• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    2A has many enemies. Its just that SA demands the most immediate threat must be dealt with first. ANY Republican. Even Trump. Even ... uuugh... Rubio (just for you GP)

When Trump first joined the race as a Republican I could not imagine a circumstance under which I would vote for Trump. But if the choice is between Trump and any of the Democrats running, I'll vote for Trump.

It's one of the few issues where voting actually matters imo.

In most other issues the outcome tends to drift towards bigger government regardless of what rhetoric candidates use.

That's true.

BTW, I was just watching Fox News Sunday and Juan Williams just repeated the bullet button=automatic fire bull****! HOLY F***. He simply doesn't belong in a debate about firearms if he has no understanding about firearms!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd vote for Bernie if he pledged not to change gun laws. Not likely to happen.

Bernie has infamously defended his vote against holding manufacturers responsible for what users do with guns. It looks like now he's turned pragmatist. If he won the nomination he could then make such a pledge and it would help him more than hurt. But in the primary, with all the social justice warriors, insanely politically correct wackos, and rabid anti-gun dem-bots, Sanders couldn't win the nomination after making that pledge.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oops.

San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook shared ISIS’ ideology, wanted to see the establishment of an Islamic caliphate and was fixated with Israel, Farook’s father told an Italian newspaper during an interview in which he also offered his own unusual ideas about Israel.
    “My son said that he shared [ISIS leader Abu Bakr] Al Baghdadi’s ideology and supported the creation of the Islamic State,” said Farook's dad, also named Syed Farook, who lives in Corona, Calif., with another son who is a Navy veteran. “He was also obsessed with Israel.”

San Bernardino gunman obsessed with ISIS and Israel, dad says | Fox News

Gee........ well that doesn't jive with this.........

http://gosporttimes.com/2015/12/06/attorneys-family-members-of-male-san-bernardino-shooter-say/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This statement rests upon a falsehood. It presupposes that the standard of the quality of a president is popular approval. The job calls for, as described in the oath of office, diligently following the Constitution in the course of managing the country. Not only has Barry signally failed to do so, he has made it clear that he considers the Constitution an obstacle he is forced to work around rather than a standard by which he should operate. There is nothing subjective about this, unless, of course, you subscribe to the contemporary leftist position that the Constitution is a 'living document' that says WTF-ever you want it to say as found in the spaces between the lines.

If diligently following the Constitution is the test we're using to determine a "good" or "bad" president, then I'd really like they know who you think our best president was since the start of the 20th Century.
    And my statement is not based on popular approval, it is based on a president's platform, which got him elected, and his ability to achieve what he wanted to do.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If diligently following the Constitution is the test we're using to determine a "good" or "bad" president, then I'd really like they know who you think our best president was since the start of the 20th Century.
    And my statement is not based on popular approval, it is based on a president's platform, which got him elected, and his ability to achieve what he wanted to do.

Eisenhower. After that, meh.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

If a president fails to follow the Constitution, he is derelict in his duty and cannot, by definition, be a good president.

In the 20th century and the 21st, mediocre is the best we have had, unfortunately, which is a large part of the reason why we are where we are.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    News is now saying that the shooters father admits his son was a member/follower of ISIS

[video=youtube;WmJHSot6EaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJHSot6EaI[/video]

I thought they had NO idea?

I saw an interview with two of his relatives, either a sister and brother-in-law or a brother and sister-in-law. Now, I watch too many cop shows so I am an adept armchair interrogator. The interviewer was asking about what they knew or what indicators they may have noticed. The both sat calmly, but every time she answered a question her eyelashes Began to flutter violently and she looked down and to the left. Every time he answered a question it was subtler but he looked down and to the left.

So, when your wife asks you where you've been, make sure you are upright, glance up and to the right.

Reagan Ronald Reagan on the Issues

On the family:
    All great change in America begins at the dinner table. (Feb 2011)
    Breakdown of the family causes "welfare culture". (Feb 1986)
    As the family goes, so goes our civilization. (Feb 1985)
    Bedrock values: faith, family, work, neighborhood. (Jan 1984)
    Unwed mothers are better off keeping their babies. (Jan 1984)

On gun control:
    Carried a pistol as president on his ranch & to the USSR. (Jun 2009)
    I'm an NRA member & I support the Brady Bill. (Sep 2004)

There is a lot more like striking 23,000 pages of federal register regulations, the worst thing I think he did was trading amnesty for a "promise" of border security.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Reagan Ronald Reagan on the Issues

On the family:
    All great change in America begins at the dinner table. (Feb 2011)
    Breakdown of the family causes "welfare culture". (Feb 1986)
    As the family goes, so goes our civilization. (Feb 1985)
    Bedrock values: faith, family, work, neighborhood. (Jan 1984)
    Unwed mothers are better off keeping their babies. (Jan 1984)

On gun control:
    Carried a pistol as president on his ranch & to the USSR. (Jun 2009)
    I'm an NRA member & I support the Brady Bill. (Sep 2004)

There is a lot more like striking 23,000 pages of federal register regulations, the worst thing I think he did was trading amnesty for a "promise" of border security.

He also signed the FOPA (good) with the Hughes amendment (bad) attached to it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    i didn't think I needed to spell it out for you - so far his father has been denying that he knew about his son's radicalization, and now he has done an about face. So, at least one member of his family is a liar.
    Oh you didn't need to spell anything out. I know what it's all about. I didn't think I needed to use purple.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    i didn't think I needed to spell it out for you - so far his father has been denying that he knew about his son's radicalization, and now he has done an about face. So, at least one member of his family is a liar.

He should be brought up on charges. Accessory at the very least.

Top Bottom