the desk when it was getting hectic. I think we will be able to handle much bigger crowds and they will be able to shoot as many rounds as they want. Last Thursday more than a dozen squads shot and we still closed up a little after 9 and were driving out by 10PM. It's much easier with both houses up and running and volunteers keeping things moving. Thanks everyone! :):

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I shot a lot of handgun and rife, but just had a shotgun come into my life, first time trap shooters welcome? Don't wanna waste time but i would love to get into this.

YES. Please come. As Mark stated in the Opening post, plenty of people to help you. I would recommend shotgun shells with number 8 Shot. Walmart has the best prices on four packs of target loads. If you do come please look me up and say HI. I'll be easy to spot: the only good looking guy with a natural TAN. :D

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Be There!

I shot a lot of handgun and rife, but just had a shotgun come into my life, first time trap shooters welcome? Don't wanna waste time but i would love to get into this.

Heck yeah, come on out! Trapshooters are a friendly and helpful breed of enthusiasts. Cary's out of town on business, but I'm bringing two other shooting friends this Thursday.

What do we do if it rains? Is it OK to get my new baby wet if I dry and lube right away?

Also, what's up with "four packs" of #8 target loads at WalMart? I've been paying ~$7.59/box. saving hulls to reload eventually (I'm cheap, since the BPS Trap makes it easy for a lefty) but I'd be happy to pay less :)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Best if you buy in 10 box lots is Remington Gun Clubs at Dicks. 5.98 per box and One Dollar Off mail in rebate (up to 100 boxes) so 4.98 per box. Wal-Mart Winchester 4 packs $19.95 - 24.95 depending on the store. Also at Wal-Mart various gameloads in 7 and 8 shot (gameload = more recoil); I've seem some as low as 4.50 per box. If you want the deal you have to smell them out ...

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Heck yeah, come on out! Trapshooters are a friendly and helpful breed of enthusiasts. Cary's out of town on business, but I'm bringing two other shooting friends this Thursday.

What do we do if it rains? Is it OK to get my new baby wet if I dry and lube right away?

Also, what's up with "four packs" of #8 target loads at WalMart? I've been paying ~$7.59/box. saving hulls to reload eventually (I'm cheap, since the BPS Trap makes it easy for a lefty) but I'd be happy to pay less :)
    It's not NASCAR, we shoot in the rain. However, rather than spending the extra time cleaning our guns good after shooting in the rain, most of us prefer to shoot under the awning. It's about a 26 - 27 yd. shot, but it a lot of fun. A little rain or drizzle we'll shoot on the field. - Mark

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Do you guys have any money rounds? Calcutta? Just curious I used to do quite a bit of trap shooting, but haven't for a while.

If we have enough takers we will shoot a 50 target program and sometimes a Piece & Protect, however we don't have a Calcutta on the money shoots.

Top Bottom