Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All, or at least most large companies are extremely progressive. They're also the ones who have hiring quotas, Chief Diversity Officers, are teaching CRT and having everyone put their preferred pronouns in their emails... :rolleyes:
    The companies aren't necessarily progressive, it's the HR departments that are. They push the agenda on the company.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The companies aren't necessarily progressive, it's the HR departments that are. They push the agenda on the company.
    This is my experience.

It all started with the inclusiveness and diversity.

One company i know started a diversity officer couple years back and when the HR VP stepped down, guess who got that role?

Yep!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is my experience.

It all started with the inclusiveness and diversity.

One company i know started a diversity officer couple years back and when the HR VP stepped down, guess who got that role?

Yep!
    The worst culprit at my company just moved to another subsidiary of the father company to be HR VP and Diversity Officer for them. IT will be interesting to see who replaces her.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

The large companies I've worked for were very Progressive at the executive level, regardless of the area. Yes, HR is a driver for this :poop:, but thinking they're the only ones is shortsighted.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The large companies I've worked for were very Progressive at the executive level, regardless of the area. Yes, HR is a driver for this :poop:, but thinking they're the only ones is shortsighted.
    That is quite an extrapolation. First, I am surprised you actually knew the political leanings of your executives. Second, I doubt you've worked for a large enough sampling to make a statement about large companies in general.

My current employer has quarterly updates by the executives to the company. Watching them speak, it is pretty obvious who is woke. For us it is the HR VP. The others never mention any of that crap, with the exception of a comment once in a while from the CEO about diversity. They always seem scripted from HR.

The others I have worked for, I had no clue what any of their political leanings were. Most executives tend to care about the companies stock price, and what they can do to make it go up.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That is quite an extrapolation. First, I am surprised you actually knew the political leanings of your executives. Second, I doubt you've worked for a large enough sampling to make a statement about large companies in general.

My current employer has quarterly updates by the executives to the company. Watching them speak, it is pretty obvious who is woke. For us it is the HR VP. The others never mention any of that crap, with the exception of a comment once in a while from the CEO about diversity. They always seem scripted from HR.

The others I have worked for, I had no clue what any of their political leanings were. Most executives tend to care about the companies stock price, and what they can do to make it go up.

When execs spout woke BS in company wide meetings and in closed door meetings we get info from, then it's not as hard to tell their political leanings as you might think.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Those not woke are too afraid of the woke to challenge them...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Have we done this one yet?

Joe Biden’s Vaccine Mandate Doesn’t Exist. It’s Just A Press Release

Yes, we’ve heard all about Joe Biden’s alleged vaccine mandate for private companies employing 100 or more people. It was all over the news even before he announced it on September 9. His announcement has jeopardized the employment of millions of Americans and increased worker shortages in critical domains such as health care.

There’s only one problem. It’s all a mirage. Biden’s so-called vaccine mandate doesn’t exist — at least, not yet. So far, all we have is his press conference and other such made-for-media huff-puffing. No such rule even claiming to be legally binding has been issued yet.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Have we done this one yet?

Joe Biden’s Vaccine Mandate Doesn’t Exist. It’s Just A Press Release

Yes, we’ve heard all about Joe Biden’s alleged vaccine mandate for private companies employing 100 or more people. It was all over the news even before he announced it on September 9. His announcement has jeopardized the employment of millions of Americans and increased worker shortages in critical domains such as health care.

There’s only one problem. It’s all a mirage. Biden’s so-called vaccine mandate doesn’t exist — at least, not yet. So far, all we have is his press conference and other such made-for-media huff-puffing. No such rule even claiming to be legally binding has been issued yet.

I did in #1806 but it bears repeating...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The United States population is 56.8% fully vaccinated, not 70%.

New infections are 93% Delta variant, which first appeared in India in early 2021. Delta is more contagious and more deadly than the original virus. People infected withe the Delta variant can show 1000 times more viral load than people who where infected with the original strain. A more contagious and more deadly variant will inevitably kill more people in a given year vs. a year in which the variant did not exist.

The vaccine does not appear to be as effective against the Delta strain as the original strain, but still does offer vastly better protection against infection, serious illness and death than remaining unvaccinated.

From the CDC, which gave us the "99% survival rate" that everyone seems to take as gospel:

"One study tracked over 600,000 COVID-19 cases in 13 states from April through mid-July. As delta surged in early summer, those who were unvaccinated were 4.5 times more likely than the fully vaccinated to get infected, over 10 times more likely to be hospitalized and 11 times more likely to die, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

LINK: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...ccinated-11-times-more-likely-to-die-of-covid

I would hazard a guess that the initial current increase in deaths that we see with a largely reopened society and a much more contagious and deadly variant of the virus is not that surprising, considering the response to the pandemic in 2020, including the closure of non-essential businesses and restrictions on large gatherings, combined with a less contagious original strain of the virus.

The vaccination rate in 2021 did not jump from 0 to 56% on January 1, so you can't assign a vaccination rate for the entire year and then compare it to 2020. The vaccine rollout was gradual and is ongoing. And 56% fully vaccinated still leaves a lot of room for drastic increases in deaths, which are mostly amongst the unvaccinated.

Apologies for my sources, if they don't match the reliablity of a cat turd on Twitter. :)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The United States population is 56.8% fully vaccinated, not 70%.

New infections are 93% Delta variant, which first appeared in India in early 2021. Delta is more contagious and more deadly than the original virus. People infected withe the Delta variant can show 1000 times more viral load than people who where infected with the original strain. A more contagious and more deadly variant will inevitably kill more people in a given year vs. a year in which the variant did not exist.

The vaccine does not appear to be as effective against the Delta strain as the original strain, but still does offer vastly better protection against infection, serious illness and death than remaining unvaccinated.

From the CDC, which gave us the "99% survival rate" that everyone seems to take as gospel:

"One study tracked over 600,000 COVID-19 cases in 13 states from April through mid-July. As delta surged in early summer, those who were unvaccinated were 4.5 times more likely than the fully vaccinated to get infected, over 10 times more likely to be hospitalized and 11 times more likely to die, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

LINK: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...ccinated-11-times-more-likely-to-die-of-covid

I would hazard a guess that the initial current increase in deaths that we see with a largely reopened society and a much more contagious and deadly variant of the virus is not that surprising, considering the response to the pandemic in 2020, including the closure of non-essential businesses and restrictions on large gatherings, combined with a less contagious original strain of the virus.

The vaccination rate in 2021 did not jump from 0 to 56% on January 1, so you can't assign a vaccination rate for the entire year and then compare it to 2020. The vaccine rollout was gradual and is ongoing. And 56% fully vaccinated still leaves a lot of room for drastic increases in deaths, which are mostly amongst the unvaccinated.

Apologies for my sources, if they don't match the reliablity of a cat turd on Twitter. :)
    You keep saying "from the CDC" like that means something to me.

A cat turd on Twitter has more credibility than the CDC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom