Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Where do you get that delta is more deadly? Even the article you linked takes issue with that statement.

We were told to get the jab to prevent infection, and that proved to be incorrect. Then we were told to get it to prevent spreading it, and that too turned out to be incorrect. Then we were told to get it to keep from infecting the jabbed. :n00b: Now we're told to get it because it lowers your chance of needing hospitalization or death, and that's starting to look like another lie. Those who continue to believe the reason du jour, after finding all the others were lies, appear rather foololish.
    Now we’re told that it prevents hospitalization or death from the delta variant, which is strange, because if delta is more deadly and the vaccine didn’t help against regular Covid-19 how is it going to be more effective against a stronger variant.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me more than that, I might be brainwashed by MSM

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Saw this in a dis-news story.
    What really is going on with it?
    Southwest CEO announced a vaccine mandate on Friday and it made a lot of pilots sick, apparently

Southwest tried to blame it on weather and staffing issues at JAX center, but no other airline was affected nearly as much. DL and UA had cancellations @ >1%, SW had cancellations @ 28%

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The transplant thing isn't quite as black and white as it might seem on the surface. Organs are in short supply and transplants are in high demand. If a patient receives a new organ, their immune system is weakened so if they were to be exposed to COVID there is a high probability it could severely impact or kill them. Then you've essentially wasted an organ that could have gone to another patient.

I don't necessarily think young, healthy people need to get the vaccine, but someone on the organ transplant list is likely far from healthy. Frankly if it came down to 'get the vaccine or you don't get the kidney' I'd sign up for that deal in a minute.

Now if a doctor says, this patient is so sick the vaccine could kill them before the transplant, then that should be taken into account too.
    The regular flu could do the same thing to someone immune compromised. Do they have a mandatory flu shot requirement?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When your only counterpoints are cat turds and memes, you might want to take a minute for some introspection.
    When you feel you have to cite the CDC as a reliable source, you might want to take a minute for introspection

Just sayin'

It's like JK citing PBS like it is 40 years ago, the CDC's credibility as a source hasn't aged well in the Fauci era

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    View attachment 162729
    Weird. If we can’t compare years, maybe we can just look at statistics within the year. Over 85% vaccinated in Singapore. I’m sure we’ll hear more scapegoats and rationalizations for why that happened tho.
    I have not seen anyone making the claim that the vaccination prevents the disease. Especially with the more virulent Delta variant. It does, however, vastly reduce the number of deaths, which is the more important goal. It should be obvious that if a population is mostly vaccinated, that most cases new case will be breakthrough cases on the vaccinated.

Go find some charts on Singapore's death rate at 85% vaccinated vs the death rate in the US with 56% vaccinated. Let me know what you come up with.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Southwest CEO announced a vaccine mandate on Friday and it made a lot of pilots sick, apparently

Southwest tried to blame it on weather and staffing issues at JAX center, but no other airline was affected nearly as much. DL and UA had cancellations @ >1%, SW had cancellations @ 28%
    That's odd.

"United said hundreds of vaccine holdouts changed course in the past week as they risked losing their jobs. As of September 28, 593 employees refused to get the vaccine, according to the company. By October 7, that number decreased to 232."

Not exactly the 3% you're looking for, I imagine.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    View attachment 162729
    Weird. If we can’t compare years, maybe we can just look at statistics within the year. Over 85% vaccinated in Singapore. I’m sure we’ll hear more scapegoats and rationalizations for why that happened tho.
    This spike is a good thing!

It turns out that all these breakout cases are a good thing. Why? Because they got mild cases and will now have natural immunity. You know, the thing that those of who have already had it don’t seem to get credit for when it comes to vaccine mandates.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    When you feel you have to cite the CDC as a reliable source, you might want to take a minute for introspection

Just sayin'

It's like JK citing PBS like it is 40 years ago, the CDC's credibility as a source hasn't aged well in the Fauci era
    No source is ever 100% accurate. You're free to make your healthcare decisions based on Twitter, memes and the latest hysteria from Zerohedge. I'll take a different path.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    View attachment 162729
    Most new cases of Covid-19—over 98%—have been either mild or asymptomatic, according to Singapore’s health ministry. The death rate over the last 28 days stands at 0.1%, despite an unprecedented surge in cases.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    giphy.gif
    "You could be wrong, you know. You have been before" - Ann Druyan (addressing Carl Sagan)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    No source is ever 100% accurate. You're free to make your healthcare decisions based on Twitter, memes and the latest hysteria from Zerohedge. I'll take a different path.
    Please state for the record, are you OK with forced vaccinations using an experimental drug? Yes or no will be fine.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have not seen anyone making the claim that the vaccination prevents the disease. Especially with the more virulent Delta variant. It does, however, vastly reduce the number of deaths, which is the more important goal. It should be obvious that if a population is mostly vaccinated, that most cases new case will be breakthrough cases on the vaccinated.

Go find some charts on Singapore's death rate at 85% vaccinated vs the death rate in the US with 56% vaccinated. Let me know what you come up with.
    Vastly reduces the number of deaths so effectively that we have more this year than last. That’s a good vaccine!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What was the death rate last year, before vaccines?
    To get any meaningful comparison, check the infection rate vs the death rate for a given time period and country. Also be sure that you are comparing the same strain of virus, as new interations may have different characterstics with respect to contagiousness and severity of disease. Something a bit more in-depth than a chart with no context may be necessary.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Vastly reduces the number of deaths so effectively that we have more this year than last. That’s a good vaccine!
    As expected with a vastly more contagious variant in a reopened society.

Have you checked the death RATE for vaccinated individuals yet, or would that mess with your confirmation bias?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom