Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Throughout this whole thing, I knew exactly zero people personally to die from the 'Rona. Until last week.

Had two good friends each loose a parent. Both late sixties, both overweight, one a diabetic, one with a history or heart problems. But they were both active and had their conditions under control with medication. Both died within a week of a positive 'Rona test.

They were also both HUGE Trump supporters. Sadly, it seems they believed everything Trump ever said, except that the vaccines he claims credit for are safe and effective. :rolleyes:

I don't support any mandate for these vaccines. People should free to choose for themselves and some will choose poorly. But I don't know a single primary care physician who wouldn't have begged people at my friends' parents' age and with their health conditions to get vaccinated. And more people in that age group have similar conditions than not these days.

If they don't trust their own doctor, if they want to trust their healthcare decisions to politicians or pundits, trust Gov Abbott, trust Trump. They're Republicans in good standing, you know they'd never lie.;)
    So here's the thing. Throughout this whole manufactured crisis, we've experienced a never ending parade of broken promises, moving goalposts, censorship, outright lies, and coersion, from the appointed experts, technocrats, talking heads, and elected officials. And I call it a manufactured crisis because we're inundated with incessant propaganda that this is the black death of our time. It's not. Have people suffered and died? Yes, but on nowhere near the scale you've been persuaded to believe. With every false promise, shifting goalpost, act of censorship, lie told, or coercive act enforced, those responsible for them burn a bit more of their credibility. To a logical mind, a loss of trust is reasonable, fitting reaction to such things. All that was required to build credibility was honesty and transparency, and since that isn't what we recieved we're left to speculate as to why. You would be very leary buying a car from a used car salesman who uses the tactics mentioned above, but many seem totally unsuspicious of those wanting to inject something into your body behaving in the same manner. It boggles the mind.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    There is no guarantee of a different outcome had they gotten the vaccine...
    There's no guarantee they wouldn't have gotten hit by a bus on the way to get it.

Getting vaccinated or not, wearing a mask or not, going to crowed places or not is about assessing your personal risk. Some people just seem to be really bad at that.

And it goes both ways. There are still plenty of relatively young vaccinated lunatics sitting alone, masked, cowering in their basement waiting for the 'Rona to go away before they come out. They spend their days on Twitter chastising the unvaxxed for their predicament. :rolleyes:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Getting vaccinated or not, wearing a mask or not, going to crowed places or not is about assessing your personal risk. Some people just seem to be really bad at that.

With NO long term studies, and the mentioned squandering of creditably when will the results be in that determine just who was good about assessing their personal risk?

You act like they are in, they are not.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So here's the thing. Throughout this whole manufactured crisis, we've experienced a never ending parade of broken promises, moving goalposts, censorship, outright lies, and coersion, from the appointed experts, technocrats, talking heads, and elected officials. And I call it a manufactured crisis because we're inundated with incessant propaganda that this is the black death of our time. It's not. Have people suffered and died? Yes, but on nowhere near the scale you've been persuaded to believe. With every false promise, shifting goalpost, act of censorship, lie told, or coercive act enforced, those responsible for them burn a bit more of their credibility. To a logical mind, a loss of trust is reasonable, fitting reaction to such things. All that was required to build credibility was honesty and transparency, and since that isn't what we recieved we're left to speculate as to why. You would be very leary buying a car from a used car salesman who uses the tactics mentioned above, but many seem totally unsuspicious of those wanting to inject something into your body behaving in the same manner. It boggles the mind.
    I actually agree for the most part.

The risk to the young and healthy, especially children, is overblown to the point of absurdity.

If all deaths attributed to the 'Rona were rigorously vetted, I'd guess more died with the 'Rona than died from the 'Rona.

But for the older, for those collecting comorbidities like baseball cards, it's a dangerous illness. This should be a decision between you and your doctor. If you can't trust your doctor to provide you with accurate information, find a new doctor.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I actually agree for the most part.

The risk to the young and healthy, especially children, is overblown to the point of absurdity.

If all deaths attributed to the 'Rona were rigorously vetted, I'd guess more died with the 'Rona than died from the 'Rona.

But for the older, for those collecting comorbidities like baseball cards, it's a dangerous illness. This should be a decision between you and your doctor. If you can't trust your doctor to provide you with accurate information, find a new doctor.
    Can you trust your doctor if the medical boards and large practices they all seem to be employed by are coercing him to tell you the "right things"? If he's willing to be coerced, do you think he'd admit that to you? The fact that we've gone nearly two years without you personally knowing someone who's succumbed to the virus is probably a pretty good indication that this is way overblown, even to those in your friends parents age group.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You would be very leary buying a car from a used car salesman who uses the tactics mentioned above, but many seem totally unsuspicious of those wanting to inject something into your body behaving in the same manner. It boggles the mind.
    If you stepped on a rusty nail, would you get a tetanus shot? The shot is a vaccine. People die from the vaccine (not many, but in INGO absolutist terms, that disqualifies the efficacy of the vaccine).

