• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Beautiful. From LL Beans .. wife always gets me the good stuff. Next time I'll wear a pair of long johns for the legs. Nothing Like shooting on a snow cover field with a Full Moon above.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    I am sure glad we shot the remaining white birds in the trap up on the first round, they were a bit hard to see in the snow, even with the lights on. The orange worked out so much better.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    You be there Thursday SingleSix? I'm trying out a new load, you may want to stand back, HaHa!

I don't know .. temp going to be in the 30s .. you know I don't like shooting in warm weather. :):

Yeah I'll be there .... I may even change back to my BT-99 ... you know it can't be the shooter .. it has to be the gun. ;)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Going to be late Thursday due to some family matters out of town. But we'll be there ... someone has to get the fireplace going ... looks like we need it Thursday.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Glad we loaded the north trap house last week. All we'll have to do is drop the door, plug in the calls and we're off and shooting. We'll wait for SingleSix to get that fireplace going! See Ya...

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    :rockwoot:Thank you Emil. His plowing expertise made 12" of snow on the trap fields turn into a Spring shoot. It was a bit nippy when the sun went down, but we had fun anyway. :yesway:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Cold it wasn't cold! Just look at what my son found hanging from the Clubhouse Roof. Now if it was cold that icicle would be at least 6 Feet.
    sonice.jpg
    sonice.jpg

sonice.jpg

Big thanks to Emil for plowing the parking area also. Not only helped the Trapshooters but anyone else that will use the range.
    sonice.jpg

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Two Thumbs Up for MCF&G Thu. Night Trap

Ya-hooey it was cold! Thanks to the guys who stuck around late answering noobie questions. I did end up snagging a Browning BPS Trap on GunBroker.com (seller DiscountGunner.com, Lexington, KY) so hopefully that goes OK and I have it next week... Damn left-eyed, left-handed curse! ;)

Anybody who's "on the fence" about giving trapshooting a try, I can't encourage you enough to come on out to MCF&G on Thursdays. This is a super laid-back, unpretentious, and helpful bunch of guys. Just be warned: trapshooting can be habit-forming!

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    What a great time tonight! Invited a couple friends over and the regulars were so friendly and helpful... Shot my first "real" string and didn't embarass myself too bad, got pointers on both technique and my new shotgun (Browning BPS Trap--good for leftys) and even saw how a laid-back bunch can make it even more fun when things don't go perfectly...

Explanation: Almost ten shots into my second string I set up and was ready to call for the bird when here it came... I thought "Well, OK, I waited too long and he launched one accidentally" then another--and another. The look on my face must have been hilarious! The guys made a couple tries to fix the overenthusiastic machinery, but when we determined the birds were just going to keep coming, well, we just started all blasting away! I think we invented a new trap game, "Crazy Trap!" Big fun, big laughs... I'll be back many times, and so will my friends :)

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Crazy Trap

I was in that squad and I could hear my autoloader (Browning Gold Sporting Clays) pleading for a full magazine. The last squad was like the grand finale of afireworks display. Big fun!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    What was unsafe about not calling "our" birds? I thought it was a night of good safety awareness training. I personally had to unload live chambered rounds twice when the equipment acted up when it was my turn to shoot and guys went out to work in the trap house. I even left my gun "on safe" accidentally when resuming once LOL.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    No I meant that we shot the same bird .. nothing unsafe. The safety part was about us only loading one shell at a time. We all were very safe and had a great time. LOL

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    What a great time tonight! Invited a couple friends over and the regulars were so friendly and helpful... Shot my first "real" string and didn't embarass myself too bad, got pointers on both technique and my new shotgun (Browning BPS Trap--good for leftys) and even saw how a laid-back bunch can make it even more fun when things don't go perfectly...

Explanation: Almost ten shots into my second string I set up and was ready to call for the bird when here it came... I thought "Well, OK, I waited too long and he launched one accidentally" then another--and another. The look on my face must have been hilarious! The guys made a couple tries to fix the overenthusiastic machinery, but when we determined the birds were just going to keep coming, well, we just started all blasting away! I think we invented a new trap game, "Crazy Trap!" Big fun, big laughs... I'll be back many times, and so will my friends :)
    Bring your friends back next week, I spent most of the day swapping out a motor on the north house and installed a new relay in the south trap. Both are working great now! I to had a hoot on the round when the relay broke! I think it was good practice not knowing where or exactly when the bird would fly. Like you said, after the second time of unloading and making safe so we could go to the trap house got a little annoying. Just letting them fly was fun. It was almost like shooting 'doubles' only they didn't fly at the same time. There are a lot of other games involving clay targets, and maybe we could figure out how to organize what we did and do it on purpose sometime. Any ideas for a name?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How about turnin' the clays loose for a specified time with a spotter behind each shooter to count hits plus a safety spotter at each end of the line? Most hits wins? Might have to videotape each round to settle scoring disputes, tho...

Or everyone gets one box and when first shooter is out call a cease-fire and most hits wins?

Call it "Thunder and Flightning"... Never mind the name, too cerebral.

Top Bottom