• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Neither of my children are homosexual. I taught them better than that!

I'm not actually advocating violence towards sodomites. I was just relating how things used to be in the Marine Corps. This was back when Marines were expected to kill things and break stuff. We didn't have to worry about offending Muslims and homosexuals.

Oh, you mean back when homosexuals served beside you but never talked about who they preferred to have physical relationships with. Did you teach your kids to be intolerant of homosexuals as well? How exactly do you teach them better than that? Is that like when people catch their kid trying a cigarette so they make them smoke the entire pack?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think this one is about to end, so I'll just say that I'm glad this guy made it home. Thanks to his efforts, and those of many others, he can kiss whomever he wants to kiss.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Oh, you mean back when homosexuals served beside you but never talked about who they preferred to have physical relationships with. Did you teach your kids to be intolerant of homosexuals as well? How exactly do you teach them better than that? Is that like when people catch their kid trying a cigarette so they make them smoke the entire pack?

Of course, homos served when I was in the Marine Corps. We knew who they were. Like you said, they didn't talk about it.

My children aren't intolerant of homosexuals. One of my daughter's close friends in high school was a lesbian. My niece thinks she is a man trapped in a woman's body. My wife's first cousin is a gay man that is a "stay-at-home wife". I don't hate any of them. I don't approve of their lifestyle, but I don't hate them. I have a first cousin that is an alcoholic drug-user. He has three daughters and has never been much of a father to any of them. I don't hate him. I love him like a brother. However, I hate the life that he has chosen to live.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    First off, I'm glad they all made it home safe.

While I do not care one way or the other about his lifestyle or his choice to jump in and kiss in the manner he did,I could honestly careless about what he choses to do with the freedom he has fought for. Its not how I would chose to live my life but hey its up to him.

I do take issue that this was quite obviously done as a publicity stunt. Doing things that drawn media attention to yourself in uniform, especially political issues. I have said this before about those in uniform using the uniform as a political tool to get their 5 minutes of fame. For example, a few years back I watched the evening news and there was an Army Staff Sergeant in full dress uniform on national tv speaking out against the president and this country over the war in Iraq. Freedom of speech, freedom to do and say as you please if fine and dandy, but have the respect for those that wear the uniform and for those who have worn and given their lives for it and do not participate in publicity stunts. And yes, this was obviously a publicity stunt. I don't care if its 2 men, 2 women, or man and woman, the uniform is not something to use to gain fame. oh and for the record, I feel the same way about the Airforce Pilot who got paid to pose nude for playboy with her flight suit and uniform.

Rant over. :patriot:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Neither of my children are homosexual. I taught them better than that!

I'm not actually advocating violence towards sodomites.

No, but you're saying you're ok with it. Yeah, you might not actually DO it, but you'd condone it. As long as they aren't coming on to you then what the **** is the problem? I hate looking at people chewing with their mouths open but I can look away from it.

As for your children, you "taught" them that if they do have a sexuality other than what you approve of, they'll most likely either hide it from you or they will develop a relationship that looks like something you approve of but underneath won't have a solid foundation and may hurt them and the ones around them in trying to live up to your expectations.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I know how gun nuts cling to their religion as much as they cling to their guns.
    Religion is not allowed to be debated here, but prayer request and versus are allowed in sits. So I try to make my points with out being insulting.

I didn't feel our chat was heated. We both stayed civil
    I hope he feels the same

No insult taken,no anger here....These issues that we discuss should promote logical thought,It is a shame that American have become so addicted to being entertained by the major media groups that we no longer discuss real problems on a daily basis!

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Gay or straight he is still a Marine in uniform. So, his jumping into his partners arms is unbecoming. It would be the same for a WM to jump into her husbands arm while in uniform. A strong embrace and a strong kiss is one thing, but to jump into your partners arms while in uniform is unacceptable.

Still, glad they all made it home safely!

