• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    whether its worse than alcohol or not I think the government sees this as a tremendous tax base if it's legalized. one upside though would be free up prison cells for worse offenses

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Google the scientific literature on marijuana and schizophrenia. There are a lot of troubling studies... a lot. Some believe that chronic use may cause or trigger schizophrenia. Certainly it isn't the only cause. I am not saying that. Certainly lots of people use pot with no permanent ill effects. I didn't say that. And no it isn't just old studies. I know some of you have a hard time with grey areas and want to look at everything black and white. Most of life doesn't fall in that category.

Pot Smokers and Schizophrenic Patients May Share Similar Brain Changes | TIME.com

This is just one article that I read that I found interesting. I am linking for your reading pleasure. This is not the definitive article or study. Like I said, google it before you pooh pooh it.

I am open to any new info in regards to most anything.
    What I have seen/heard/done in this life defines most of my opinions.
    Everyone is different. I know folks who were 90 plus years and life long smokers with no ill effects. Same goes with booze. Everyone has a different threshold for substance abuse.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I still don't get the "free up prison cells" dream the propot crowd uses.

Like the IRS isn't going to be putting people in jail for pot tax evasion or stoned drivers causing death will or never happens.

I guess I need to start smoking some weed so it will make sense to me.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Alcohol does a great deal of damage to the human anatomy, the economy, the family structure, the children of abusers, etc. If marijuana is only as damaging as alcohol, it is a terrible thing to unleash on humanity. Still, the damage done by alcohol and marijuana does not equal the damage done by dishonest politicians, drugs wars, drug gangs; nor do they equal the damage done by out-of-control military and police, freedom fighters, the Muslim Brotherhood, etc.

Nothing good comes from the use of alcohol, tobacco, or marijuana. I have never enjoyed the taste of any alcoholic beverage—wine, beer, whiskey—they just taste bad to me. I do enjoy a good cigarette or cigar, but I have not had one since I quit smoking so I could join the jr. high basketball team, back in 1964. Never tried marijuana—had too much to do taking care of business to waste time with it.

It is impossible to halt the use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, heroin, cocaine—just like it is impossible to ban the use of firearms. If folks want it, someone will sell it to them. A market will develop to meet the need. We tried to ban the sale of guns to the Indians, prohibit the sale of alcohol, ban marijuana and all the other drugs. None of these efforts have been successful.

End the drug wars. Shut down the ATF. Tax the drugs to a fare-thee-well and pay off the national debt. Let those who want to get high do so in designated places like the old opium dens. Anyone caught operating under the influence forfeits all government medical care and voting rights, and the right to ever operate a vehicle again. They must work to pay off the damages done. Welfare recipients may not use their benefits to purchase such drugs, and must be tested for their use. One positive test permanently ends ALL welfare and unemployment benefits.

Companies selling these products are responsible to maintain rehab, recovery, and long-term care for those who use their products and become incapacitated by use, injury, accident or by being injured by someone under the influence of their products.

User pays and the company assumes the responsibility for the effect of their product.

Let the fools get high. Those of us who have wisdom will keep the world going just fine while these idiots slide into their own private hells on earth. They bought their ticket, let them take the ride at their own expense. No mercy. No quarter.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I can tell you have never been "blazed out of your gord". People who are blazed out of their gord aren't just smoking marijuana.
    You can't smoke so much you can't walk that's just not the way marijuana works.

They already have places you cannot work if you smoke cigarettes so I don't think pot would be any different

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I still don't get the "free up prison cells" dream the propot crowd uses.

Like the IRS isn't going to be putting people in jail for pot tax evasion or stoned drivers causing death will or never happens.

I guess I need to start smoking some weed so it will make sense to me.

Like all those thousands of people being locked up for making moonshine and evading taxes these days? If you remember all the great gangs in the 1920s were brought about by prohibition and I would argue "the war on drugs" has the same effect.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    There were a few times the weed I smoke wasn't as powerful or whatnot and it was a good experience the pain in my knee was temporarily gone and I was able to function about on par if I had been drunk. I would have to say that alcohol is worse it doesn't take much to get alcohol poisoning and die, where as with weed I have yet to hear of someone OD'ing.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    The President also did coke, and ate a dog.

Not exactly a shining role model.

hot-dog-and-coca-cola.jpg

As American as apple pie.

Top Bottom