• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That high school was probably the big prize they planned for the day. Get all the first responders distracted at the shooting site, blow them up with the IEDs, then head over to the HS and bulldoze through that until the city could scrape together enough cops to take them down.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That high school was probably the big prize they planned for the day. Get all the first responders distracted at the shooting site, blow them up with the IEDs, then head over to the HS and bulldoze through that until the city could scrape together enough cops to take them down.

There is a lot of merit to what you say.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Except the "IEDs" they were using were unlikely to take out all the officers. A few at a time perhaps, but not like Die Hard-rooftop big.

Which begs the question: he knew the location, layout, and likely the security of at least 1 school, more likely several. Why not hit that cherry soft target first? Or heck, the medical conference center had a metric s-ton of sheeple. It was a target rich environment right there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Except the "IEDs" they were using were unlikely to take out all the officers. A few at a time perhaps, but not like Die Hard-rooftop big.

Which begs the question: he knew the location, layout, and likely the security of at least 1 school, more likely several. Why not hit that cherry soft target first? Or heck, the medical conference center had a metric s-ton of sheeple. It was a target rich environment right there.

Someone at the party pissed the male terrorist off. Shooting up the party likely wasn't the plan, but the terrorist wasn't gonna take that :poop:.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I think the initial target/actual victims were a more spur-of-the-moment kind of thing.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Am I the only one wondering why they chose to use the optics shown on the rifles?

If they intended to do the deed inside a building, at moving targets, and relatively close range, I would think iron sights would be the better choice.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Am I the only one wondering why they chose to use the optics shown on the rifles?

If they intended to do the deed inside a building, at moving targets, and relatively close range, I would think iron sights would be the better choice.
    Bubbahood is strong in Jihadiland.

Surprised they didn't have flashlight/lasers and 45 degree offset BUIS.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

They used red dots from what I could tell. Red dots are awesome for quick target acquisition. I think they are much faster then Irons.

Even if they were crappy red dots, they only needed to hold a zero for one outing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Bubbahood is strong in Jihadiland.

Surprised they didn't have flashlight/lasers and 45 degree offset BUIS.
    Tacticool Jihad.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They used red dots from what I could tell. Red dots are awesome for quick target acquisition. I think they are much faster then Irons.

Even if they were crappy red dots, they only needed to hold a zero for one outing.

They were Aimpoints, the good stuff. Micheal Bane figures the terrorists were likely shooting from the hip though, spraying rather than aiming. Morbid, but if they were aiming with the red dot's, the death toll would have been much higher.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    They were Aimpoints, the good stuff. Micheal Bane figures the terrorists were likely shooting from the hip though, spraying rather than aiming. Morbid, but if they were aiming, with the red dot's, the death toll would have been much higher.

Except that once shots were ringing out people were likely running every which way in a panic. Even with a red dot they gotta get a good sight picture, and without practicing with moving targets that ain't easy. Or so I would think.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

Yes, they were in a target rich environment, but the HS would have been a much more terrorist thing to hit. Now, I'm not saying the IEDs would have been so effective that all the first responders would have been eliminated, but probably most were already drawn to the diversion, and injuries from bombs would bring in what was left. Devastation at the school would have been that much easier at that point. Why did they start where they did? The people were known to him, and had probably already pissed him off. Their escape from that facility had already been made, and it was good police work that stopped them. Remember, they still had a lot of ammunition and IEDs with them. If the party had been their objective, why didn't they go all-in?

Of course, I also wonder why the area was crawling with feds while the shooting was still going on. Did they know something? Were they serving an agenda?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Except that once shots were ringing out people were likely running every which way in a panic. Even with a red dot they gotta get a good sight picture, and without practicing with moving targets that ain't easy. Or so I would think.

There have been reports that they had been dryfiring in the backyard on top of livefire at the local ranges.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

My favorite is a holographic, but red dots work much the same. They give a wide field of view, but cancel parallax, so you don't need to align yourself with the scope, you just put the dot on the target and let go. Lead will be insignificant in close quarters.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Just in time for Christmas.......

shelf-on-an-elf-gets-waterboarded.jpg

Top Bottom