• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll only give you a taste right now, as I really don't want this to become political, but supposedly Osama is dead, though it would have been much sweeter if Obama went in there and took him out himself. (I figured this would appease the majority without causing too much commotion.)

I would never disagree that Obama is a terrible president, but he has signed a few laws that actually helped us gun owners. He recently authorized the transfer of World War II 1911 handguns to the civilian marksmanship program and he also legalized the carrying of handguns in national parks.

What are you gents thinking on the President's addressing the nation Sunday evening?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...obama-address-nation-over-terror-threats.html

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I would never disagree that Obama is a terrible president, but he has signed a few laws that actually helped us gun owners. He recently authorized the transfer of World War II 1911 handguns to the civilian marksmanship program and he also legalized the carrying of handguns in national parks.

Both of those were minor amendments in much larger bills, the first of which was vetoed and had to be resubmitted. I credit congress for getting him to swallow those rather than Obama for signing despite pro-gun provisions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Both of those were minor amendments in much larger bills, the first of which was vetoed and had to be resubmitted. I credit congress for getting him to swallow those rather than Obama for signing despite pro-gun provisions.

How are we deciding if Barry was "good" or "bad?" It's completely subjective. If you look at from a left standpoint, he was stellar in what he accomplished, but those same accomplishments would be looked at, by the right, as bad.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How are we deciding if Barry was "good" or "bad?" It's completely subjective. If you look at from a left standpoint, he was stellar in what he accomplished, but those same accomplishments would be looked at, by the right, as bad.

This statement rests upon a falsehood. It presupposes that the standard of the quality of a president is popular approval. The job calls for, as described in the oath of office, diligently following the Constitution in the course of managing the country. Not only has Barry signally failed to do so, he has made it clear that he considers the Constitution an obstacle he is forced to work around rather than a standard by which he should operate. There is nothing subjective about this, unless, of course, you subscribe to the contemporary leftist position that the Constitution is a 'living document' that says WTF-ever you want it to say as found in the spaces between the lines.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

So I am guessing you know where my feet are firmly planted.......:)

You are invited as well...........Dis-gonna be good........

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Funny, I would say that the dead and wounded are victims who succumbed to an ideology.

Absolute truth spoken here. People who subscribe to wrong thinking are NOT victims, those they harm on account of their wrong thinking are.

I'm well aware that is President is pushing for gun control. At the same time we should accept that he has signed a few pro gun laws, even if they were signed unwillingly. The point you're somehow attempting to make is?

You are conflating two concepts. Obama signed a couple of laws which helped us in which the helpful parts were the distasteful amendment added to something he really wanted and/or needed to sign, and essentially did so under duress. There is no merit in involuntarily doing the right thing because you are denied a realistic alternative. It is much like saying that a certain burglar hasn't stolen for anyone since the day he was arrested even though he hasn't been out of jail since that day.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I'm well aware that is President is pushing for gun control. At the same time we should accept that he has signed a few pro gun laws, even if they were signed unwillingly. The point you're somehow attempting to make is?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ses-course-forbids-sale-antique-m-rifles.html

http://www.americasfreedomfighters.com/2014/03/29/breaking-news-obama-bans-ammunition-imports/

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/18/obama-administration-bans-import-of-popular-russian-firearms/

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

No point, just wanting your opinion, along with the other gent who seems somewhat accepting of the president.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

When the president uses every political ploy he can conjure to attack gun owners, why is it necessary to acknowledge minor legislation that he signed just to get something he wanted more?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I never considered myself a one-issue voter, but damn this tends to polarize me probably more than any other issue.

2A has many enemies. Its just that SA demands the most immediate threat must be dealt with first. ANY Republican. Even Trump. Even ... uuugh... Rubio (just for you GP)

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I never considered myself a one-issue voter, but damn this tends to polarize me probably more than any other issue.

It's one of the few issues where voting actually matters imo.

In most other issues the outcome tends to drift towards bigger government regardless of what rhetoric candidates use.

Top Bottom