It's interesting (to me) to view prior vaccination programs and the ongoing vaccination protocols in our society. Back in the 50's, we didn't have vaccines available for mumps, measles, chickenpox etc etc. I ended up getting them. I lived through it. So why did we produce vaccines? A Big Pharma/Govt conspiracy?

INGO has gotten to the point where many are advocating (fill in the blank) and promoting the latest fear conspiracy (SCOTUS has no balls) along with the Big Lie.

It's nonsense. It's not rational thinking.

For those interested, tetanus: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/surv-manual/chpt16-tetanus.html

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Southwest ceo says canceled flights are due to “absenteeism”

We didn’t defeat the ussr, we became them. The level of propaganda in today’s media is sickening. It’s no wonder the sheeple go along with what they are told. It hurts my head to try to keep the lies and the truth straight anymore.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Southwest Airlines CEO and chairman Gary Kelly took in a record $9.2 million in salary, stock awards and other compensation in 2020, a year when the company lost $3.1 billion due to reduced flying during the COVID-19 outbreak.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Southwest ceo says canceled flights are due to “absenteeism”

We didn’t defeat the ussr, we became them. The level of propaganda in today’s media is sickening. It’s no wonder the sheeple go along with what they are told. It hurts my head to try to keep the lies and the truth straight anymore.

Wait, yesterday they said it was a "weather event"?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Failure to recognize the issues surrounding this charade is nonsensical and irrational.
    I refuse to be an old man yelling at clouds....and that is what I see most of this nonsense to be. I support the right to choose vaccination or not in this circumstance. I also support the right of a business to prevent you from accessing their services if they so choose.

Let Darwin sort it out.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I refuse to be an old man yelling at clouds....and that is what I see most of this nonsense to be. I support the right to choose vaccination or not in this circumstance. I also support the right of a business to prevent you from accessing their services if they so choose.

Let Darwin sort it out.
    It baffles me how anyone can possibly be comfortable with what has happened over the past 18 months or so.

I'm all about Darwinism and I support the rights of businesses denying access to whomever they choose so no issues there.

I'm just tired of how long it's taking to get all of this **** over with.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you stepped on a rusty nail, would you get a tetanus shot? The shot is a vaccine. People die from the vaccine (not many, but in INGO absolutist terms, that disqualifies the efficacy of the vaccine).

It's interesting (to me) to view prior vaccination programs and the ongoing vaccination protocols in our society. Back in the 50's, we didn't have vaccines available for mumps, measles, chickenpox etc etc. I ended up getting them. I lived through it. So why did we produce vaccines? A Big Pharma/Govt conspiracy?

INGO has gotten to the point where many are advocating (fill in the blank) and promoting the latest fear conspiracy (SCOTUS has no balls) along with the Big Lie.

It's nonsense. It's not rational thinking.

For those interested, tetanus: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/surv-manual/chpt16-tetanus.html
    We're back to this argument?

Each of those is a risk/reward analysis. Is the risk of contracting whatever it is great enough to warrant taking on the risk of side effects from the vaccine. It should not be up to you or anyone else to answer that question for anyone else.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We're back to this argument?

Each of those is a risk/reward analysis. Is the risk of contracting whatever it is great enough to warrant taking on the risk of side effects from the vaccine. It should not be up to you or anyone else to answer that question for anyone else.
    What part of "I support the right to choose vaccination or not in this circumstance. " was not understandable?

I could also take your comment and say: It should not be up to you or anyone else to intimidate anyone into NOT taking the vaccine.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    My employer a large aerospace concern majority foreign-owned and highly military industrial complex connected, sent out an edict that everyone had to be vaxed by early December.

Today I got the email to show my papers.

It's not the vaccination actually that I object to. I chose to take a chance on it based upon the information available at the time.

What I do object to is the totalitarian, " show me your papers " approach of the US government and its willing accomplices amongst the corporate class.

I know I shouldn't be surprised after the last 5 years. But I am just saddened that more than 50% of the American citizenry haven't objected to this notion that showing your papers is an acceptable expectation in the United States of America.

Ugh, as if anything else was needed just adds to how depressing the state of our nation has become.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom