Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    To get any meaningful comparison, check the infection rate vs the death rate for a given time period and country. Also be sure that you are comparing the same strain of virus, as new interations may have different characterstics with respect to contagiousness and severity of disease. Something a bit more in-depth than a chart with no context may be necessary.
    Ah. I see. So I asked the question, and instead of providing the information you’re telling me to find it myself. I see how this works

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    As expected with a vastly more contagious variant in a reopened society.

Have you checked the death RATE for vaccinated individuals yet, or would that mess with your confirmation bias?
    What’s the death rate of unvaccinated individuals?

I don’t care how “vastly more contagious” a “variant” is. If you’re going to force me to take a vaccine, it should be effective, variant or no variant.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have not seen anyone making the claim that the vaccination prevents the disease. Especially with the more virulent Delta variant. It does, however, vastly reduce the number of deaths, which is the more important goal. It should be obvious that if a population is mostly vaccinated, that most cases new case will be breakthrough cases on the vaccinated.

Go find some charts on Singapore's death rate at 85% vaccinated vs the death rate in the US with 56% vaccinated. Let me know what you come up with.
    'Virulent' doesn't mean what you think it does

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's odd.

"United said hundreds of vaccine holdouts changed course in the past week as they risked losing their jobs. As of September 28, 593 employees refused to get the vaccine, according to the company. By October 7, that number decreased to 232."

Not exactly the 3% you're looking for, I imagine.
    I don't have numbers on SW's sick calls because they didn't release them, they're trying to bury the lede. We can see the level of disruption they were able to create

And do recall, they don't even have to call in sick - all they have to do is obey all rules to the letter in order to implement a severe and spreading slowdown, which will have the same results

Perhaps SW pilots simply haven't been neutered

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What’s the death rate of unvaccinated individuals?

I don’t care how “vastly more contagious” a “variant” is. If you’re going to force me to take a vaccine, it should be effective, variant or no variant.
    One of them might be, eventually, someday. They just need to be able to keep experimenting on us and it might happen

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The fact we’re not even a year into the vaccines and already need the first vaccine plus 2 booster shots pretty much show the effectiveness of it, regardless what some people wanna peddle.
    It's Darwinian. Either your belief is correct....

or not.

hungergames10.gif

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’m still waiting for someone to show me the death rate of unvaccinated individuals, then show me the death rate of vaccinated individuals. Seems a lot of people made that claim when it was shown we had more deaths this year than last, but nobody wanted to provide any sort of evidence proving their theory correct.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I’m still waiting for someone to show me the death rate of unvaccinated individuals, then show me the death rate of vaccinated individuals. Seems a lot of people made that claim when it was shown we had more deaths this year than last, but nobody wanted to provide any sort of evidence proving their theory correct.

I don't know anyone making that claim, at least not on INGO. I remember almost everyone who replied to a comment I made requesting the same information to wonder where that data was.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Every once in a while, I see something posted and harbor some fantasy that if I just explain a little bit about how a deeper dive into stats, all will be clear....but then I come to my senses. No one is interested in an objective analysis. It's all an exercise in confirmation bias.

Frankly, the ad hominem attacks are a lot more fun.

Is it not more than a little ironic that those constantly going on about confirmation bias have their own confirmation bias, that anything posted that goes against TPTB is a confirmation bias?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't know anyone making that claim, at least not on INGO. I remember almost everyone who replied to a comment I made requesting the same information to wonder where that data was.
    It sure sounded as if they were using the “it’s the unvaxxed” argument in post 1881.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom