• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    yeah, I never thought that it made sense he would marry someone like that if he wasn't radical

But for all the spying the government does and their business looking for trouble, you would think a dating website with radical Muslims would be monitored

They are much too busy with us.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Just in time for Christmas.......

shelf-on-an-elf-gets-waterboarded.jpg

Wait. Is Santa the victim or is he being waterboarded for terror info?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    My favorite is a holographic, but red dots work much the same. They give a wide field of view, but cancel parallax, so you don't need to align yourself with the scope, you just put the dot on the target and let go. Lead will be insignificant in close quarters.

True. But you'd still be constantly moving the rifle around trying to get on target and pull the trigger at the right time to get a round on target. I've never fired at people running to and fro in a panic, so honestly I have no idea how easy or hard that would be, but my gut tells me it's a good bit harder than shooting at stationary targets.

I could well be wrong, but that's what makes sense to me.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Am I the only one wondering why they chose to use the optics shown on the rifles?

If they intended to do the deed inside a building, at moving targets, and relatively close range, I would think iron sights would be the better choice.

lack of training

There is now information they went to a range, but that's not the same as getting help from experienced gun handlers. I still don't think a guy growing up in suburban California and a Saudi woman knew a whole lot about guns or had serious skill with them. And they couldn't come on a place like INGO and say "hey how should we set these rifles up for maximum kill at close range?"

.... or maybe that was the best setup for a high school, with kids in places like cafeterias and gyms. Sad to think about, but possible.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That high school was probably the big prize they planned for the day. Get all the first responders distracted at the shooting site, blow them up with the IEDs, then head over to the HS and bulldoze through that until the city could scrape together enough cops to take them down.

A plot straight out of a Brad Thor novel (distraction attack, followed by the primary attack), but scary, because it's absolutely plausible.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I wonder if there is an investigative unit profiling members of Westboro Baptist Church? I think if investigators have identified a group that has ties to people plotting to do illegal acts they are fair game for profiling, even the group claims to be religious.

Investigative agencies generally place priorities on what they investigate as they do not have unlimited resources. Violence would tend to get far higher priority than the merely offensive.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Investigative agencies generally place priorities on what they investigate as they do not have unlimited resources. Violence would tend to get far higher priority than the merely offensive.

How do you know where a group falls unless you investigate?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder if there is an investigative unit profiling members of Westboro Baptist Church? I think if investigators have identified a group that has ties to people plotting to do illegal acts they are fair game for profiling, even the group claims to be religious.

How do you know where a group falls unless you investigate?

Profiling is a tool we should use to most efficiently utilize our limited resources.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How obtuse can T.Lex be

The limits of those depths have not been plumbed. ;)

ETA:
    Seriously, I wasn't being intentionally obtuse (this time). If we're talking practicalities like prioritizing law enforcement investigations, what IS the line between offensive and violent?

And, importantly for this thread, what evidence is there that the SB shooters attended a mosque in the US that was anywhere near the line?

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom