• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Funny... wife and I just had this same conversation about her brother in Jersey. Clueless does not even begin to cover him.

I have a brother-in-law in Jersey, He is a great guy. Widowed with 4 kids he married my sister with 3. He is a retired Sea Bee with 30 + years, he sees nothing wrong with the fact that he can not own a bb gun.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    tashfeen-malik-620x259.jpg

Malik also means ‘king.’ Therefore, when the name of the female terrorist was revealed as Tashfeen Malik, it seemed wrong.
    I searched around for her background and the names of her parents. Those were found, but the parents’ names were different from her’s and the implicit question in my mind remained: would a Pakistani girl raised in Saudi Arabia be named Malik?

I raised this question to my Facebook friends and one of them came through with a link from Palestinian ex-terrorist, ex-Muslim Walid Shoebat. Tashfeen Malik is a man’s name. Oh and not just any man.

Tashfeen Malik (King) is a nom de guerre for a Muslim Jihadist from the annals of Muslim history. As he is known to Muslims “تاشفين ملك الموحدين” Tashfeen Malik Al-Muahideen, in English: Tafhseen King of the Unitarians (Muslims) and the conquerer of the west. The history stems from when Yusuf ibn Tashfin led the Muslim forces in the Battle of Zallaqa/Sagrajas. He came to Andalusia from Morocco to help the Muslims fight against Alfonso VI, eventually achieving victory and allowing the Muslims to remain in Spain for centuries. The battle has been symbolic for Muslim victory against the Christians.

(Note: the link was posted before the true(?) photo of “Tashfeen Malik” was presented to mainstream news agencies and Mr. Shoebat posts photos mistakenly identifying a relative of Syed Farook as Malik.)

To recap, a terrorist using a fake name and a fictitious address came into this country on a K-1 fiancé visa. And she was “vetted” by our government.

Who?s that girl? (Updated) « Hot Air

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm a bit skeptical of the idea that the wife radicalized the husband, at least as the overall explanation. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Guy who grows up in America seeks a Saudi wife, and brings back a woman who covers her face most of the time, and he chose someone like this without being a bit radical to begin with?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm a bit skeptical of the idea that the wife radicalized the husband, at least as the overall explanation. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Guy who grows up in America seeks a Saudi wife, and brings back a woman who covers her face most of the time, and he chose someone like this without being a bit radical to begin with?

My thoughts entirely. He was in the market for a partner. It was arranged and she was set up to pass muster.
    The whole thing is just wrong.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My thoughts entirely. He was in the market for a partner. It was arranged and she was set up to pass muster.
    The whole thing is just wrong.

I read something earlier and I can't find it now but they supposedly had around $35,000 in the bank.....
    His job of $70 K per year was not what I would consider "high" pay for California. How does a new couple get that kind of scratch?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I read something earlier and I can't find it now but they supposedly had around $35,000 in the bank.....
    His job of $70 K per year was not what I would consider "high" pay for California. How does a new couple get that kind of scratch?

Perhaps when they aren't the ones doing the 'scratching'?

Yes, I had to be a jerk and answer you rhetorical question! :):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    He had his job for 5 years and lived simply. Not hard to accumulate that money as a single guy who doesn't bar hop and drug.

If there is more to it than that, I'm sure the FBI has folks working on it. But, it may just be that you can save money if you try hard.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He had his job for 5 years and lived simply. Not hard to accumulate that money as a single guy who doesn't bar hop and drug.

If there is more to it than that, I'm sure the FBI has folks working on it. But, it may just be that you can save money if you try hard.

You do realize that the cost of living there is something on the order of quadruple the cost of living here, don't you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You do realize that the cost of living there is something on the order of quadruple the cost of living here, don't you?

Have friends that have migrated back here due to the cost of living in CommieFornia. I have spent enough time out there to have experienced it.
    If he did save that much in 5 years he lived on Ramin...........:)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My home would sell for 3 to 4 times as much there as I could get for it here with lass than half the property.

When the parents from the previous post passed, their house sold for about $450K, which would have been less than $100K here. According to the tales I have heard, most other things are similarly inflated.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have a friend who married a woman who was from California, and that is what I have been given to understand.

I have a buddy in Malibu who pays 2200 a month rent for a one bedroom, but that's one of the most expensive parts of California, I think like anywhere else the costs vary by location and San Bernardino is cheaper than the rest of the state.

Top Bottom