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Did you serve in the Marines?? If you did can you please tell me where you get the right to hold it over peoples heads? :rolleyes:

You are the one making blanket statements about the Marine Corps stating this kind of PDA or any other PDA is allowed in uniform.. not me! Get your facts straight before you bump your gums and I won't call you out on your BS!

:ingo:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    You are the one making blanket statements about the Marine Corps stating this kind of PDA or any other PDA is allowed in uniform.. not me! Get your facts straight before you bump your gums and I won't call you out on your BS!

:ingo:

bump your gums... is that a gay thing? gross dude.. gross.

:laugh:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I always find the intolerance of the religious crowd humorous. The old "do as I say not as I do".... y'all are made for politics!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I always find the intolerance of the religious crowd humorous. The old "do as I say not as I do".... y'all are made for politics!

Maybe we should discuss political thought that sought to eliminate religion.Once again I will say that I will never be in favor of a Government that promotes one line of religious thinking.I cherish your freedoms and mine.The Communist Party has always been anti-religious,Hitlers rise to power was totally anti-religious.Our Creator is still in control.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You know, I think everyone can agree to some extent that they don't agree with homosexuality. Yet there are still those who are disturbed by it due to their religious beliefs, upbringing, etc that they sincerely think it is "wrong" simply because they don't agree with it. Well, it may be "wrong" for you as an individual and that's fine. That's why you're not homosexual and why another person's actions don't directly, negatively affect you. But this belief that your opinion/belief is more important than anyone else's freedom of choice is COMPLETELY contradictory to the principles on which this country was created. Anyone who tries to use their freedoms to strip another American of theirs should be locked away, IMO. You're welcome to your opinion, but not to strip free people of their rights. It is also not the place or duty of the government, nor should they have the authority to decide who they do or do not consider a unified couple. That's not the purpose of a government and again is contradictory to everything this country stands for. People who do not agree with this simply perpetuate the government's overbearing and out of control decision making.

Again, everyone is welcome to their opinions but NOT to use their rights to free speech to strip someone of their rights to free choice. :twocents:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Maybe we should discuss political thought that sought to eliminate religion.Once again I will say that I will never be in favor of a Government that promotes one line of religious thinking.I cherish your freedoms and mine.The Communist Party has always been anti-religious,Hitlers rise to power was totally anti-religious.Our Creator is still in control.

Never said anything about anti-religion. In fact I have some beliefs, I just don't follow organized religion. Something about "following the money" of those groups that usually bothers me.

I do belive that no gov't should back any one religious belief. Religious FREEDOM was one of the main reasons the pilgrims hopped a boat and fought indians, made turkey and stuffing and such*. The gov't should not use that as a tool.

*Some historical inaccuracies may exist.

Anonym

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 2, 2010
    Orange County
    I probably shouldn't post in this thread, but it's been an interesting read. When I served, it was in the "don't ask, don't tell" era. I've never had a problem with homosexuals although I do not agree with what they do. I agree that anyone willing to suit up in uniform and be willing to die for their country is worthy of respect, and I have no problems giving it.

That being said, there was a clear reason for the "don't ask, don't tell" way of thinking. Service, especially during a conflict, requires you to trust and depend on the soldier next to you without question and without hesitation. Personal matters were always recommended and encouraged to stay in your footlocker and not shared with your fellow soldiers for the simple fact that some would allow it to break the bonds that were necessary to have on the battlefront. Sexual orientation, religion, political persuasion, and race MUST be overlooked to keep your purpose first and foremost in your thoughts and actions.

No, I have no problems with this soldier serving his country, but as it has been obvious in these posts, there are some on both sides of this fence who would compromise the integrity of the unit to sway for or against the personal matters of the individual given the chance. That's why I personally think this should have been saved for a more appropriate time and place and think that we should go back to the don't ask, don't tell policy. Just my opinion and my $0.02...

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Good for him, and glad he made it home safe. From the link...

article-2107338-11F342E0000005DC-16_468x286.jpg

:thatshot:er though!
    Yup, that's hot. The OP pic, not so much.

Top Bottom