• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    As a Marine, I find the picture disgusting!

This "Marine" throws himself up on another male and wraps his legs around him like he is some kind of submissive *****. Is this really how Marines want to be portrayed to our enemies? I think not.

What's next? Male Marines going to be wearing WM uniforms? Disgusting!

And yes, I am allowed to have an opinion and state it because I did my time in the Marines.

Let us consider for a moment the cultures and societies that accepted and promoted such behavior.Rome,Greece...These also promoted athletics and leisure above productivity,at risk of antagonizing all...they allowed feminine influence to greatly sway public policy,....Wolves became sheep,other stronger cultures soon dominated them. I am not throwing stones,just stimulating interesting discussion.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Let us consider for a moment the cultures and societies that accepted and promoted such behavior.Rome,Greece...These also promoted athletics and leisure above productivity,at risk of antagonizing all...they allowed feminine influence to greatly sway public policy,....Wolves became sheep,other stronger cultures soon dominated them. I am not throwing stones,just stimulating interesting discussion.

Actually I believe Christianity was more the downfall of Ancient Rome than any of the things you listed.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    OK, I'll bite.

This thread is full of win. I am shocked at all the mature answers. Maybe even a bit dissapointed as i keep rereading this thread waiting for someone to try to pick that fight.

BUNCH OF MARINE HUGGING LIBERALS!!
    I was expecting scorched earth when opening up this thread. I'm shocked, SHOCKED, there's reason going on in here. I could just kiss all (most) of you on the lips....;)
    BTW, why is 2 women kissing hot (to both sexes, I'm guessing)?
    2 men, not so much....
    Any women wanna pipe in here?

BTW2, how do I make the script purple?

Last edited:

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    You know, I'm "fixed", we have no kids and have no plans for it. What we are doing "makes no sense" to many. But it's a personal choice. Just like homosexuality.

I still remember the day I decided to be straight. Everyone else remember the day they chose their sexual orientation?
    :dunno:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Unless they're struck by lightening, blown over in a windstorm, flooded by a hurricane, uprooted by a tornado....... It's not black and white. There are shades of gray and colors too.

Very true,but the one invariable fact is that trouble will come....Inner strength is essential to survival.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    i doubt it but, Christianity is the foundation that made this country great..........

jake

Such christian foundations like slavery?

The bible deems it to be ok. Society deemed it to be unjust.

Just like the bible forbids wearing clothing of wool and linen.

or that a rape victim must be killed or married to the aggressor pending on how loud she screamed.

or gay relationships.

or the wholesome family values of Lots daughters getting him drunk so they may sleep with him to receive his seed so they could bear sons for him.

How come we toss some "teachings" of the bible aside yet cling to others.

As far as our foundation goes. Some of the founding fathers were atheist, agnostic. hell one (whom i can't remember the name, im sorry) held koran readings and bible readings and such on the white house lawn as him and others would sit and debate the teachings and looked at religion as a intellectual exercise.

But above all that, they were secularist. they wanted a government free from religion entanglement.

I would have less of a problem with religion if they would just shut up about it. you wanna worship a sun god from a bible that was pieced together to create control over the people by a king. Then please do so. Just stop dictating how others should live their lives.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    But it does not ensure survival.

I believe that we are and have been a kind and benevolent world leader.Change is inevitable,I hope that my children can raise their children in a country that resembles the one I was raised in....By a MOTHER and FATHER.....But it seems less likely as the years go by.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Such christian foundations like slavery?

The bible deems it to be ok. Society deemed it to be unjust.

Just like the bible forbids wearing clothing of wool and linen.

or that a rape victim must be killed or married to the aggressor pending on how loud she screamed.

or gay relationships.

or the wholesome family values of Lots daughters getting him drunk so they may sleep with him to receive his seed so they could bear sons for him.

How come we toss some "teachings" of the bible aside yet cling to others.

As far as our foundation goes. Some of the founding fathers were atheist, agnostic. hell one (whom i can't remember the name, im sorry) held koran readings and bible readings and such on the white house lawn as him and others would sit and debate the teachings and looked at religion as a intellectual exercise.

But above all that, they were secularist. they wanted a government free from religion entanglement.

I would have less of a problem with religion if they would just shut up about it. you wanna worship a sun god from a bible that was pieced together to create control over the people by a king. Then please do so. Just stop dictating how others should live their lives.

The Bible never approved of slavery,other things that you speak of are facets of Hebrew law that was fulfilled in the coming of the messiah...Bible study is not the purpose of this forum....just let me say that the Bible is a record of imperfect humanity...I will say as I indicated yesterday that no one is against government regulation of private affairs more than I......Within sane limits you are free to do as you wish..I am free to comment if I desire.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

Exodus 21:7-11 NLT

But you are right, this is not the place for bible study, So i will cease with the bible versus

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

Exodus 21:7-11 NLT

But you are right, this is not the place for bible study, So i will cease with the bible versus

Correct...Enemies could be enslaved.Hebrews could be in servitude for debt...After the year of Jubilee,freed.The law of Moses was a schoolmaster until Christ came.I do appreciate knowledgable discussion by the way.!No leader of the NT Christians promoted slavery. There must be some way to decide what is right and what is wrong,or we will all spiral out of control in our seeking of pleasure....

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Correct...Enemies could be enslaved.Hebrews could be in servitude for debt...After the year of Jubilee,freed.The law of Moses was a schoolmaster until Christ came.I do appreciate knowledgable discussion by the way.!No leader of the NT Christians promoted slavery. There must be some way to decide what is right and what is wrong,or we will all spiral out of control in our seeking of pleasure....

(please every one who is about to read this, forgive my short rant)

See, this deciding what is right and what is wrong with the bible is the reason we don't need it. bible says slaves are ok, we say NOPE! and cut that part out of our lives, bible tells us how to handle rape, we say NOPE and figure it out our selves. Bible says blessed are those who dash the babies on the rocks, we say NOPE. We judge the bible based on our own morality. Morality taught to us by our folks and society. We have decided that we are on a higher moral ground than the bible. So why not just toss it aside and lose the superstition and live our lives. My right to swing my arms wildly ends at where my hand meets your body. its quite simple. there are lots of people who are "good with out god" Ill end my rant with a quite from Mr Dawkins. any one who would like to discuss this further can PM me, I don't want to get booted. I love it here

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world - Richard Dawkins

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    (please every one who is about to read this, forgive my short rant)

See, this deciding what is right and what is wrong with the bible is the reason we don't need it. bible says slaves are ok, we say NOPE! and cut that part out of our lives, bible tells us how to handle rape, we say NOPE and figure it out our selves. Bible says blessed are those who dash the babies on the rocks, we say NOPE. We judge the bible based on our own morality. Morality taught to us by our folks and society. We have decided that we are on a higher moral ground than the bible. So why not just toss it aside and lose the superstition and live our lives. My right to swing my arms wildly ends at where my hand meets your body. its quite simple. there are lots of people who are "good with out god" Ill end my rant with a quite from Mr Dawkins. any one who would like to discuss this further can PM me, I don't want to get booted. I love it here

Mr Dawkins apparently had not known true Christians...

Top Bottom