• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Profiling is a tool we should use to most efficiently utilize our limited resources.

Agreed.

How will you know, unless you investigate?

I can't stop laughing at that.

The limits of those depths have not been plumbed. ;)

Or that:

ETA:
    Seriously, I wasn't being intentionally obtuse (this time). If we're talking practicalities like prioritizing law enforcement investigations, what IS the line between offensive and violent?

And, importantly for this thread, what evidence is there that the SB shooters attended a mosque in the US that was anywhere near the line?

When someone like Chris Christie says he'd do "anything to keep America safe" I'd say there is no line for him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Investigative agencies generally place priorities on what they investigate as they do not have unlimited resources. Violence would tend to get far higher priority than the merely offensive.

I always wonder why a number of buddies of the fallen or soldiers from the same military branch don't just kick the crap out of them. If they got it good a time or two I think they would lose the stomach for it.

ETA: Referencing the Westboro peeps

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    When someone like Chris Christie says he'd do "anything to keep America safe" I'd say there is no line for him.

Christie is the biggest statist in the GOP primary... by far.

christie_zpshyvihh0a.jpg

But he looks damn good in a baseball uniform.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Gives me a reason to question the sanity of New Hampshire. He's "surged" to 2nd place at 12%! WTF is wrong with them people!?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Investigative agencies generally place priorities on what they investigate as they do not have unlimited resources. Violence would tend to get far higher priority than the merely offensive.

How do you know where a group falls unless you investigate?

I would say that the answer lies in the fact that the Westboro crew has mastered staying just inside the lines with lawsuits for reactions to them being their primary source of income for a number of years.

How obtuse can T.Lex be

The limits of those depths have not been plumbed. ;)

My understanding is that 180° is the limit. Anything past that is working its way back toward acute.

That reminds me I need a new set of Michelins for my truck.

Lardball does seem to have something in common with the Michelin man. The difference is that the Michelin man has shown no indication of being a constitution-failing statist.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    But by taking such an extreme position, he [Trump] may force more timid politicians like President Obama to finally confront this ISIS menace properly – before it’s too late.

Saying all Muslims are potential terrorists is stupid and dangerous.

But pretending none of them are is even more stupid and dangerous.

Official DHS documents claim that anyone who is any one of a veteran, supports the 2A, supports the Constitution, opposes illegal immigration, opposes abortion, or believes in the Second Coming of Christ is a terrorist/potential terrorist.

So, if every American who actually believes in the republic to which we were taught to mechanically pledge allegiance since Kindergarten is a terrorist/potential terrorist, why is it so unreasonable to make the same assumption about the demographic which has supplied us with the majority of our recent terrorists of note?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Official DHS documents claim that anyone who is any one of a veteran, supports the 2A, supports the Constitution, opposes illegal immigration, opposes abortion, or believes in the Second Coming of Christ is a terrorist/potential terrorist.

So, if every American who actually believes in the republic to which we were taught to mechanically pledge allegiance since Kindergarten is a terrorist/potential terrorist, why is it so unreasonable to make the same assumption about the demographic which has supplied us with the majority of our recent terrorists of note?

Yes, there was a DHS document discussing the threat of patriotic and s**erei*n citizens.

I think we need to keep that in mind when people advocate our government identifying terrorist activity. Today, a mosque. Tomorrow, an NRA meeting. And as an aside, that's exactly the kind of thing I think Hillary Clinton will condone if she is in elected president.

I heard some hubbub this week about someone buying a bunch of prepaid cell phones and how suspicious that was. I'm thinking "Um... I don't blame them. I'm not particularly fond of Google and the government tracking everywhere I go and potentially knowing everything I say either."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Obama must be SO glad that NONE of that descibes HIM. lol

Top Bottom