Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The United States population is 56.8% fully vaccinated, not 70%.

New infections are 93% Delta variant, which first appeared in India in early 2021. Delta is more contagious and more deadly than the original virus. People infected withe the Delta variant can show 1000 times more viral load than people who where infected with the original strain. A more contagious and more deadly variant will inevitably kill more people in a given year vs. a year in which the variant did not exist.

The vaccine does not appear to be as effective against the Delta strain as the original strain, but still does offer vastly better protection against infection, serious illness and death than remaining unvaccinated.

From the CDC, which gave us the "99% survival rate" that everyone seems to take as gospel:

"One study tracked over 600,000 COVID-19 cases in 13 states from April through mid-July. As delta surged in early summer, those who were unvaccinated were 4.5 times more likely than the fully vaccinated to get infected, over 10 times more likely to be hospitalized and 11 times more likely to die, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

LINK: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...ccinated-11-times-more-likely-to-die-of-covid

I would hazard a guess that the initial current increase in deaths that we see with a largely reopened society and a much more contagious and deadly variant of the virus is not that surprising, considering the response to the pandemic in 2020, including the closure of non-essential businesses and restrictions on large gatherings, combined with a less contagious original strain of the virus.

The vaccination rate in 2021 did not jump from 0 to 56% on January 1, so you can't assign a vaccination rate for the entire year and then compare it to 2020. The vaccine rollout was gradual and is ongoing. And 56% fully vaccinated still leaves a lot of room for drastic increases in deaths, which are mostly amongst the unvaccinated.

Apologies for my sources, if they don't match the reliablity of a cat turd on Twitter. :)
    Nice work but.........

download (5).jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well you are Suburban Cowboy so that counts for something. A legend in your own mind. :lmfao:
    I don't suppose I should expect anything but memes and nonsense from someone who lives in a town called Santa Claus.
    At least people in my suburb have zero chance of living with an address on Elf Dick Drive or Reindeer Scat Road.

JCSR Claus.jpg

:laugh:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't suppose I should expect anything but memes and nonsense from someone who lives in a town called Santa Claus.
    At least people in my suburb have zero chance of living with an address on Elf Dick Drive or Reindeer Scat Road.

View attachment 162662

:laugh:
    *fozoe winces, as the conversation turns to personal jabs :)

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Thanks I appreciate the support and advice.

I'm just stuck. Ive worked hard to get to my title and salary. If I were to die on this hill and lose my job, there's no way to find a place with similar pay that won't also be under the same guidelines.

On the survey I marked "not but plan to if required" I'm just trying to delay as much as possible in hopes the mandate gets struck down in court before they want to axe me over it.

It's just so incredibly frustrating.
    They are gauging how many employees they could possibly lose. Everyone should have said no to the vaccine. That doesn’t keep you from changing your mind down the road

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    They are gauging how many employees they could possibly lose. Everyone should have said no to the vaccine. That doesn’t keep you from changing your mind down the road
    Yes very true. Employers kissing arse to the gubmint, probably for money just like everything else in this world PSYOP. As stated, it's a mirage like the rest of this cluster duck has been. SNAFU.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    IBTL....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Every once in a while, I see something posted and harbor some fantasy that if I just explain a little bit about how a deeper dive into stats, all will be clear....but then I come to my senses. No one is interested in an objective analysis. It's all an exercise in confirmation bias.

Frankly, the ad hominem attacks are a lot more fun.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

New infections are 93% Delta variant, which first appeared in India in early 2021. Delta is more contagious and more deadly than the original virus. People infected withe the Delta variant can show 1000 times more viral load than people who where infected with the original strain. A more contagious and more deadly variant will inevitably kill more people in a given year vs. a year in which the variant did not exist.

The vaccine does not appear to be as effective against the Delta strain as the original strain, but still does offer vastly better protection against infection, serious illness and death than remaining unvaccinated.

From the CDC, which gave us the "99% survival rate" that everyone seems to take as gospel:

"One study tracked over 600,000 COVID-19 cases in 13 states from April through mid-July. As delta surged in early summer, those who were unvaccinated were 4.5 times more likely than the fully vaccinated to get infected, over 10 times more likely to be hospitalized and 11 times more likely to die, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

LINK: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...ccinated-11-times-more-likely-to-die-of-covid

I would hazard a guess that the initial current increase in deaths that we see with a largely reopened society and a much more contagious and deadly variant of the virus is not that surprising, considering the response to the pandemic in 2020, including the closure of non-essential businesses and restrictions on large gatherings, combined with a less contagious original strain of the virus.

The vaccination rate in 2021 did not jump from 0 to 56% on January 1, so you can't assign a vaccination rate for the entire year and then compare it to 2020. The vaccine rollout was gradual and is ongoing. And 56% fully vaccinated still leaves a lot of room for drastic increases in deaths, which are mostly amongst the unvaccinated.

Apologies for my sources, if they don't match the reliablity of a cat turd on Twitter. :)
    The vaccinations were already out at the end of 2020, so while the rate may not have been 56% in January, it was higher than 0.

You can justify the deaths in 2020 vs 2021 any way you’d like, but the fact there are more deaths this year than last is very telling. Blame the variant, I don’t care, it does nothing but show the vaccine isn’t nearly as effective as the vaccine worshippers make it out to be, against Covid-19 or the variants.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Where do you get that delta is more deadly? Even the article you linked takes issue with that statement.

We were told to get the jab to prevent infection, and that proved to be incorrect. Then we were told to get it to prevent spreading it, and that too turned out to be incorrect. Then we were told to get it to keep from infecting the jabbed. :n00b: Now we're told to get it because it lowers your chance of needing hospitalization or death, and that's starting to look like another lie. Those who continue to believe the reason du jour, after finding all the others were lies, appear rather foololish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom