• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Going down that road expands the state. We should be focusing our efforts on getting it out, not inviting it into more.
    It's not a matter of more, it's a matter of seeing to it that all people are treated fairly under the law. If you wish to get government uninvolved in marriage then, by all means work towards that goal. But, until the day comes when government involvement in marriage is abolished it is our duty to see to it that all people are treated equally under those laws.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It's not a matter of more, it's a matter of seeing to it that all people are treated fairly under the law. If you wish to get government uninvolved in marriage then, by all means work towards that goal. But, until the day comes when government involvement in marriage is abolished it is our duty to see to it that all people are treated equally under those laws.

It is our duty to put the friggin state back in its cage.

Were it a dog, I would be beating it with a Lousville Slugger.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    The other thing you need to learn is that you think you are insulting me by insinuating that I'm gay. I'm not insulted, and most folks who don't really have a problem with it aren't insulted by it either. It is a little bit pathetic that you feel that this is the way to discuss the subject when you don't feel like you are "winning." I've dealt with real hatred by people with far more force of their convictions than your type.

Ok...Well now that youve stepped out of the ingo closet, im not trying to insult you nor do i hate you. I just disagree with you. But dont try and push your idea of normal on me. Im sorry you feel this way and im sorry to see that my way of thinking is somewhat obsolete. Good greef, i never thought of all places id still be the minority. And winning, im not trying to win anything. I realize thats something unfortunately that i could never accomplish in the world we live in. But i wont do anything short of stand my ground.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    That's just a cop out to avoid the issue.

Not at all. This is yet another area where the state has overstepped its bounds. The solution is not to invite it to continue to do so and expand its presence in matters beyond its bounds. The solution is to beat the monster back into its cage.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Ok...Well now that youve stepped out of the ingo closet, im not trying to insult you nor do i hate you. I just disagree with you. But dont try and push your idea of normal on me. Im sorry you feel this way and im sorry to see that my way of thinking is somewhat obsolete. Good greef, i never thought of all places id still be the minority. And winning, im not trying to win anything. I realize thats something unfortunately that i could never accomplish in the world we live in. But i wont do anything short of stand my ground.

*laughs* that'd be a pretty speech if I WAS homosexual. Sorry to burst your bubble sunshine, but I'm not. I am, however, secure in my sexuality.

It always comes as a shock to some folks that just because we share an interest in guns it doesn't mean we share every other fool belief each other has.

You can stand your ground all you want, I never posted anything that said you have to change, I just called you out on your claim of not being a homophobe when your entire post was a rant against homosexuality. It's ok with me if you want to be a raging homophobe or a flaming queen, I stopped trying to change people a long time ago since most people who have strong beliefs aren't willing to change readily. Quite frankly I prefer to know who has what strong beliefs: the most dangerous people are the ones who hide their true beliefs until they can stab you in the back.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not at all. This is yet another area where the state has overstepped its bounds. The solution is not to invite it to continue to do so and expand its presence in matters beyond its bounds. The solution is to beat the monster back into its cage.
    It's been involved in marriage for hundreds of years and will likely be involved for hundreds more. If you don't want to be treated equally under the law, or want others to be treated equally then you should reexamine your process on this. I can agree that the dog needs caged, but the reality is that it's not going to happen anytime soon.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Im getting out of here. This is more arguing than i can handle for one day...feel like im talking to my damn wife! And to the few of you of you that feel the way i do...you kick ass!:yesway: Sorry gay boys.:(

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Why make a rule that is impossible to enforce?To fight politically against any sexual behavior is foolish and a waste of time.We need less government,not more. Fathers,teach your sons to be responsible FREE men,and to accept no less.Mothers,teach your daughters to be responsible FREE women.Don't produce children that you will not support,when you do have children,make them the center of your existence,"Be not overcome of evil,but overcome evil with good".

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    An interesting writeup from Wiki.... Yeah, I know it's wiki, but it's still a good writeup.

Some groups believe that the requirement to obtain a marriage license is unnecessary or immoral. The Libertarian Party, for instance, believes that all marriages should be civil, not requiring sanction from the state.[5][6] Some Christian groups also argue that a marriage is a contract between two people and God, so no authorization from the state is required. In some US states, the state is cited as a party in the marriage contract [7] which is seen by some as an infringement.[8]

Marriage licenses have also been the subject of controversy for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community whose ability to marry is often limited by state regulations. Perhaps most notably, California's Proposition 8 has been the subject of heavy criticism by advocates of same-sex marriage.[9]

In October 2009, Keith Bardwell, a Louisiana justice of the peace, refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple, prompting civil liberties groups, such as the NAACP and ACLU, to call for his resignation or firing.[10][11] Bardwell resigned his office on November 3.[12]

The marriage laws and license requirements of many states originated from the ideas of eugenics.[13]

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Not to side track the thread, anyone know what the shower arrangements are in the military? do straights and gays shower at the same time or ?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Not to side track the thread, anyone know what the shower arrangements are in the military? do straights and gays shower at the same time or ?

This is a question that I have been wanting to ask....Might a smaller,weaker Marine be a little uncomfortable in the shower with a large intimidating homosexual that might be a little attracted?.....

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My five year old daughter asked me the other day, "Daddy, can girls marry girls?"

Me: Yes, punkin.
    Her: Can boys marry boys?
    Me: Yes, sweetie.
    Her: (Makes a face) Really? Boys can marry boys?
    Me: Yes.
    Her: I'm going to marry Amelie.

Amelie is her best friend who she's known since they were both babies, but who lives a couple of hours away now and she only sees every few months.

Me: That's nice.
    Her: Actually, (One of her favorite words) Actually, I'm going to marry Dillon. No, maybe Colton.

Colton is a little bad boy, always in trouble. He's only five, yet I already want to kick his little a$$.

I think I'd rather she married Amelie.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    You are the one making blanket statements about the Marine Corps stating this kind of PDA or any other PDA is allowed in uniform.. not me! Get your facts straight before you bump your gums and I won't call you out on your BS!

:ingo:

Open the link. It happens...a LOT. I don't care what you say is allowed.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I can understand if your religious beliefs teach this is wrong, so you think it's wrong.
    I can understand if you think it's not a good idea in the Armed Forces to allow open homosexuality because it might harm readiness.
    I can understand if you think it is morally wrong, even an abomination.

What I can't understand is why anyone cares what other people do.

You know what I think is a disgusting abomination? Camping out in the fast lane when other people want to get around you.

You know what else? Letting your dog bark and disturb your neighbors who don't have dog.

I've seen lots of heterosexual people "kiss" their dogs, which involves a lot of tongue, tongue that just moments before was deeply involved with the other end of the dog.

That Marine looked way cleaner than most dogs I've seen.

I just don't get the strong reaction. Who cares?

Top Bottom